Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 22

Golf Boys - Oh Oh Oh

Good stuff here: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM2NocuEihw&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - ‪Golf Boys - Oh Oh Oh (Official Video)‬‏[/ame]

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 115
    Given: 343

Re: Golf Boys - Oh Oh Oh

Bubba Watson is hilarious. He is my pick to win the US Open.

All-Star
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,199
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 6

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonestate78 View Post
    Bubba Watson is hilarious. He is my pick to win the US Open.

Agreed. The whole thing was hilarious but Watson was the highlight.

I know he was too brash for a lot of the golf traditionalists when he started out, but I'd love to see him pick up a major. He's got a world of talent and is fun to watch. I don't know if he's steady enough to win based on the way they have to course set up. It sounds like the guys who will not do anything stupid and take their pars will be in good shape. All the experts are picking guys like Luke Donald or Stricker. We'll see soon enough.

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ca4cy View Post
    Agreed. The whole thing was hilarious but Watson was the highlight.

I know he was too brash for a lot of the golf traditionalists when he started out, but I'd love to see him pick up a major. He's got a world of talent and is fun to watch. I don't know if he's steady enough to win based on the way they have to course set up. It sounds like the guys who will not do anything stupid and take their pars will be in good shape. All the experts are picking guys like Luke Donald or Stricker. We'll see soon enough.
    Typical US Open. Birdies are elusive, pars are great, and bogeys aren't bad unless you make them in bunches. Probably going to be several players break par today but by Sunday some of these guys might be lucky to break 75. The USGA can be real bastards with course set up.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 128
    Given: 9

Luke Donald was built for a US Open. That said, he won't win here because this place will allow guys like Dustin Johnson to take advantage. I will take Rory. I just like him.

I actually thought Ricky Fowler was just as good as Bubba. They need to recruit Boo for this group though.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    Luke Donald was built for a US Open. That said, he won't win here because this place will allow guys like Dustin Johnson to take advantage. I will take Rory. I just like him.

I actually thought Ricky Fowler was just as good as Bubba. They need to recruit Boo for this group though.
    Boo doesn't have fun on the golf course.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgYxeoDnbik&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Boo Weekley doing the Bull Dance - Happy Gilmore‬‏[/ame]

Addict
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 22

Actually, Ben Crane had another YouTube video that was really funny. Doesn't seem like it on the course but he must be quite the character off.

Legend
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Typical US Open. Birdies are elusive, pars are great, and bogeys aren't bad unless you make them in bunches. Probably going to be several players break par today but by Sunday some of these guys might be lucky to break 75. The USGA can be real bastards with course set up.
    I was watching the golf channel last night and they were talking about how the 2018 US Open is going to Shinnecock. They showed some highlights of hole 7 where a guy was putting from about 20 ft and it rolled about 50 straight into the bunker. They couldn't control the course. Even had the grounds crew out there in between groups trying to water the green to soften it. They have been BRUTAL with their course setups in the past (although they did say they learned from that whole debacle.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 491
    Given: 262

That's awesome.......it's good to see some personality in an otherwise serious sport.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye11en1 View Post
    I was watching the golf channel last night and they were talking about how the 2018 US Open is going to Shinnecock. They showed some highlights of hole 7 where a guy was putting from about 20 ft and it rolled about 50 straight into the bunker. They couldn't control the course. Even had the grounds crew out there in between groups trying to water the green to soften it. They have been BRUTAL with their course setups in the past (although they did say they learned from that whole debacle.
    The US Open changed after that day. THey had toed the line for awhile and now it seems they have backed off. I really like what they are doing. They have made it harder tee to green, but kept the greens fair to award good shots and give opportunities to score. At the same time they have created collection areas so that a poor shot is penalized, sometimes severely and they have placed a premium on accuracy. I don't ever want to see the 04 championship again. It was fun to watch a guy lip out a 3 footer and it roll into a bunker. IMO, that's not a fair set up. Sure, it was the same for all players but at some point it becomes a circus. If it didn't happen there it was going to happen somewhere later on anyway.

Also interesting is the fact that I think SHinnecock was the one holding out on rescheduling. They felt the 5 million dollars wasn't enough for the damage done long term to that course. It was a disaster. It wasn't only the greens and playing areas but you have thousands of people walking all over the course for 7 days as well. It took a toll. I can assure you, in 2018, it will be a completely different championship.

Or so I have read.

Pro
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 2

to quote George Carlin:

Watching Golf is like watching flies ****.

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

The US Open changed after that day. THey had toed the line for awhile and now it seems they have backed off. I really like what they are doing. They have made it harder tee to green, but kept the greens fair to award good shots and give opportunities to score. At the same time they have created collection areas so that a poor shot is penalized, sometimes severely and they have placed a premium on accuracy. I don't ever want to see the 04 championship again. It was fun to watch a guy lip out a 3 footer and it roll into a bunker. IMO, that's not a fair set up. Sure, it was the same for all players but at some point it becomes a circus. If it didn't happen there it was going to happen somewhere later on anyway.

Also interesting is the fact that I think SHinnecock was the one holding out on rescheduling. They felt the 5 million dollars wasn't enough for the damage done long term to that course. It was a disaster. It wasn't only the greens and playing areas but you have thousands of people walking all over the course for 7 days as well. It took a toll. I can assure you, in 2018, it will be a completely different championship.
    John Daly had some choice words about the USGA and their US Open course set ups back in 1999...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5eLsUSys94]YouTube - ‪1999 US Open - John Daly gets ****** at Pinehurst #2 and makes an 11 - Final Round‬‏[/ame]

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

John Daly had some choice words about the USGA and their US Open course set ups back in 1999...

YouTube - ‪1999 US Open - John Daly gets ****** at Pinehurst #2 and makes an 11 - Final Round‬‏
    Yeah, I have always had a soft spot for JD, but he never "got" the US Open and how to play a US Open. That tournament is all about discipline and knowing when to cut your losses. If you want to go at a pin, great shots won't do. You have to hit perfect shots. He never got that. He just thought he could hit it to wherever. You may only have 120 yard to the pin but you might have to play it 15-20 feet away because if you miss it a foot right, you have what was shown in the clips. It's the ultimate test IMO. It tests everything. You can walk into Augusta hot and win that tournament. I don't know if I've seen a player go through a US Open without having a run of either poor luck or poor scoring. I think the reason I enjoy this tournament is people that win it may not be the longest hitter and they might not be able to make a lot of birdies. It's about missing in the right spot and being able to get over the negatives.

Or so I have read.

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Yeah, I have always had a soft spot for JD, but he never "got" the US Open and how to play a US Open. That tournament is all about discipline and knowing when to cut your losses. If you want to go at a pin, great shots won't do. You have to hit perfect shots. He never got that. He just thought he could hit it to wherever. You may only have 120 yard to the pin but you might have to play it 15-20 feet away because if you miss it a foot right, you have what was shown in the clips. It's the ultimate test IMO. It tests everything. You can walk into Augusta hot and win that tournament. I don't know if I've seen a player go through a US Open without having a run of either poor luck or poor scoring. I think the reason I enjoy this tournament is people that win it may not be the longest hitter and they might not be able to make a lot of birdies. It's about missing in the right spot and being able to get over the negatives.
    Exactly. The US Open more then anything is about finding the guy who can not only hit all of the shots but excels at thinking his way around the course. Knowing when to take your foot off of the gas and play it safe is probably the biggest key to winning a US Open. Plenty of great players have failed in an epic fashion at the US Open because they couldn't change their mindset of firing at every single pin, being aggressive on every single putt, etc... Sometimes instead of trying to make a 15 foot birdie putt you are better off just lagging it to the whole for a 2 putt, take your par, and get out of there.

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

US Open gets the best of Mickelson here...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbo6eYAiMiU]YouTube - ‪Phil Mickelson 13th Hole US Open Disaster - Golf‬‏[/ame]