Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 191,758, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Dryburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    8,877
    Points
    191,758
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 162
    Given: 4

    Killebrew Funeral- If You are Interested

    There will be a public funeral/memorial service tomorrow (Friday) in Arizona. It will be at 10 A.M. (Arizona time I think-noon central) and will be shown on FSN (at least in the Twin Cities) and streamed on twinsbaseball.com, if anyone is interested.

    Services scheduled for late slugger Killebrew | twinsbaseball.com: News

    Several former and current Twins to take part in Harmon Killebrew funeral - TwinCities.com

    I thought some of you might like to watch it.



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 433,238, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    23,882
    Points
    433,238
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 156
    Given: 24

    Re: Killebrew Funeral- If You are Interested

    Quote Originally Posted by Dryburn View Post
    There will be a public funeral/memorial service tomorrow (Friday) in Arizona. It will be at 10 A.M. (Arizona time I think-noon central) and will be shown on FSN (at least in the Twin Cities) and streamed on twinsbaseball.com, if anyone is interested.

    Services scheduled for late slugger Killebrew | twinsbaseball.com: News

    Several former and current Twins to take part in Harmon Killebrew funeral - TwinCities.com

    I thought some of you might like to watch it.
    Arizona is 1 hour behind us...or at least were when we went to Tempe



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 191,758, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Dryburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    8,877
    Points
    191,758
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 162
    Given: 4

    Re: Killebrew Funeral- If You are Interested

    Quote Originally Posted by IcSyU View Post
    Arizona is 1 hour behind us...or at least were when we went to Tempe
    Yeah, I'm on the West coast......but in the article they said the service was at 10 a.m., but then would be televised live at noon in the Twin Cities.

    I don't think Arizona goes on Daylight Savings Time do they? So if they did not spring ahead, then maybe they are 2 hours behind Central now.



  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 28,634, Level: 51
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,957
    Points
    28,634
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Killebrew Funeral- If You are Interested

    Arizona is currently 2 hours behind Central Time.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 191,758, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Dryburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    8,877
    Points
    191,758
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 162
    Given: 4

    Re: Killebrew Funeral- If You are Interested

    Here is another link if you are having trouble finding it.

    Pop Up Video

    This is the stream from WCCO in Minneapolis



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 33,524, Level: 56
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 726
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Jonecy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    3.5 Hours From Trice
    Posts
    1,265
    Points
    33,524
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Killebrew Funeral- If You are Interested

    That was a great service for a great man. I cried like a baby during some of the eulogies.
    The killer touched a lot of lives, including mine, and his legacy will live on for a very long time.


    - Im not a spin my wheels type of guy." - Coach Paul Rhoads

  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 191,758, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Dryburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    8,877
    Points
    191,758
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 162
    Given: 4

    Re: Killebrew Funeral- If You are Interested

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonecy View Post
    That was a great service for a great man. I cried like a baby during some of the eulogies.
    The killer touched a lot of lives, including mine, and his legacy will live on for a very long time.
    It was nice. That had to be so hard for his kids and grandkids to get up there like that.

    I liked Blyleven's part pretty well, especially the end when he had everybody stand. I thought that was pretty cool.

    Killebrew will be missed. He was the absolute epitome of what a professional athlete should be. Some of the athletes of today could have learned a lot from him.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM