Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 22,763, Level: 46
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 787
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,124
    Points
    22,763
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Nevada Officer Exonerated

    Investigation Completed In Deadly Police Shooting - Des Moines News Story - KCCI Des Moines

    glad to see he wasnt charged with anything. the community will hate the outcome though



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 19,650, Level: 42
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    kcclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    1,708
    Points
    19,650
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 6

    Re: Nevada Officer Exonerated

    hard to believe the persons life needed to be taken. the young cops in Nevada are trying to prove their worth.



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 22,763, Level: 46
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 787
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,124
    Points
    22,763
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Nevada Officer Exonerated

    Quote Originally Posted by kcclones View Post
    hard to believe the persons life needed to be taken. the young cops in Nevada are trying to prove their worth.
    if someone lunged at you while they were drunk and already beating up their wife, had guns in the house, what would you do? you have a split second to react and you dont know if he has a gun or knife hidden on him somewhere.

    and also officers are taught in the academy not to use their taser if they are the only officer on scene



  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 37,746, Level: 59
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Me State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Altoona
    Posts
    1,908
    Points
    37,746
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 152
    Given: 0

    Re: Nevada Officer Exonerated

    Quote Originally Posted by kcclones View Post
    hard to believe the persons life needed to be taken. the young cops in Nevada are trying to prove their worth.
    Easy for someone that has never been in a situation like that to say. But it's ok. When something scary happens to you, you can just run away and call the cops to save you. After the fact be sure to tell them how you think they should have handled it better.



  5. #5
    Rookie
    Points: 8,394, Level: 27
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 356
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    cy8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    375
    Points
    8,394
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Nevada Officer Exonerated

    He should of used a taser but if that didn't work then pull out the gun. It is hard to know if it was excessive force without being there.



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 22,763, Level: 46
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 787
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,124
    Points
    22,763
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Nevada Officer Exonerated

    Quote Originally Posted by cy8 View Post
    He should of used a taser but if that didn't work then pull out the gun. It is hard to know if it was excessive force without being there.
    read my 2nd comment



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 119,059, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUAlum2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    15,595
    Points
    119,059
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 98
    Given: 102

    Re: Nevada Officer Exonerated

    Obey the officer's commands (so long as they are reasonable, and it sounds as though they were) and you won't end up dead.



  8. #8
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 46,327, Level: 66
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 623
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cy4Patriots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,550
    Points
    46,327
    Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 16

    Re: Nevada Officer Exonerated

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUAlum2002 View Post
    Obey the officer's commands (so long as they are reasonable, and it sounds as though they were) and you won't end up dead.
    This. Seems like common sense to me.



  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 22,007, Level: 45
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    drednot57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Nevada, IA
    Posts
    1,630
    Points
    22,007
    Level
    45
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 12

    Re: Nevada Officer Exonerated

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyeh8r View Post
    Investigation Completed In Deadly Police Shooting - Des Moines News Story - KCCI Des Moines

    glad to see he wasnt charged with anything. the community will hate the outcome though
    What a tragedy for everybody concerned. The officer had a legitimate concern with gun cases on the dining table and within reach of the assailant. The officer has a right and responsibility to protect his life and the lives of the others involved. The assailant was drunk and stupid, decided to assault the officer, and got killed for his bad decision -- tragic.


    P.J. Farmer rocks!

  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 60,147, Level: 76
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,503
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    DENVER
    Posts
    3,298
    Points
    60,147
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 0

    Re: Nevada Officer Exonerated

    oh, it is just a matter of time before he shoots somebody else now. Cops, UFC loving, tribal tatoo having meatheads. Shoot first, answer question later.


    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come Ray. People will most definitely come.

  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 466,745, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 81.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneRulzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nevada, IA
    Posts
    19,685
    Points
    466,745
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,064
    Given: 2,713

    Re: Nevada Officer Exonerated

    Count me as someone in Nevada not happy with this. I hate cops in general but the police in Nevada are a joke. Just a bunch of young punks who think they are the **** cause they have a badge.


    Quote Originally Posted by cyowan View Post

    Rulzzz 3:16 says I just liked your post!

  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 30,475, Level: 53
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,455
    Points
    30,475
    Level
    53
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 4

    Re: Nevada Officer Exonerated

    **** tha police


    Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think

    Iowa State University Big XII champs 2012 ***official CF PS3 Online Dynasty***

  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 22,763, Level: 46
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 787
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,124
    Points
    22,763
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Nevada Officer Exonerated

    Quote Originally Posted by CyclonesRulzzz View Post
    Count me as someone in Nevada not happy with this. I hate cops in general but the police in Nevada are a joke. Just a bunch of young punks who think they are the **** cause they have a badge.
    they may not be the worlds top police agency but you sir are a *******. i love all the hate the police get from the people that have no idea what its like to be a police officer or understand what they go through on a daily basis. if you understood how the police were trained to do their job and the stresses they face on a daily basis you would know where the police are coming from and why they react the way they do. if you were by yourself facing a drunk belligerent that had guns within arms length, and had no backup nearby (even with the SCSO in nevada it can still take more than 10 minutes for them to arrive), please tell me what you would do instead. sure the nevada PD isnt perfect but in a possible life and death situation you are gonna do what it takes to go home at night. DCI exonerated him and that should be enough for people



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 466,745, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 81.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneRulzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nevada, IA
    Posts
    19,685
    Points
    466,745
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,064
    Given: 2,713

    Re: Nevada Officer Exonerated

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyeh8r View Post
    they may not be the worlds top police agency but you sir are a *******. i love all the hate the police get from the people that have no idea what its like to be a police officer or understand what they go through on a daily basis. if you understood how the police were trained to do their job and the stresses they face on a daily basis you would know where the police are coming from and why they react the way they do. if you were by yourself facing a drunk belligerent that had guns within arms length, and had no backup nearby (even with the SCSO in nevada it can still take more than 10 minutes for them to arrive), please tell me what you would do instead. sure the nevada PD isnt perfect but in a possible life and death situation you are gonna do what it takes to go home at night. DCI exonerated him and that should be enough for people
    Tell that to the friends and family of the man killed. I'm sure when his wife called 911 the last thing she expected was an officer coming with an itchy trigger finger.


    Quote Originally Posted by cyowan View Post

    Rulzzz 3:16 says I just liked your post!

  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 22,763, Level: 46
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 787
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,124
    Points
    22,763
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Nevada Officer Exonerated

    Quote Originally Posted by CyclonesRulzzz View Post
    Tell that to the friends and family of the man killed. I'm sure when his wife called 911 the last thing she expected was an officer coming with an itchy trigger finger.
    so a drunk belligerent man being shot by a police officer who had every right to shoot him, constitutes an itchy trigger finger? i love people that believe they know what it takes to be a police officer and the stresses they go through everyday



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • Iowa State @ Oklahoma State
  • October 4, 2014
  • 11:00 AM