Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 122
    Given: 124

Eric Voelker out as Wrestling Asst

Being reported that Eric Voelker has resigned as Asst Wrestling Coach on Cyclone Report forum. Don't know if true or not.

Eric is a great Cyclone and thank you for your contribution to the team. (If true)

Pro
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,272
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 4

Re: Eric Voelker out as Wrestling Asst

Quote Originally Posted by buf87 View Post
    Being reported that Eric Voelker has resigned as Asst Wrestling Coach on Cyclone Report forum. Don't know if true or not.

Eric is a great Cyclone and thank you for your contribution to the team. (If true)
    What happened here? It seemed like he was only on staff for less than a year. Was he not up to snuff or what?

Pro
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,087
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 122
    Given: 124

Quote Originally Posted by brett108 View Post
    What happened here? It seemed like he was only on staff for less than a year. Was he not up to snuff or what?
    I'm not sure. I assume this is true, but nothing official. I didn't think this was a long term deal for EV; but thought it was longer than a year. I'm hoping one of the Paulson's get the job. Some talk about trying to get Backes from Iowa. All rumors and speculation.

Walk On
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 383
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I'm not sure. I assume this is true, but nothing official. I didn't think this was a long term deal for EV; but thought it was longer than a year. I'm hoping one of the Paulson's get the job. Some talk about trying to get Backes from Iowa. All rumors and speculation.

Does anyone have any new information on Coach Voelker? We need coaches in the bigger weights to help wrestle and teach the guys. Coach Voelker is awesome hope this isn't true.

Prospect
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I would NOT read much into this. I don't know why or how things happen but I do know that he had great relationships w/ the wrestlers and KJ and Yero. I also know he loved what he did and LOVES the Cyclones as much as anyone can.
    The guy had a really tough year. He lost his father during the season and his daughter was in a serious car accident the same week.

While I don't know for certain, I would guess he simply has re-prioritized what is important to him in his life. He is a man of incredible conviction and I would assume his life moving forward will reflect that.

EV will be fine and ISU wrestling will also be fine. In fact, I would say that both are on the upswing.

Go Cyclones

All-Star
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 516
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 14

While I don't know for certain, I would guess he simply has re-prioritized what is important to him in his life. He is a man of incredible conviction and I would assume his life moving forward will reflect that.

I would guess this is the reason. He was my daughters home room teacher and he is a powerful individual. I hope he is able to get back with DCG my guess is that he did based on the timing of the resignation? I hope for the best for his family and himself.