Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 62

Capital City League tonight 6/24.

Anyone going? I am planning on going. Anyone know if Sledge will be there tonight? I thought he wasn't going to be there on Wednesday because of graduation stuff in New York but I guess I was wrong. If anyone could confirm that he will be there that would be awesome. Thanks!

Game 1. 5:30- Korie Lucious, Chris Babb VS Royce White and Tyrus McGee

Game 2. 6:45- Melvin Ejim, Tavon Sledge, Austin McBeth VS Scotty and Jordan Railey

Game 3. 8:00- Chris Allen, Percy Gibson, Bubu Palo VS Anthony Booker, Will Clyburn and Law

Rookie
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 544
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 0

Re: Capital City League tonight 6/24.

That's the beauty of the Cap City League. No one knows 100% for sure who is showing up until they show up, not even the coaches. And just because they aren't there for tip off don't assume they aren't showing up, especially for the early game.

I haven't heard Tavon is going to be gone.

All-Star
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 267
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 82

Quote Originally Posted by Thompsonclone21 View Post
    Anyone going? I am planning on going. Anyone know if Sledge will be there tonight? I thought he wasn't going to be there on Wednesday because of graduation stuff in New York but I guess I was wrong. If anyone could confirm that he will be there that would be awesome. Thanks!

Game 1. 5:30- Korie Lucious, Chris Babb VS Royce White and Tyrus McGee

Game 2. 6:45- Melvin Ejim, Tavon Sledge, Austin McBeth VS Scotty and Jordan Railey

Game 3. 8:00- Chris Allen, Percy Gibson, Bubu Palo VS Anthony Booker, Will Clyburn and Law
    Some great match-ups in each game, especially Lucious vs. McGee. It will be interesting to see how that comes out. I'm hoping McGee is equal to or better than Lucious as that would mean we will have a good PG this year.

"Of course the people don't want war ... the people can always be brought to do the bidding of the leaders. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger."
    -- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

All-Star
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 391
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

Im thinking about going tonight but im not exactly sure where the gym is at. Does anyone know how to get there from altoona?

Rookie
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 544
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13

Quote Originally Posted by josh4isu View Post
    Im thinking about going tonight but im not exactly sure where the gym is at. Does anyone know how to get there from altoona?
    Take I-235 through Des Moines and get off at 35th St. in WDM (also known as Valley West Drive). Take a left.

Follow 35th St. south until you cross EP True Pkwy (Kum and Go on the corner). The road will bend right and head up a hill past the police station. Take the first left.

School is on top of the hill on the right.

All-Star
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Or stay on 80/35 to Mills Civic. Take left on Mills civic to 35th St. This way you can by pass that traffic backup between 42-72nd st at 5 pm.

All-Star
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 62

On my way home from the games. Chris Babb is really good. His shot is money. He is going to play alot of minutes. It's going to be tough to keep him out of the starting lineup.
    Chris Allen- Had some insane dunks in warm ups. He can really create his own shot. He played every minute tonight. Had a lot of threes as well.
    Percy Gibson- He is big but he will definitaly need work. Looks lost at times and needs to be stronger with the ball. But he did do some good things too so he will get some playing time this year I hope.
    Tavon Sledge- was not there. I've gone twice now and he was gone both times. My luck.
    Clyburn- He just does everything. I wish he could play this year!
    Booker- he was solid. Had some good drives and threes. He is athletic.
    Ejim- His three was looking really good tonight. His team killed Scottys team.
    I filmed some from my phone. Only problem is I have no idea how to edit it and upload it. If I figure it out I'll post it sometime.

All-Star
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 648
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

the more I think about it, the more I see the starting lineup being
    1. mcgee
    2. allen
    3. Scott/babb (whoever is hot)
    4. ejim
    5. white

and then when we want defense and rebounding, we go with
    1. mcgee/Allen
    2. babb
    3. ejim
    4. white
    5. railey

and then when we want our three point lineup we would go with
    1. mcgee
    2. Allen
    3. Scotty
    4. babb
    5. Royce

that would give us solid depth of bringing either babb or Scotty off the bench along with Booker, railey, gibson, sledge, and bubu. I anticipate a 10 man rotation, so I would expect bubu or Gibson to drop out of the rotation.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 83

Quote Originally Posted by DrewCo View Post
    the more I think about it, the more I see the starting lineup being
    1. mcgee
    2. allen
    3. Scott/babb (whoever is hot)
    4. ejim
    5. white

and then when we want defense and rebounding, we go with
    1. mcgee/Allen
    2. babb
    3. ejim
    4. white
    5. railey (I feel like Booker will be the better defender)

and then when we want our three point lineup we would go with
    1. mcgee
    2. Allen
    3. Scotty
    4. babb
    5. Royce

that would give us solid depth of bringing either babb or Scotty off the bench along with Booker, railey, gibson, sledge, and bubu. I anticipate a 10 man rotation, so I would expect bubu (I see Gibson passing Railey on depth chart mid-season) or Gibson to drop out of the rotation.

All-Star
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 391
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

Thank you guys for the directions! they were very on point. As for the games, i showed up with 5 minutes left in the first game and here are my thoughts :

Royce White-- is a man. In the short time I saw him play he did a little of everything, rebounded, scored, and people are not kidding when they tell you he is a great passer. He will be very useful in a pick-and-pop situation.

Korie Lucious--didnt see him do anything but he is very quick with the ball.

Chris Babb-- can shoot the ball lights out. He hit two or three stepback threes in the short time that I was at the first game. He is alot biggger/taller than I first thought.

Tyrus Mcgee- Didn't see a whole lot of him, but he did knock town a couple 3's and played good defense when the game got close to being over.

2nd game-- Sledge and Railey were not there.

Scott Christopherson-- played as he usually does. Shot very well and helped facilitate offense for his team.

Melvin Ejim-- was very impressive. Did absolutely everything. Drove the lane and finished with contact, rebounded very well, got shots for his teammates, and even hit a few threes and had a nice dunk. His shot looks quite different than before when he held the ball almost under his chin when he shot.

3rd game

Will Clyburn-- I am by no means calling him the next Kevin Durant but thats kind of who he reminded me off. A tall lanky guy who can do just about everything. Had a pretty good night.

Anthony Booker-- This is the first time I saw him play and I was very impressed. He is huge. Picked up 2 quick fouls but got right back in and played well. He seemed to be just as concerned with defense as he was with offense which is unusual for a summer league game. He talked on defense alot and he seems to be one heck of a teammate.

Chris Allen------ Wow. I know it was just the CCL but he really got me jacked for the season. His shot is as smooth as it gets. He can jump. He found open teammates. And he didn't sit at all the entire game. His team only had 7 players there and at times it seemed like it was him and Rayvonte Rice vs. the whole other team. He put the team on his back and took them to a win. He will be a heck of a player this year for us.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 91
    Given: 345

Thanks for the reports, guys!

Paul Rhoads' players never quit.
    (They just disappear offseason)

Pro
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 382
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I've been watching the Men's BBall facebook page for stats every once in a while. I know you can't trust stats in a league like this where there is hardly any defense, but I don't remember our guys putting up the same type of crazy numbers in this league the last few years.

Green hills for thy throne, and for crown a golden melody/Ringing in the hearts of all who bring thee love and loyalty/Dear Alma Mater, make our spirits great
    True and valiant like the bells of I-O-WA STATE!

And thank you Stumpy for this:

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,659
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 138
    Given: 14

Quote Originally Posted by sodakjoe View Post
    I've been watching the Men's BBall facebook page for stats every once in a while. I know you can't trust stats in a league like this where there is hardly any defense, but I don't remember our guys putting up the same type of crazy numbers in this league the last few years.
    Those kind of stats are pretty common, I think. But what I don't remember in years past is the Iowa State players being so dominating. Don't get me wrong, we usually have the best players, but maybe by not that margin. During Booker/Clyburn/Law's game last night, it was close and I kept thinking just give the ball to Booker or Clyburn.

And in the last couple of years, don't you remember everyone going nuts over Bubu and how good he looked? And he did look good. And the two games I've seen him in this year, he looked good. But he doesn't jump out at you any more. And that's not bashing Bubu at all. That just means (I think) that there are better players than him out there for us.

Another positive is that I think we have players trying to work on different parts of their game. It still isn't some great, fundamentally sound league or anything, but I think some players are trying to do some things that might not involve scoring 45 points a night or taking 18 threes. We all know that Royce is trying a few things and I would guess that Scott is maybe not shooting as many 3's as he could. And Allen, at least in an interview, said he was trying to do the little things.

Rookie
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 778
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 27

Quote Originally Posted by josh4isu View Post
    Melvin Ejim-- was very impressive. Did absolutely everything. Drove the lane and finished with contact, rebounded very well, got shots for his teammates, and even hit a few threes and had a nice dunk. His shot looks quite different than before when he held the ball almost under his chin when he shot.

Chris Allen------ Wow. I know it was just the CCL but he really got me jacked for the season. His shot is as smooth as it gets. He can jump. He found open teammates. And he didn't sit at all the entire game. His team only had 7 players there and at times it seemed like it was him and Rayvonte Rice vs. the whole other team. He put the team on his back and took them to a win. He will be a heck of a player this year for us.
    From watching highlight tapes, I also noticed Ejim has changed his shot. He shot it from his hip all last year I told my friends he had to work on a higher release if he was to improve. Cue CFH.

Combine those 2 about Allen. I guarded him at the rec and he has the highest release point on his shot I've ever seen. I'd like to think I'm a decent jumper and defender, but he had a good 2 feet of vertical clearance every time because he gets up so high so quickly. Didn't help I had to worry about a big time dunk if I let him get around me easily.

Pro
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 687
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 3

Can't imagine the other team running zone.

Have Fred send out a lineup of McGee/Allen/SC/Babb/Royce.