Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: Reggie Miller

  1. #1
    Walk On
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    207
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Reggie Miller

    Why is this guy announcing TNT games? He's terrible. Please replace with Charles Barkley.



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 359,048, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    19,067
    Points
    359,048
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 413
    Given: 63

    Re: Reggie Miller

    I don't really like Reggie but Charles would be a nightmare. He is even less articulate. I like him in the studio though. He doesn't sugar coat anything.


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 466,805, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneRulzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nevada, IA
    Posts
    19,694
    Points
    466,805
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,072
    Given: 2,716

    Re: Reggie Miller

    Sorry but Reggie is a great analyst and I like that he puts some emotion to the table unlike Mr. Robot Steve Kerr.


    Quote Originally Posted by cyowan View Post

    Rulzzz 3:16 says I just liked your post!

  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 281,541, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    16,618
    Points
    281,541
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 224
    Given: 22

    Re: Reggie Miller

    I actually like Reggie. I think him and Kerr make a great duo.



  5. #5
    Walk On
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    207
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Reggie Miller

    Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    I don't really like Reggie but Charles would be a nightmare. He is even less articulate. I like him in the studio though. He doesn't sugar coat anything.
    You're right that he's rough. He'd have to be limited in how much he could talk or he probably could get old, but he's funny and like you said he doesn't sugar coat anything. That's what I like best about him.



  6. #6
    Walk On
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    207
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Reggie Miller

    Quote Originally Posted by CyclonesRulzzz View Post
    Sorry but Reggie is a great analyst and I like that he puts some emotion to the table unlike Mr. Robot Steve Kerr.
    I agree with you about Kerr. I don't think he's very good either.



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 150,234, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ZJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Snottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    3,492
    Points
    150,234
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 48

    Re: Reggie Miller

    Charles? So you want a rambling idiot who has trouble making sentences doing color-commentating? I'd rather be deaf.



  8. #8
    Walk On
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    207
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Reggie Miller

    Quote Originally Posted by ZJohnson View Post
    Charles? So you want a rambling idiot who has trouble making sentences doing color-commentating? I'd rather be deaf.
    I agree that he's "somewhat limited". He's also truthful and funny and not a kiss-** like Reggie. That guy name drops so much that I can't stand it.



  9. #9
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 43,603, Level: 64
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 647
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    heitclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malvern, IA
    Posts
    4,634
    Points
    43,603
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 122
    Given: 267

    Re: Reggie Miller

    Quote Originally Posted by cyspike View Post
    I agree with you about Kerr. I don't think he's very good either.
    I like Kerr and he's very intelligent about the game but he is rather dull, he and Reggie are a good combo. They beat the hell out of the Van Gundy/Mark Jackson duo but thats not tough. ESPN/ABC's only decent analyst is Hubie. Really I'm secretly hoping Doug Collins gets fired by Philly so he can be back on the sidelines...he was definitley TNT's best.



  10. #10
    Walk On
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    207
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Reggie Miller

    Quote Originally Posted by heitclone View Post
    I like Kerr and he's very intelligent about the game but he is rather dull, he and Reggie are a good combo. They beat the hell out of the Van Gundy/Mark Jackson duo but thats not tough. ESPN/ABC's only decent analyst is Hubie. Really I'm secretly hoping Doug Collins gets fired by Philly so he can be back on the sidelines...he was definitley TNT's best.
    And also Chris Webber. I hate when they take cheaters and make them an analyst. This dummie couldn't spell NBA.



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 33,866, Level: 56
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 384
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    3,214
    Points
    33,866
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 116
    Given: 0

    Re: Reggie Miller

    Hubie Brown knows more about basketball than a lot of people could hope to forget. He's getting up there in age (not Dr. Jack Ramsey old yet) but can still call a fairly good game.

    Doug Collins was good, high basketball IQ and gets it across well. If he didn't have a coaching gig, he'd definitely be calling games


    ABC - Always Be Closing

  12. #12
    Walk On
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    207
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Reggie Miller

    Quote Originally Posted by CyBroncos View Post
    Hubie Brown knows more about basketball than a lot of people could hope to forget. He's getting up there in age (not Dr. Jack Ramsey old yet) but can still call a fairly good game.

    Doug Collins was good, high basketball IQ and gets it across well. If he didn't have a coaching gig, he'd definitely be calling games
    Good call on both.



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 65,974, Level: 79
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 476
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cy4prez7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,650
    Points
    65,974
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 41

    Re: Reggie Miller

    That is a TURRABLE idea!! I like Reggie...can't stand Charles!


    KCCO



    Follow me on Twitter: @datBASS3
    Follow Iowa State Drumline on Twitter: @ISUDrumline or on FB

  14. #14
    Walk On
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    207
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Reggie Miller

    Quote Originally Posted by cy4prez7 View Post
    That is a TURRABLE idea!! I like Reggie...can't stand Charles!
    I never liked Chuck as a player. And I liked Reggie as a player. That's the weird thing. But Charles is just so truthfull, and that's very uncommon for a broadcaster. Reggie is boring.



  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 112,516, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    JP4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sommerset
    Posts
    6,303
    Points
    112,516
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 335
    Given: 140

    Re: Reggie Miller

    Quote Originally Posted by CyBroncos View Post
    Hubie Brown knows more about basketball than a lot of people could hope to forget. He's getting up there in age (not Dr. Jack Ramsey old yet) but can still call a fairly good game.

    Doug Collins was good, high basketball IQ and gets it across well. If he didn't have a coaching gig, he'd definitely be calling games
    Hubie is great to listen to. Probably the best "explanation" announcer out there. Jack Ramsey is a good 2nd.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • Iowa State @ Oklahoma State
  • October 4, 2014
  • 11:00 AM