ISU and Nebraska volleyball lives on
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Walk On
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    125
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    ISU and Nebraska volleyball lives on

    NU-ISU volleyball lives on | sports.omaha.com

    ISU will visit Lincoln at the Devaney Center on Sept. 17. The Huskers will travel to Ames in 2012, with intentions to keep the series alternating between the two sites in following years.



  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 213,037, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    10,903
    Points
    213,037
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 636
    Given: 428

    Re: ISU and Nebraska volleyball lives on

    That's good to see.



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 42,407, Level: 63
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsYour first Group

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    2,252
    Points
    42,407
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 71
    Given: 56

    Re: ISU and Nebraska volleyball lives on

    Good news for the volleyball program. They have had huge attendance the past couple years when Nebraska comes to town.



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 42,679, Level: 63
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 271
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    3,371
    Points
    42,679
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 35

    Re: ISU and Nebraska volleyball lives on

    Nebraska is also a good recruiting ground for ISU.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 155,076, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    weR138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,680
    Points
    155,076
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 185
    Given: 57

    Re: ISU and Nebraska volleyball lives on

    Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    That's good to see.
    I disagree. I can't think of a good reason to allow LCC to profit from ISU athletics in any way, shape or form.

    LCC's athletic dept. set into motion a chain of events which could have cost ISU millions of dollars. They should not be rewarded for that. I am an ISU alumnus and I would prefer that ISU end any and all association with LCC athletics.


    RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 424,553, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    21,818
    Points
    424,553
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 894
    Given: 427

    Re: ISU and Nebraska volleyball lives on

    Quote Originally Posted by weR138 View Post
    I disagree. I can't think of a good reason to allow LCC to profit from ISU athletics in any way, shape or form.

    LCC's athletic dept. set into motion a chain of events which could have cost ISU millions of dollars. They should not be rewarded for that. I am an ISU alumnus and I would prefer that ISU end any and all association with LCC athletics.
    We profit from it too. Itll be very well attended.



  7. #7
    Legend
    Points: 213,037, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    10,903
    Points
    213,037
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 636
    Given: 428

    Re: ISU and Nebraska volleyball lives on

    Quote Originally Posted by weR138 View Post
    I disagree. I can't think of a good reason to allow LCC to profit from ISU athletics in any way, shape or form.

    LCC's athletic dept. set into motion a chain of events which could have cost ISU millions of dollars. They should not be rewarded for that. I am an ISU alumnus and I would prefer that ISU end any and all association with LCC athletics.
    I'm guessing LCC is the EIU equivalent for Nebraska now?

    This game benefits the ISU program just as much as it possibly benefits Nebraska, maybe more. It would be stupid to put a grudge with the Husker AD and administration above something of value to one of our programs.



  8. #8
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 67,958, Level: 80
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    d4nim4l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    4,793
    Points
    67,958
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 6

    Re: ISU and Nebraska volleyball lives on

    Quote Originally Posted by weR138 View Post
    I disagree. I can't think of a good reason to allow LCC to profit from ISU athletics in any way, shape or form.

    LCC's athletic dept. set into motion a chain of events which could have cost ISU millions of dollars. They should not be rewarded for that. I am an ISU alumnus and I would prefer that ISU end any and all association with LCC athletics.
    Could have cost us millions of dollars but in the end likely gained us millions of dollars.

    Nebraska was the school that let their "prestige" get in the way of common sense and hold the Big XII back. Good riddance to the program but glad we are keeping the volleyball series going for the recruiting ties.



    Wide Right & Natty Lite - Loyal Sons, Forever True. With beer!

  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 155,076, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    weR138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,680
    Points
    155,076
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 185
    Given: 57

    Re: ISU and Nebraska volleyball lives on

    Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    I'm guessing LCC is the EIU equivalent for Nebraska now?

    This game benefits the ISU program just as much as it possibly benefits Nebraska, maybe more. It would be stupid to put a grudge with the Husker AD and administration above something of value to one of our programs.
    So a "university" that gets kicked out of the AAU is more than a glorified football centric community college? News to me.


    RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

  10. #10
    Legend
    Points: 213,037, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    10,903
    Points
    213,037
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 636
    Given: 428

    Re: ISU and Nebraska volleyball lives on

    Quote Originally Posted by weR138 View Post
    So a "university" that gets kicked out of the AAU is more than a glorified football centric community college? News to me.
    First off, you realize that there are lots of universities that aren't part of the AAU, right? It's just the Big Ten that previously had all their members also be members of the AAU.

    Second, that has nothing to do with my point that thinking ISU should stop having a volleyball series with Nebraska is a pretty damn stupid opinion.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 155,076, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    weR138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,680
    Points
    155,076
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 185
    Given: 57

    Re: ISU and Nebraska volleyball lives on

    Quote Originally Posted by d4nim4l View Post
    Could have cost us millions of dollars but in the end likely gained us millions of dollars.

    Nebraska was the school that let their "prestige" get in the way of common sense and hold the Big XII back. Good riddance to the program but glad we are keeping the volleyball series going for the recruiting ties.
    We have to play volleyball in Lincoln to recruit the state of Nebraska?

    It must be a lot different than football because we recruit kids from CA and FL w/o playing there.


    RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 155,076, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    weR138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,680
    Points
    155,076
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 185
    Given: 57

    Re: ISU and Nebraska volleyball lives on

    Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    First off, you realize that there are lots of universities that aren't part of the AAU, right? It's just the Big Ten that previously had all their members also be members of the AAU.

    Second, that has nothing to do with my point that thinking ISU should stop having a volleyball series with Nebraska is a pretty damn stupid opinion.
    You brought it up, you know NONE have ever been kicked out, right?

    We don't need a series with LCC to survive, do we?


    RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 424,553, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    21,818
    Points
    424,553
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 894
    Given: 427

    Re: ISU and Nebraska volleyball lives on

    Quote Originally Posted by weR138 View Post
    You brought it up, you know NONE have ever been kicked out, right?

    We don't need a series with LCC to survive, do we?
    As i recall, part of why they were kicked out is because their ag strengths werent factored in. Similar reason to why we are near the bottom of the standings.

    Its funny that nebraska got kicked out, sure. But i dont believe we were that much above them.



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 155,076, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    weR138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,680
    Points
    155,076
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 185
    Given: 57

    Re: ISU and Nebraska volleyball lives on

    Quote Originally Posted by alarson View Post
    As i recall, part of why they were kicked out is because their ag strengths werent factored in. Similar reason to why we are near the bottom of the standings.

    Its funny that nebraska got kicked out, sure. But i dont believe we were that much above them.
    The OP isn't about LCC academics and I didn't make it about academics. I have a low opinion of their AD and I don't see a compelling reason to associate with them. At all.


    RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

  15. #15
    Legend
    Points: 213,037, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    10,903
    Points
    213,037
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 636
    Given: 428

    Re: ISU and Nebraska volleyball lives on

    Quote Originally Posted by weR138 View Post
    The OP isn't about LCC academics and I didn't make it about academics. I have a low opinion of their AD and I don't see a compelling reason to associate with them. At all.
    I just wanted to know what "LCC" was because I hadn't seen it used before. You're explanation made it seem like you thought it was something more than an embarassing story for the university.

    Do we need the Nebraska game for volleyball to survive? Probably not. That absolutely does not mean that it makes a lick of sense to ignore all the benefits in terms of money, exposure, recruiting, etc. we get from the game in favor of a stupid grudge against them.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM