Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 28,887, Level: 52
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 863
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    2,153
    Points
    28,887
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Royals call up pitching prospect Danny Duffy

    and will be starting tomorrow night against the Rangers. In Omaha, Duffy had a 3-1 record, 3.0 ERA, 40 some K's, & 10 base on balls.

    Davies to the DL (anticipated that's going to happen) & Duffy to the show along with Mazzaro going back to Omaha is the perfect way to wash the bad taste of last night's cluster out of the mouth of this Royals fan.



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 59,194, Level: 75
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    guitarchitect7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,318
    Points
    59,194
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Royals call up pitching prospect Danny Duffy

    Related, but unrelated question. Friday I will be in Kauffman stadium watching the Royals hopefully pound on the Cards (as a Cubs fan). who are some prospects to watch?


    "You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace." -- Ernie Banks



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 28,887, Level: 52
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 863
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    2,153
    Points
    28,887
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Royals call up pitching prospect Danny Duffy

    Quote Originally Posted by guitarchitect7 View Post
    Related, but unrelated question. Friday I will be in Kauffman stadium watching the Royals hopefully pound on the Cards (as a Cubs fan). who are some prospects to watch?
    Escobar is a stud at SS having a Gold Glove worthy season, Hosmer at 1st, and the entire bullpen (Crow, Collins, etc.).



  4. #4
    Rookie
    Points: 19,367, Level: 42
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 483
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Capp Timm Field
    Posts
    359
    Points
    19,367
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Royals call up pitching prospect Danny Duffy

    Quote Originally Posted by guitarchitect7 View Post
    Related, but unrelated question. Friday I will be in Kauffman stadium watching the Royals hopefully pound on the Cards (as a Cubs fan). who are some prospects to watch?
    Duffy won't be pitching Friday, but the Royals have 9 rookies on the roster.
    pitchers Nate Adcock, Louis Coleman, Tim Collins, Aaron Crow, Everett Teaford and Jeremy Jeffress, first baseman Eric Hosmer and outfielder Jarrod Dyson.



  5. #5
    Legend
    Points: 269,236, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,176
    Points
    269,236
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 149
    Given: 249

    Re: Royals call up pitching prospect Danny Duffy

    Quote Originally Posted by garn91 View Post
    and will be starting tomorrow night against the Rangers. In Omaha, Duffy had a 3-1 record, 3.0 ERA, 40 some K's, & 10 base on balls.

    Davies to the DL (anticipated that's going to happen) & Duffy to the show along with Mazzaro going back to Omaha is the perfect way to wash the bad taste of last night's cluster out of the mouth of this Royals fan.
    I'm excited, but a little concerned that if he succeeds he's going to pitch way too many innings this year considering his low workload next year.

    Duffy is the type of pitcher that's built for a homerun suppressing park like the K, considering his biggest problem is going to be keeping the HR numbers down.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 59,194, Level: 75
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    guitarchitect7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,318
    Points
    59,194
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Royals call up pitching prospect Danny Duffy

    Quote Originally Posted by Mowilly View Post
    Duffy won't be pitching Friday, but the Royals have 9 rookies on the roster.
    pitchers Nate Adcock, Louis Coleman, Tim Collins, Aaron Crow, Everett Teaford and Jeremy Jeffress, first baseman Eric Hosmer and outfielder Jarrod Dyson.
    Looks like KC doesn't know who's pitching yet, but the Cards have Carpenter slated to start.


    "You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace." -- Ernie Banks



  7. #7
    Rookie
    Points: 19,367, Level: 42
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 483
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Capp Timm Field
    Posts
    359
    Points
    19,367
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Royals call up pitching prospect Danny Duffy

    Quote Originally Posted by guitarchitect7 View Post
    Looks like KC doesn't know who's pitching yet, but the Cards have Carpenter slated to start.
    I am projecting Francis at this time in game 1. Then Saturday is still open as that would have been Davies spot (Duffy takes Mazzaro's place on roster)

    Who knows??? Do they strectch out Crow and let him start? Do they call up Montgomery from AAA? (if so, Tejada can take his place in the pen as he is on rehab and appears ready to go)



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 28,887, Level: 52
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 863
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    2,153
    Points
    28,887
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Royals call up pitching prospect Danny Duffy

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I'm excited, but a little concerned that if he succeeds he's going to pitch way too many innings this year considering his low workload next year.

    Duffy is the type of pitcher that's built for a homerun suppressing park like the K, considering his biggest problem is going to be keeping the HR numbers down.
    I think you'll see Duffy on a pitch count for his first couple of starts. Yost won't make the same mistake that Hillman did with Meche have him out there for 130 some pitches in one outing.



  9. #9
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 160,583, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    GMackey32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ames Via Cedar Falls
    Posts
    4,951
    Points
    160,583
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 19

    Re: Royals call up pitching prospect Danny Duffy

    The Royals called up Everett Teaford (another good pitching prospect) in Mazzaro's place also. I would assume he starts Saturday. Hopefully one of them will be a reliable option so the Royals can dump some of the dead weight in the starting rotation, i.e. Davies.


    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    I agree. We didn't choose Iowa State because it is easy. We chose Iowa State because it is awesome.
    Post from HawkeyeNation:

    So frickin jealous of what they have in Ames. It's truly amazing what Fred has done coming in with 0 coaching experience.

  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 28,887, Level: 52
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 863
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    2,153
    Points
    28,887
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Royals call up pitching prospect Danny Duffy

    Quote Originally Posted by GMackey32 View Post
    The Royals called up Everett Teaford (another good pitching prospect) in Mazzaro's place also. I would assume he starts Saturday. Hopefully one of them will be a reliable option so the Royals can dump some of the dead weight in the starting rotation, i.e. Davies.
    If Davies goes onto the DL today, which many assume, there's no way he'll be DFA'ed until he's off the DL and has made a couple of starts.



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 29,364, Level: 52
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 386
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,698
    Points
    29,364
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: Royals call up pitching prospect Danny Duffy

    Quote Originally Posted by garn91 View Post
    Escobar is a stud at SS having a Gold Glove worthy season, Hosmer at 1st, and the entire bullpen (Crow, Collins, etc.).
    At this point all Escobar is, is a young Adam Everett. Great fielder atrocious with the bat. Until he doesn't look completely outmatched with the bat he's not all that interesting.



  12. #12
    Legend
    Points: 269,236, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,176
    Points
    269,236
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 149
    Given: 249

    Re: Royals call up pitching prospect Danny Duffy

    Quote Originally Posted by garn91 View Post
    I think you'll see Duffy on a pitch count for his first couple of starts. Yost won't make the same mistake that Hillman did with Meche have him out there for 130 some pitches in one outing.
    My main concern is that he'll end up throwing 200+ innings this year if he pitches well. He only pitched 62 innings in the minors last year, but he also pitched in the Arizona Fall League and the Pan-Am games, I think. Pitchers who up their innings total over 50 innings in a year generally have a higher risk for injury than pitchers who throw high pitch counts occasionally.



  13. #13
    Legend
    Points: 269,236, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,176
    Points
    269,236
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 149
    Given: 249

    Re: Royals call up pitching prospect Danny Duffy

    Quote Originally Posted by Mowilly View Post
    I am projecting Francis at this time in game 1. Then Saturday is still open as that would have been Davies spot (Duffy takes Mazzaro's place on roster)

    Who knows??? Do they strectch out Crow and let him start? Do they call up Montgomery from AAA? (if so, Tejada can take his place in the pen as he is on rehab and appears ready to go)
    IMO, calling up Montgomery after his struggles in AAA is a horrible idea. I hope they give Crow a shot. He threw 50+ pitches in his last outing, so he should be able to go 4-5 innings pretty easily on Saturday. Then Adcock and/or Teaford.



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 380,795, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    55,552
    Points
    380,795
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 144
    Given: 113

    Re: Royals call up pitching prospect Danny Duffy

    Quote Originally Posted by guitarchitect7 View Post
    Related, but unrelated question. Friday I will be in Kauffman stadium watching the Royals hopefully pound on the Cards (as a Cubs fan). who are some prospects to watch?
    Will the Cards find a dependable closer this year?


    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 380,795, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    55,552
    Points
    380,795
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 144
    Given: 113

    Re: Royals call up pitching prospect Danny Duffy

    Quote Originally Posted by guitarchitect7 View Post
    Looks like KC doesn't know who's pitching yet, but the Cards have Carpenter slated to start.
    Poor old Carpenter. Tough year.


    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM