Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    Publisher
    Points: 918,759, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,669
    Points
    918,759
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,509
    Given: 569

  2. #2
    Starter
    Points: 22,021, Level: 45
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 529
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    813
    Points
    22,021
    Level
    45
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 6

    Re: Quan West = One big target

    There are two items in Quan's interview that I really liked. Number 1... he said "we" when referring to Iowa State. And two.... the guy is smart enough to recognize his weaknesses and is determined to work on improving them.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 436,039, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    65,344
    Points
    436,039
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,536
    Given: 1,173

    Re: Quan West = One big target

    I also enjoy his name. Qu (W)est or quest.


    Last edited by Wesley; 05-18-2011 at 12:17 PM.
    Let Prohm's Posse Ride: Georges, Georgios, 3sus, Hallice, Deonte, Dustin, Abdel, Monte, Matt, and McKaT.

  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 37,729, Level: 59
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    3,874
    Points
    37,729
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 331
    Given: 0

    Re: Quan West = One big target

    Tall receivers can be invaluable. Would love to see him come in and be like a Marvin McNutt for us.


    ABC - Always Be Closing

  5. #5
    Legend
    Points: 206,565, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CyFan61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    11,410
    Points
    206,565
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,074
    Given: 782

    Re: Quan West = One big target

    Welcome to the Cyclone family Quan!

    With that said I hope we eventually get to the day that many of our recruits don't have us as their only BCS offer.

    West chose Iowa State over offers from Tulsa, Western Michigan and Colorado State.



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 59,121, Level: 75
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 929
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    djcubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    3,089
    Points
    59,121
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 207
    Given: 328

    Re: Quan West = One big target

    Quote Originally Posted by CyFan61 View Post
    Welcome to the Cyclone family Quan!

    With that said I hope we eventually get to the day that many of our recruits don't have us as their only BCS offer.



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 348,464, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyhiphopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    20,348
    Points
    348,464
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,693
    Given: 6,998

    Re: Quan West = One big target

    Quote Originally Posted by CyFan61 View Post
    Welcome to the Cyclone family Quan!

    With that said I hope we eventually get to the day that many of our recruits don't have us as their only BCS offer.

    Yes, because all of the BCS schools have extended all of their scholarships by mid-May. It's a new record. No BCS schools will extend any more offers until next year.


    2014-15 Cyclone Fanatic NBA Fantasy Basketball Champion!



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 49,796, Level: 69
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,354
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    heitclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malvern, IA
    Posts
    5,813
    Points
    49,796
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 593
    Given: 648

    Re: Quan West = One big target

    Quote Originally Posted by cyhiphopp View Post
    Yes, because all of the BCS schools have extended all of their scholarships by mid-May. It's a new record. No BCS schools will extend any more offers until next year.
    Especially now that they see this kid settled for crummy old Iowa State, they wouldn't touch him with a 10ft pole.



  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 206,565, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CyFan61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    11,410
    Points
    206,565
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,074
    Given: 782

    Re: Quan West = One big target

    Quote Originally Posted by cyhiphopp View Post
    Yes, because all of the BCS schools have extended all of their scholarships by mid-May. It's a new record. No BCS schools will extend any more offers until next year.
    Sorry. Of course ISU is one of the best programs in the country. Silly me wanting to see us improve... I should have known that's impossible, given that we're already at the top.



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 348,464, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyhiphopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    20,348
    Points
    348,464
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,693
    Given: 6,998

    Re: Quan West = One big target

    Quote Originally Posted by CyFan61 View Post
    Sorry. Of course ISU is one of the best programs in the country. Silly me wanting to see us improve... I should have known that's impossible, given that we're already at the top.
    Did I say ISU doesn't need to improve?

    No.

    I implied that you can't make any assumption that Quan West would not have garnered any additional BCS offers by the end of the year based on his offers as of mid-May. He is regarded as one of the top WRs in the state of Texas by multiple sources, so there is a good chance that the offers he is currently showing are not the only offers he could possibly receive.

    I think an early commit from Quan West IS a sign of ISU improving our recruiting.


    2014-15 Cyclone Fanatic NBA Fantasy Basketball Champion!



  11. #11
    Legend
    Points: 183,372, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    10,702
    Points
    183,372
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,291
    Given: 683

    Re: Quan West = One big target

    Everyone who thinks this kid's offers right now when undoubtedly comparing them to offer sheets other kids get at the end of the year need to read this next sentence very slowly. Kids who commit early will have less offers both in total and in offers reported to rivals.

    If this kid is uncommitted in january next year I'm sure he would have plenty of BCS schools who missed on their #1 targets/pipedreams who would be more than happy to have this kid.

    This is a good sign for recruiting because we are getting our guys early and not scrambling to sign questionable players at the end of signing periods.



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 88,041, Level: 92
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,309
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    dualthreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,491
    Points
    88,041
    Level
    92
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 469
    Given: 59

    Re: Quan West = One big target

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    I also enjoy his name. Qu (W)est or quest.
    Yes i thought that too haha...

    except im sticking with QWest

    (on his jersey it will say Q. West, because of Jarvis West)


    "Success isn't owned. It's leased, and rent is due everyday" -J.J. Watt

  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 63,662, Level: 78
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,188
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    jahfg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,983
    Points
    63,662
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 252
    Given: 188

    Re: Quan West = One big target

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhoadhoused View Post
    Everyone who thinks this kid's offers right now when undoubtedly comparing them to offer sheets other kids get at the end of the year need to read this next sentence very slowly. Kids who commit early will have less offers both in total and in offers reported to rivals.

    If this kid is uncommitted in january next year I'm sure he would have plenty of BCS schools who missed on their #1 targets/pipedreams who would be more than happy to have this kid.

    This is a good sign for recruiting because we are getting our guys early and not scrambling to sign questionable players at the end of signing periods.
    I'm still trying to figure out what the first sentence says.


    I don't bring my own opinions, just attack others.

  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 89,392, Level: 93
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,858
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,568
    Points
    89,392
    Level
    93
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 130
    Given: 253

    Re: Quan West = One big target

    Quote Originally Posted by cyhiphopp View Post
    Did I say ISU doesn't need to improve?

    No.

    I implied that you can't make any assumption that Quan West would not have garnered any additional BCS offers by the end of the year based on his offers as of mid-May. He is regarded as one of the top WRs in the state of Texas by multiple sources, so there is a good chance that the offers he is currently showing are not the only offers he could possibly receive.

    I think an early commit from Quan West IS a sign of ISU improving our recruiting.
    I think an early commit from a kid that has never set foot on campus is a sign that the kid wanted to secure a place to play but is far from done in the recruiting game. His commitment may be sincere and he may end up a Cyclone but it isn't uncommon for kids that have committed without seeing campus to change their minds. Just ask Kyle Boyd.

    Consider me one to view this as a soft commit until he actually visits ISU.


    "Not at the table Carlos."

  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 55,623, Level: 73
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,427
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Yes13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3,321
    Points
    55,623
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 20

    Re: Quan West = One big target

    Quote Originally Posted by tazclone View Post
    I think an early commit from a kid that has never set foot on campus is a sign that the kid wanted to secure a place to play but is far from done in the recruiting game. His commitment may be sincere and he may end up a Cyclone but it isn't uncommon for kids that have committed without seeing campus to change their minds. Just ask Kyle Boyd.

    Consider me one to view this as a soft commit until he actually visits ISU.
    Agreed, someone really needs to ask how solid he is, but we're in the best postition to be in. I'd rather have a soft commit than no commit.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM