Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 3

Iowa High School Girls Soccer State Tourney

The tournament just concluded on Saturday. They broadcasted the three championship games live. Ankeny, Cedar Rapids Xavier, and Davenport Assumption were awarded the crowns. Anybody catch the games?

I've heard a lot of comments around about the announcers for the live broadcast. Just wondering if anyone else happened to watch.

On a side note, Alyssa Williamson of Ankeny will be a Cyclone. She was named all-tournament team captain.

http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/...y-captain.html

"I honestly believe we're doing it in a great, great way, and I hope our fans who are Iowa State fans go to work proudly, not just because of how we win and lose games or how many games we do win, but how we do it." - Bill Fennelly

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 104
    Given: 0

Re: Iowa High School Girls Soccer State Tourney

Quote Originally Posted by simville02 View Post
    I've heard a lot of comments around about the announcers for the live broadcast. Just wondering if anyone else happened to watch.
    Watched part of Xavier/Waukee while waiting for something else to come on.

They showed the announcers once, that I can recall, and one of them was wearing a windbreaker with a tigerhawk on it. Really professional, slick. (And for the record, yes I would be as upset if one had been wearing ISU gear. In that position, you either wear NO logo or the logo of the network.)

Rookie
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    Watched part of Xavier/Waukee while waiting for something else to come on.

They showed the announcers once, that I can recall, and one of them was wearing a windbreaker with a tigerhawk on it. Really professional, slick. (And for the record, yes I would be as upset if one had been wearing ISU gear. In that position, you either wear NO logo or the logo of the network.)
    I saw that as well. A very interesting wardrobe choice, especially considering Iowa City West was playing in the 3A championship game...

I heard someone say that they "have been very I-380 oriented all day." -- a nice way of putting it I suppose.

Overall, I was disappointed with the broadcast. Although I was grateful for the actual opportunity to watch it live from Muscatine, there are many ways it could have ran a little smoother.

They didn't need to have a zoomed in shot as soon as the ball went into the 18. It focused on the player with the ball, but as soon as they took a shot or passed, you lost what was going on. It was really hard to follow. I also thought it was rather ridiculous that they would show the two announcers while the play was going on.

Overall, glad I was able to watch, but at times it was still very difficult.

"I honestly believe we're doing it in a great, great way, and I hope our fans who are Iowa State fans go to work proudly, not just because of how we win and lose games or how many games we do win, but how we do it." - Bill Fennelly

All-Star
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 837
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 25

Quote Originally Posted by simville02 View Post
    I saw that as well. A very interesting wardrobe choice, especially considering Iowa City West was playing in the 3A championship game...

I heard someone say that they "have been very I-380 oriented all day." -- a nice way of putting it I suppose.

Overall, I was disappointed with the broadcast. Although I was grateful for the actual opportunity to watch it live from Muscatine, there are many ways it could have ran a little smoother.

They didn't need to have a zoomed in shot as soon as the ball went into the 18. It focused on the player with the ball, but as soon as they took a shot or passed, you lost what was going on. It was really hard to follow. I also thought it was rather ridiculous that they would show the two announcers while the play was going on.

Overall, glad I was able to watch, but at times it was still very difficult.
    IC West are the Women of Troy, City High is the Little Hawks, so if anything it would have been a slam to IC West.

Rookie
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Three4Cy View Post
    IC West are the Women of Troy, City High is the Little Hawks, so if anything it would have been a slam to IC West.

It was the Univ. of Iowa tigerhawk. If I had to guess, he would go for the Iowa City team over Ankeny.