Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

BEST SOUNDBAR FOR HDTV LCD SAMSUNG

Any opinions, COSTCO has a VIZIO usb 200 for about $90, I wonder if I should pay more and get the type that has a wireless subwoofer? Other companies, SONY etc?

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 288
    Given: 420

Re: BEST SOUNDBAR FOR HDTV LCD SAMSUNG

I have a 46" in my living room and never planned on adding any speakers. After a few weeks I realized that the TV speakers were just not enough. I wasn't looking for anything special (I have a theater room for that) just a little base and more volume. I ended up getting a Sony-HTCT100 and I've been happy with it.

I don't know that it is better or worse than anything out there but it was about the only one that has a small enough bar to fit under the TV. It also works fine with my Harmony remote and has HDMI connections.

I built this fake wall for the plasma and I just shoved the sub behind the wall.

Starter
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 553
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 47

Re: BEST SOUNDBAR FOR HDTV LCD SAMSUNG

i have the sony htct 100 also and like it a lot. only gripe is that the speaker cord is only 8' and cannot be disconnected.

i am looking for another sound bar and saw that the samsung soundbar is on sale for 285 with a wireless sub at target so i was going to check that one out. but i haven't done too much recent research yet. Cancel that. just read that it has no HDMI.

Last edited by cyclonesurveyor; 05-31-2011 at 08:58 AM.
    Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than selfish and worry about my liver."
    --by Jack Handy