Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 35

In-state FB recruiting

So, coming out of the June camps, obviously things have changed. Anyone want to debate some rankings?

1. Amara Darboh, WR, WDM Dowling - Most people think that ND is the frontrunner, but Florida, Michigan and Nebraska are in the mix. IMO ISU and iowa fans are resigned to the notion of him going out of state.
    2. Barkley Hill, RB, CF - Offers from ISU and iowa keep him in this spot...barely.
    3. Charles Rogers, WR/DB, IC West - Minny offer makes him a solid 3rd. If he gets an MSU or iowa offer, he's moving up to 2nd.
    4T. Kane Seeley, LB, Perry - Best LB in the state? I'd say yes considering the ISU offer and the fact that Rhoads has been pretty good at scouting in-state LBs lately.
    4T. Michael Malloy, RB/ATH, SC Heelan - Iowa offer moves him into a tie for 4th. No idea why that kid isn't committing on the spot.
    6. James Harrington, WR, CF - A KSU offer isn't the same in this state as ISU or iowa. If one of those two were to offer, he'd jump into the top 3.
    7. Nate Shaw, LB, Bett - Has 1AA offers and supposedly iowa is high on him. I could see him ending up a preferred walk-on in IC.
    8. Tim Kilfoy, DB/LB, Davenport - Has a 1AA offer at least.
    9. Colin Bevins, DE, Creston - A pretty good wrestler who had a decent camp at ISU.
    10. Keevon Bernstine, DB, DM Lincoln - Is his family history keeping people away or is he just a little short for schools to offer this soon?

Last edited by Frak; 06-23-2011 at 02:59 PM.

Pro
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: In-state FB recruiting

Darboh goes to Dowling

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 18

Quote Originally Posted by Frak View Post
    So, coming out of the June camps, obviously things have changed. Anyone want to debate some rankings?

1. Amara Darboh, WR, WDM Valley - Most people think that ND is the frontrunner, but Florida, Michigan and Nebraska are in the mix. IMO ISU and iowa fans are resigned to the notion of him going out of state.
    2. Barkley Hill, RB, CF - Offers from ISU and iowa keep him in this spot...barely.
    3. Charles Rogers, WR/DB, IC West - Minny offer makes him a solid 3rd. If he gets an MSU or iowa offer, he's moving up to 2nd.
    4T. Kane Seeley, LB, Perry - Best LB in the state? I'd say yes considering the ISU offer and the fact that Rhoads has been pretty good at scouting in-state LBs lately.
    4T. Michael Malloy, RB/ATH, SC Heelan - Iowa offer moves him into a tie for 4th. No idea why that kid isn't committing on the spot.
    6. James Harrington, WR, CF - A KSU offer isn't the same in this state as ISU or iowa. If one of those two were to offer, he'd jump into the top 3.
    7. Nate Shaw, LB, Bett - Has 1AA offers and supposedly iowa is high on him. I could see him ending up a preferred walk-on in IC.
    9. Colin Bevins, DE, Creston - A pretty good wrestler who had a decent camp at ISU.
    10. Keevon Bernstine, DB, DM Lincoln - Is his family history keeping people away or is he just a little short for schools to offer this soon?
    Waiting for ISU offer? ND?

RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

Just Win Baby
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

1. Amara Darboh, WR, WDM Valley - Most people think that ND is the frontrunner, but Florida, Michigan and Nebraska are in the mix. IMO ISU and iowa fans are resigned to the notion of him going out of state.
    I wouldn't switch Rogers and Barkley due to offers. Barkley isn't going to get any more offers being an ISU commit where Rogers will since he is uncommitted.

I also like Bevins better than Shaw and Kilfoy. I think Bevins has a chance to be pretty good

Pro
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,202
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 65

Why not rate them on talent instead of who offers?

Recruit
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by djcubby View Post
    Why not rate them on talent instead of who offers?

I assume the OP has not seen them play. If thats true, then how can you rate them on ability. Having said that, I think he did a great job.

Addict
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 224
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Clones85' View Post
    I wouldn't switch Rogers and Barkley due to offers. Barkley isn't going to get any more offers being an ISU commit where Rogers will since he is uncommitted.

I also like Bevins better than Shaw and Kilfoy. I think Bevins has a chance to be pretty good
    Yeah, I also like Bevins. He just doesn't have any offers that I know of. Maybe because he was looking at wrestling instead of FB. I like Kilfoy too. Haven't seen film on Bernstine, Bevins or Seeley.

I personally am not sold on Harrington. If I were to rate who I'd want to go to ISU, I'd go:
    1. Darboh
    2. Hill
    3. Seeley (just because they've offered)
    4. Malloy
    5. Bevins
    6. Rogers
    7. Kilfoy
    8. Harrington
    9. Shaw
    10. Bernstine

Last edited by Frak; 06-23-2011 at 03:28 PM.

Rookie
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 251
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6

I personally don't get the Darboh love. I watched him play at state last year and left thinking he was a borderline DI recruit. He didn't show great speed on the field and didn't do much after the catch.

I'm guessing he tests out well and that has led to the offers. I will not be disappointed if he goes somewhere other than ISU.

Just Win Baby
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

Quote Originally Posted by D UP Clones View Post
    I personally don't get the Darboh love. I watched him play at state last year and left thinking he was a borderline DI recruit. He didn't show great speed on the field and didn't do much after the catch.

I'm guessing he tests out well and that has led to the offers. I will not be disappointed if he goes somewhere other than ISU.
    He is offered by Florida.

Pro
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,202
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 65

So you watched him play in one or two games and determined that he's not any good???

The coaches obviously think highly of him or they wouldn't have offered as soon as they did. Look, the bottom line is if the coaches want him, so do I. Call it blind faith, or whatever, but I trust the coaches ability to judge talent a lot more than anyone on this board.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by weR138 View Post
    Waiting for ISU offer? ND?
    Yeah, that could have been explained some. ISU didn't offer coming out of camp. Iowa did. I didn't mean it like "he should commit to iowa because there's no way he'll get any offer that's better than that". I meant that he only has one offer and ISU passed, so he better jump on that before iowa fills it with someone else. If Malloy waits until after the season, there's no way that iowa holds that spot for him. Same thing for Rogers with ISU...he better not expect that spot to be sitting for him in December, because it won't be. Players with 1-2 offers don't get to string things along until Signing Day.

Addict
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 122
    Given: 136

6 catches for 94 yards and the 2 guys behind him with rec yards in the game are preferred walkons at ISU and Notre Dame, and he had a sack in OT from DE spot on 2nd to last play and a QB hurry on last play of game...I think he did OK. Sure he's still a little raw but his potential is through the roof.

Yes, I was bored last night with nothing on TV and re-watched the game on the DVR.

Exaggeration is a BILLION times worse than understating.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by wartknight View Post
    6 catches for 94 yards and the 2 guys behind him with rec yards in the game are preferred walkons at ISU and Notre Dame, and he had a sack in OT from DE spot on 2nd to last play and a QB hurry on last play of game...I think he did OK. Sure he's still a little raw but his potential is through the roof.

Yes, I was bored last night with nothing on TV and re-watched the game on the DVR.
    Yeah, he was a monster at DE the last series of that game. Makes me wonder whether he might end up a better DE than WR...although he probably doesn't have the frame for it. Maybe a 3-4 OLB?

Addict
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 122
    Given: 136

Yeah, he was a monster at DE the last series of that game. Makes me wonder whether he might end up a better DE than WR...although he probably doesn't have the frame for it. Maybe a 3-4 OLB?
    I believe that's what ND was first interested in him as, but most schools are recruiting him right now just as a WR

Exaggeration is a BILLION times worse than understating.

Pro
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,512
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 68

I have played against Darboh 3 times. He is the best player in the state.