Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 6

My Season Predictions

Every year I buy the magazines when they come out and I go through every teams schedule and pick wins and losses. Then, I come up with my top 25 and bowl match-ups because I use my time at work wisely. I have every win and loss picked, but Im still working on bowl match-ups and a top 25. Anyways, I figured I would put my predictions for ISU and see what people on CF think.

Sep 3 (UNI). ISU - 20 UNI - 7. I think our offense will struggle in our first game with a new QB. The score seems close, but UNI never threatens to win.

Sep 10 (Iowa). ISU - 21 Iowa - 27. This game is much closer than it has been the past couple of years, but I think Iowa's running game will be too much. Our offense will play good, but not good enough.

Sep 16 (@ UCONN). ISU - 28 UCONN - 20. Our offense looks good for our first road test, and we come up with a big win.

Oct 1 (Texas). ISU - 17 Texas - 31. Texas remembers what happened last year, so they wont take us for granted. We keep it close in the first half, but the talent gap is too much and Texas pulls away in the second half.

Oct 8 (@ Baylor). ISU - 35 Baylor - 31. Not much defense in this game. It will be a shootout, but Griffin and the Bears fall short at home.

Oct 15 (@ Mizzou). ISU - 14 Mizzou - 28. Offense struggles against the Mizzou D and never threatens enough to give ISU a chance.

Oct 22 (Texas A&M) ISU - 17 Texas A&M - 35. Tannehill and the Aggies are too much for us to handle.

Oct 29 (@ Texas Tech) ISU - 38 Texas Tech - 31. ISU ends a two game losing streak and wins a shootout in Lubbock.

Nov 5 (Kansas) ISU - 35 Kansas - 13. ISU strikes early and this one is never close. ISU helps Turners seat get even warmer.

Nov 12 (@ Oklahoma) ISU - 14 Oklahoma - 42. Another blowout to the Sooners on the road.

Nov 18 (Okie St) ISU - 24 Okie St - 35. ISU comes out fired up, but the Cowboys offense is too much.

Nov 26 (@ K-State) ISU - 31 K State - 21. ISU needs this one to be bowl eligible, and they get revenge on KSU for what has happened the past couple of years.

Final record. 6-6, 4-5 in the big 12.

Bowl bid: Meineke Car Care bowl in Houston on New Years Eve against Northwestern.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,140
    Given: 221

Re: My Season Predictions

Pretty good assessment...the only one I would try and argue is Baylor. They have a definite edge at QB and are playing at home. If we get into a shootout with them, I wouldn't be optimistic.

All-Star
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 973
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Yeah, thats a good point. I guess the optimist in me thinks we will come away with a W in Waco

Pro
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 24

I say 10-2 and shock the world !

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by bostrem00 View Post
    I like the way you think

Rookie
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 443
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

I agree with chuckd4735 that the Baylor game is going to be tough to win. As is the Texas Tech game. TT isn't as good as Baylor but road wins in the BigXII aren't easy anywhere. That said, I think we will split the OSU/A&M games. We will need to if we think we are going bowling.

Follow me on Twitter: @spostma3 ( http://twitter.com/#!/spostma3 )

Read my Blog: http://average-steve.blogspot.com/

Pro
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 848
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 11

I dont know why, but I have a really good feeling about the Iowa game this year. I really think we finally get them.
    Hope I didnt just jinx us!

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion man"

Legend
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 184
    Given: 806

I am amazed at people who think that wer have no chance of beating Iowa...

Also, those that seem ready to roll over and get right back into the rut of losing to Texas again. Good grief--it was the same "talent gap" last year--and both of these games are in Ames, for cryin' out loud!

Part of this fanbase is like the parable of the blind men and the elephant.

Who knew?

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Aclone View Post
    I am amazed at people who think that wer have no chance of beating Iowa...

Also, those that seem ready to roll over and get right back into the rut of losing to Texas again. Good grief--it was the same "talent gap" last year--and both of these games are in Ames, for cryin' out loud!
    Didnt realize me predicting a 6 point loss was the same as saying we have no chance

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 431
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I think we can analyze or schedule all we want but it means absolutely nothing. At this point last year, who has us winning at Texas but losing to Kansas State? Probably nobody. We will likely steal a game or two, and probably lose one that looks more winnable right now.

Addict
    Overall activity: 97.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,217
    Given: 336

Quote Originally Posted by bostrem00 View Post
    13-0....

Prospect
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up

I know I am a Hawk fan, but my dad and my clone friends all have me intrigued by this upcoming season. Here are my predictions. These are based on if one (jantz) lives up to the hype and two (improved defense). At this point I think sir Paul has everything established and clicking in Ames. I think 7-5 with Iowa and Texas as toss ups. I will just add a bowl victory for good measure. 8-5 sounds about right to me.

Date Opponent* Result Record
    Sept. 3, 2011 Northern Iowa Win: 27-10
    Sept. 10, 2011 Iowa Loss: 24-17 all homer pick right here
    Sept. 16, 2011 at Connecticut Win: 20-10 To much transition and big losses on O and D
    Oct. 1, 2011 Texas Loss: 27-20 I think Texas will overlook you guys again. Personally I think this game is very winnable.
    Oct. 8, 2011 at Baylor Win: 20-17 I think it comes down to coaching and ISU can and will win in that department.
    Oct. 15, 2011 at Missouri Win: 23-20 Every year you guys win a game that nobody thought you would. 09- Nebby 10- Texas 11- hopefully mizzou.
    Oct. 22, 2011 Texas A&M Loss: 27-10 I think A&M will have a big year.
    Oct. 29, 2011 at Texas Tech Win: 35-24 I think Tech will have another down year. Leach will continue to be missed.
    Nov. 5, 2011 Kansas Win: 42-17 Kansas is garbage
    Nov. 18, 2011 OK State Loss: 35-27 Not really much to base this on besides the dangerous O.
    Nov. 26, 2011 at Oklahoma Loss: 42-17 Stoops has tons of momentum, and it is also in Norman.
    Dec. 3, 2011 at Kansas State Win: 35-20 I do not buy this team at all. They do not play smart disciplined football and without Thomas they will not be as good. I know Brown is coming in, but he has proved nothing.

Last edited by hawkeye1984; 06-03-2011 at 06:20 PM.

All-Star
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 326
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 4

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye1984 View Post
    I know I am a Hawk fan, but my dad and my clone friends all have me intrigued by this upcoming season. Here are my predictions. These are based on if one (jantz) lives up to the hype and two (improved defense). At this point I think sir Paul has everything established and clicking in Ames. I think 7-5 with Iowa and Texas as toss ups. I will just add a bowl victory for good measure. 8-5 sounds about right to me.

Date Opponent* Result Record
    Sept. 3, 2011 Northern Iowa Win: 27-10
    Sept. 10, 2011 Iowa Loss: 24-17 all homer pick right here
    Sept. 16, 2011 at Connecticut Win: 20-10 To much transition and big losses on O and D
    Oct. 1, 2011 Texas Loss: 27-20 I think Texas will overlook you guys again. Personally I think this game is very winnable.
    Oct. 8, 2011 at Baylor Win: 20-17 I think it comes down to coaching and ISU can and will win in that department.
    Oct. 15, 2011 at Missouri Win: 23-20 Every year you guys win a game that nobody thought you would. 09- Nebby 10- Texas 11- hopefully mizzou.
    Oct. 22, 2011 Texas A&M Loss: 27-10 I think A&M will have a big year.
    Oct. 29, 2011 at Texas Tech Win: 35-24 I think Tech will have another down year. Leach will continue to be missed.
    Nov. 5, 2011 Kansas Win: 42-17 Kansas is garbage
    Nov. 18, 2011 OK State Loss: 35-27 Not really much to base this on besides the dangerous O.
    Nov. 26, 2011 at Oklahoma Loss: 42-17 Stoops has tons of momentum, and it is also in Norman.
    Dec. 3, 2011 at Kansas State Win: 35-20 I do not buy this team at all. They do not play smart disciplined football and without Thomas they will not be as good. I know Brown is coming in, but he has proved nothing.

So if we win both of the toss ups you have, we will be 10-3? Sounds good to me.
    I think we win UNI, maybe IU, UC, TU, BU, TT, KU, KSU. That is a serious number of road wins, and the part of me that lives in the real world really doubts we win all those road games. But I still believe this is our opportunity to establish ISU as one fo the top 5 in the conference. I believe, outside of OU, that our losses will all be within 10, and we will be competative. So I think 6-7 wins and a bowl game. I like CPR in bowl games. Having 3 weeks to plan for a team makes him very dangerous.

Friends don't let friends wear black & gold. Build a man a fire, you keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, you keep him warm for the rest of his life. Set a hawkeye fan on fire, you make Iowa a better place to live.

Pro
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 127

I won't argue much with what you are saying. As mentioned the Baylor and TTech games on the road will be tough. At JT they are wins. I am picking ISU in the Iowa matchup. Iowa lost a bunch and ISU's defense will actually stop them (or at least put a severe braking on their offense) while our offense will finally score some points...enough to win a battle. If we go 6-6 or better Coach R should be COY.

Addict
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,452
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 233
    Given: 40

Quote Originally Posted by bpmcclain View Post
    Every year I buy the magazines when they come out and I go through every teams schedule and pick wins and losses. Then, I come up with my top 25 and bowl match-ups because I use my time at work wisely. I have every win and loss picked, but Im still working on bowl match-ups and a top 25. Anyways, I figured I would put my predictions for ISU and see what people on CF think.

Sep 3 (UNI). ISU - 20 UNI - 7. I think our offense will struggle in our first game with a new QB. The score seems close, but UNI never threatens to win.

Sep 10 (Iowa). ISU - 21 Iowa - 27. This game is much closer than it has been the past couple of years, but I think Iowa's running game will be too much. Our offense will play good, but not good enough.

Sep 16 (@ UCONN). ISU - 28 UCONN - 20. Our offense looks good for our first road test, and we come up with a big win.

Oct 1 (Texas). ISU - 17 Texas - 31. Texas remembers what happened last year, so they wont take us for granted. We keep it close in the first half, but the talent gap is too much and Texas pulls away in the second half.

Oct 8 (@ Baylor). ISU - 35 Baylor - 31. Not much defense in this game. It will be a shootout, but Griffin and the Bears fall short at home.

Oct 15 (@ Mizzou). ISU - 14 Mizzou - 28. Offense struggles against the Mizzou D and never threatens enough to give ISU a chance.

Oct 22 (Texas A&M) ISU - 17 Texas A&M - 35. Tannehill and the Aggies are too much for us to handle.

Oct 29 (@ Texas Tech) ISU - 38 Texas Tech - 31. ISU ends a two game losing streak and wins a shootout in Lubbock.

Nov 5 (Kansas) ISU - 35 Kansas - 13. ISU strikes early and this one is never close. ISU helps Turners seat get even warmer.

Nov 12 (@ Oklahoma) ISU - 14 Oklahoma - 42. Another blowout to the Sooners on the road.

Nov 18 (Okie St) ISU - 24 Okie St - 35. ISU comes out fired up, but the Cowboys offense is too much.

Nov 26 (@ K-State) ISU - 31 K State - 21. ISU needs this one to be bowl eligible, and they get revenge on KSU for what has happened the past couple of years.

Final record. 6-6, 4-5 in the big 12.

Bowl bid: Meineke Car Care bowl in Houston on New Years Eve against Northwestern.
    good analysis. i think we only score 1 TD against iowa this year again. kick a few FGs hopefully. if we win it will be a 16-10 or something game imo.

UNI will be a good first game. i see us coming out strong and winning pretty handily, though. something like you predicted... 27-10 i'll say.

i think we'll split between iowa and UConn.

then the rest of the road will be very tough.