Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 83,725, Level: 89
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    cstrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Longview, TX
    Posts
    8,052
    Points
    83,725
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 0

    Longest Presentation You've Given...

    Boy that 30 minute senior design group project presentation I gave in college doesn't seem so bad in hindsight after my 4.5 hour solo breakout presentation at work today.

    Beer me.



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 380,795, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    55,552
    Points
    380,795
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 144
    Given: 113

    Re: Longest Presentation You've Given...



    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 310,022, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    CyCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In a Bunker
    Posts
    14,346
    Points
    310,022
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 8

    Re: Longest Presentation You've Given...

    Yep you deserve a beer. Sounds brutal, I think my longest one was probably 10 mins or so.



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 45,452, Level: 65
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    MeanDean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Clarence IA-Jensen Bch FL
    Posts
    2,435
    Points
    45,452
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 100

    Re: Longest Presentation You've Given...

    Quote Originally Posted by CyCrazy View Post
    Yep you deserve a beer. Sounds brutal, I think my longest one was probably 10 mins or so.
    Probably about 3 hours. Real Property Installation Master Plan briefing with the list of all future projects projected (subject to funding, of course). My part should have been about 50 minutes but since it was to a lot of the big shots they all have to ask questions and pontificate on what it all means. My boss usually got these back under control eventually, but he also liked to pontificate so not always.

    I was always SUPER relieved when it was over each time, so I know how you feel...

    Last one was last November. My retirement presentation. Basically my chance to roast my co-workers and directors so it was a lot of fun. Of course I roasted myself to an even greater extent, so it was a lot of fun for everyone (at least that was the feedback I got).


    No matter what, I could NEVER cheer for Dirt and Urine.

  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 58,232, Level: 74
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 318
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyched's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    2,400
    Points
    58,232
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 14

    Re: Longest Presentation You've Given...

    10 minute presentation in English 250 last year is my longest so far. That will probably change after these next two years



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 83,725, Level: 89
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    cstrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Longview, TX
    Posts
    8,052
    Points
    83,725
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 0

    Re: Longest Presentation You've Given...

    Quote Originally Posted by MeanDean View Post
    Probably about 3 hours. Real Property Installation Master Plan briefing with the list of all future projects projected (subject to funding, of course). My part should have been about 50 minutes but since it was to a lot of the big shots they all have to ask questions and pontificate on what it all means. My boss usually got these back under control eventually, but he also liked to pontificate so not always.

    I was always SUPER relieved when it was over each time, so I know how you feel...

    Last one was last November. My retirement presentation. Basically my chance to roast my co-workers and directors so it was a lot of fun. Of course I roasted myself to an even greater extent, so it was a lot of fun for everyone (at least that was the feedback I got).
    Yup, my presentation was probably extended 1.5 hours because they were asking questions and roasting me. LOL



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 45,452, Level: 65
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    MeanDean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Clarence IA-Jensen Bch FL
    Posts
    2,435
    Points
    45,452
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 100

    Re: Longest Presentation You've Given...

    Quote Originally Posted by cstrunk View Post
    Yup, my presentation was probably extended 1.5 hours because they were asking questions and roasting me. LOL
    It always made me feel like the "no such thing as a stupid question" saying was lame. And it was usually the same one or two people who continuously ask dumb questions.

    Kind of like in college classes, actually...


    No matter what, I could NEVER cheer for Dirt and Urine.

  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 56,895, Level: 73
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 155
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    kilgore_trout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    2,043
    Points
    56,895
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 227

    Re: Longest Presentation You've Given...

    ... only stupid people!

    Quote Originally Posted by MeanDean View Post
    It always made me feel like the "no such thing as a stupid question" saying was lame. And it was usually the same one or two people who continuously ask dumb questions.

    Kind of like in college classes, actually...


    I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all.

  9. #9
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 580,861, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,039
    Points
    580,861
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 314
    Given: 20

    Re: Longest Presentation You've Given...

    At my old job I had to do presentations/demonstrations for medical residents at different universities. Those could drag into the 4-5 hour range depending on Q&A.


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 98,842, Level: 97
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 208
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CyForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cornlands of Ayuxwa
    Posts
    5,320
    Points
    98,842
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Longest Presentation You've Given...

    My thesis defense for my Masters. 2.5 hours.



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 50,218, Level: 69
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 932
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,173
    Points
    50,218
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Longest Presentation You've Given...

    Quote Originally Posted by cstrunk View Post
    Boy that 30 minute senior design group project presentation I gave in college doesn't seem so bad in hindsight after my 4.5 hour solo breakout presentation at work today.

    Beer me.
    Congrats, gotta feel good to have that under your belt.

    I've done 6-7 hour presentation/workshops, basically an all day deal, 9-12 and then 1-4:30ish. Web content/architecture/creative strategy stuff.

    I've worked concrete, roofing, and other hard labor kind of jobs and I swear I'm just as wiped after an all-day presentation/workshop as any of that stuff.



  12. #12
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 580,861, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,039
    Points
    580,861
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 314
    Given: 20

    Re: Longest Presentation You've Given...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Congrats, gotta feel good to have that under your belt.

    I've done 6-7 hour presentation/workshops, basically an all day deal, 9-12 and then 1-4:30ish. Web content/architecture/creative strategy stuff.

    I've worked concrete, roofing, and other hard labor kind of jobs and I swear I'm just as wiped after an all-day presentation/workshop as any of that stuff.
    I know what you mean. It's terrible on your voice, too. Especially if you are in a room slightly too big for your normal speaking voice. Maybe it's only me, but if I have to increase my volume, by even a little bit, for an extended amount of time, it will just wreck my throat. I have to make sure I drink a lot of water while talking.


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  13. #13
    Legend
    Points: 260,858, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    11,173
    Points
    260,858
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Longest Presentation You've Given...

    Quote Originally Posted by MeanDean View Post
    It always made me feel like the "no such thing as a stupid question" saying was lame. And it was usually the same one or two people who continuously ask dumb questions.

    Kind of like in college classes, actually...
    I have a dumb question. What the hell does pontificate mean?



  14. #14
    Starter
    Points: 18,043, Level: 40
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CONEClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    798
    Points
    18,043
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Longest Presentation You've Given...

    I hosted an overnight retreat while I was at ISU, does that count as a 24 hour long presentation?

    In all honesty, I personally find the presentations where they limit your time more difficult. For my senior design class we needed to present our proposal for an actual RFP released by the army, but were only given 20-30 minutes. I could have easily presented on that for 4 hours!



  15. #15
    Starter
    Points: 15,914, Level: 38
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 536
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    cyclone1975's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    878
    Points
    15,914
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 29

    Re: Longest Presentation You've Given...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Janny View Post
    I know what you mean. It's terrible on your voice, too. Especially if you are in a room slightly too big for your normal speaking voice. Maybe it's only me, but if I have to increase my volume, by even a little bit, for an extended amount of time, it will just wreck my throat. I have to make sure I drink a lot of water while talking.
    I agree 100%. I teach for a living and the absolute worst is a night class and then 8am class the next morning.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM