Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 58

Thread: NBC - The Voice

  1. #1
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 16,481, Level: 39
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Colossus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    239
    Points
    16,481
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    NBC - The Voice

    Anybody else watching this? It's garbage / mindless TV, but this household is hooked.



  2. #2
    Walk On
    Points: 7,218, Level: 25
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 332
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bettendorf, IA
    Posts
    154
    Points
    7,218
    Level
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: NBC - The Voice

    Quote Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
    Anybody else watching this? It's garbage / mindless TV, but this household is hooked.
    Unfortunately with the Twins game rained out tonight I gave the fiance control of the TV, and this is what she chose. I however, have been more preoccupied with CF and haven't really been paying attention to The Voice.

    P.S. Love the Lakemaid Beer pic!



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 91,423, Level: 94
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,727
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    xboxfever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,777
    Points
    91,423
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 69

    Re: NBC - The Voice

    On a serious note, I just tuned in tonight and it has not been good other than Cee Lo green and his afro.



  4. #4
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 16,481, Level: 39
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Colossus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    239
    Points
    16,481
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: NBC - The Voice

    Quote Originally Posted by xboxfever View Post
    On a serious note, I just tuned in tonight and it has not been good other than Cee Lo green and his afro.
    To be honest, part of the reason I go along with this show is Christina's cleveage. There's a little more each week.



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 352,814, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    18,493
    Points
    352,814
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 128
    Given: 9

    Re: NBC - The Voice

    That Vicci girl is pretty damn good.


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 401,305, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    20,860
    Points
    401,305
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 137
    Given: 47

    Re: NBC - The Voice

    I havent seen tonight's yet, but overall its been a pretty good show so far. I'd change a few things though:

    -During the battle rounds, id give the opportunity to save one person per week to the at home audience. Would give some opportunities for some that got either put in really tough matchups early, or flat out got hosed in the song selection by their coach. Blake was particularly bad at song selection during these rounds.
    -During the first live rounds (this week and last) instead of letting go of 2 of each team, id eliminate the lowest 4, regardless of team. If that means all 4 are from one of the coaches, so be it. The coaches have had 2 rounds to get their best 4, let things fall where they do.
    - In the auditions, Blake really sucked. He let go of some great talent that was perfect for him because they sang his or his wife's songs.

    Other than those, i've really liked the show.



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 19,217, Level: 42
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 633
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,176
    Points
    19,217
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 10

    Re: NBC - The Voice

    Javier has got it wrapped up... He seems head and shoulders above the rest in my opinion


    Originally posted by dosry5
    Schfinkter is smarter than he looks....

  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 352,814, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    18,493
    Points
    352,814
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 128
    Given: 9

    Re: NBC - The Voice

    Quote Originally Posted by alarson View Post
    I havent seen tonight's yet, but overall its been a pretty good show so far. I'd change a few things though:

    -During the battle rounds, id give the opportunity to save one person per week to the at home audience. Would give some opportunities for some that got either put in really tough matchups early, or flat out got hosed in the song selection by their coach. Blake was particularly bad at song selection during these rounds.
    -During the first live rounds (this week and last) instead of letting go of 2 of each team, id eliminate the lowest 4, regardless of team. If that means all 4 are from one of the coaches, so be it. The coaches have had 2 rounds to get their best 4, let things fall where they do.
    - In the auditions, Blake really sucked. He let go of some great talent that was perfect for him because they sang his or his wife's songs.

    Other than those, i've really liked the show.
    I agree with that. The show does have to keep a schedule though. Cee lo picking the Thompson twins was a big mess up. I think there are essentially 4 people who have a shot: Beverly, Vicci, Javier and Jeff.


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 352,814, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    18,493
    Points
    352,814
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 128
    Given: 9

    Re: NBC - The Voice

    Quote Originally Posted by Schfinkter View Post
    Javier has got it wrapped up... He seems head and shoulders above the rest in my opinion
    He's very very good and he's going to get a lot of votes but I wouldn't count out Jeff Jenkins or Vicci. I think both of them are very versatile and Javier hasn't shown that yet.


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 401,305, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    20,860
    Points
    401,305
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 137
    Given: 47

    Re: NBC - The Voice

    Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    I agree with that. The show does have to keep a schedule though. Cee lo picking the Thompson twins was a big mess up. I think there are essentially 4 people who have a shot: Beverly, Vicci, Javier and Jeff.
    Yeah. Youve gotta have a schedule, yes.. what you could do is just have those that are saved by the home vote join up as a new 'team' with a new artist, so you come into the live shows with 5 teams of 4.

    And yeah, picking the thompson sisters was a horrible choice. It was like.. 'youre better... but you two are so cute'.. You do realize youre on a show called 'The Voice', right Cee Lo?


    Last edited by alarson; 06-14-2011 at 10:16 PM.

  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 67,581, Level: 80
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 469
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    3,217
    Points
    67,581
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 1

    Re: NBC - The Voice

    Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    I agree with that. The show does have to keep a schedule though. Cee lo picking the Thompson twins was a big mess up. I think there are essentially 4 people who have a shot: Beverly, Vicci, Javier and Jeff.
    I totally agree. I told my wife that same thing about picking the Thompson sisters. Blake went with the long shot with his. The safe pick was Patrick but he went with Xenia which is a long shot. She does have something that none of the other singers have which is a very unique voice.



  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 17,285, Level: 40
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 765
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,279
    Points
    17,285
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: NBC - The Voice

    Quote Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
    Anybody else watching this? It's garbage / mindless TV, but this household is hooked.

    I don't want to read any of the responses, because I haven't watched the latest episode yet, but I thought last week's episode, where the "coaches" performed sucked. I thought Cee Lo Green was awful in "We Will Rock You" and I thought Aguillera tried and failed miserably to upstage all the other singers on her team in the Lady Marmelade song. She was squawking like a busted speaker with all her trips up and down the scale, doing exactly what some of the coaches have told their singers NOT to do. Pick a note and stick with it. I hate all that fancy Aaron Nevil-esque warbling.



  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 401,305, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    20,860
    Points
    401,305
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 137
    Given: 47

    Re: NBC - The Voice

    Quote Originally Posted by bosco View Post
    I totally agree. I told my wife that same thing about picking the Thompson sisters. Blake went with the long shot with his. The safe pick was Patrick but he went with Xenia which is a long shot. She does have something that none of the other singers have which is a very unique voice.
    Even if Xenia doesnt win, with that voice of hers i could see her having success after the show. Its very unique.



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 67,581, Level: 80
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 469
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    3,217
    Points
    67,581
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 1

    Re: NBC - The Voice

    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolarcy View Post
    I don't want to read any of the responses, because I haven't watched the latest episode yet, but I thought last week's episode, where the "coaches" performed sucked. I thought Cee Lo Green was awful in "We Will Rock You" and I thought Aguillera tried and failed miserably to upstage all the other singers on her team in the Lady Marmelade song. She was squawking like a busted speaker with all her trips up and down the scale, doing exactly what some of the coaches have told their singers NOT to do. Pick a note and stick with it. I hate all that fancy Aaron Nevil-esque warbling.
    You might like CLG's performance this week, or at least get a good laugh.



  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 401,305, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    20,860
    Points
    401,305
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 137
    Given: 47

    Re: NBC - The Voice

    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolarcy View Post
    I don't want to read any of the responses, because I haven't watched the latest episode yet, but I thought last week's episode, where the "coaches" performed sucked. I thought Cee Lo Green was awful in "We Will Rock You" and I thought Aguillera tried and failed miserably to upstage all the other singers on her team in the Lady Marmelade song. She was squawking like a busted speaker with all her trips up and down the scale, doing exactly what some of the coaches have told their singers NOT to do. Pick a note and stick with it. I hate all that fancy Aaron Nevil-esque warbling.
    Just her reliving the early 2000s when she actually had her own music career i guess.

    Not everything was bad last week though. Adam's rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody was pretty damn good.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM