Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

Guitarchitect7 Blog (The InCYtful) w/ breaking Cubs news!

For whatever reason, I went to write and blog and it would post. So I thought I would just put it here. Comment and criticise all you want.

Wow, havn't done this in awhile. Almost forgot this blogging thing was even available. With downed servers once or twice and the awesome upgrades the site is undergoing, it just got lost in the mist of things. Suppose I should make this worth wild.
    First, Man its great to have football back. Those days of channell surfing are over. Plus just last week we got our first HDTV, so preseason football has looked better than ever. Now lets get the regular season going so it means something. Speaking of which, preason still needs to be, but shortened. To carry it on for four weeks is a bit ridiculous. The first week the starters barely even play. Training camps are for coaches to try out the scout team, not national TV. Move the games down to 2 and the starters get plenty of time and your two deep do as well. Plus you now decrease the risk of injury by half before the regular season.
    Speaking of injuries, the Cubs are back to 100% and for good thing as the Cards were making their way back. This has been a long season to say the least, and September will be even worse. Thank goodness for a 2 1/2 game lead right now, but we need more home runs if we are going to make a run in the playoffs. Buck Coats and Clay Rapada just got sent off for those wonderful Players to be Named Later type trades. Buck could have been a good player, but the room was definately not there. The outfield is way over staffed, but the dilema seems to be no one wants to play. Jacque Jones actually has been hot, but is still only batting just over .270. Wierd. Rapada had his opprotunities to impress but just didnt step above and beyone as the orginization had hoped. So onto the waiver wire he went, and out the door he's gone. Bu-Bye!
    Of course ISU sports is back in action with the ever popular game of football starting it off. You know, the one were you run and pass the ball down the field. Oh, maybe some of you forgot due to last year. Well the running game came to not dissapoint. There are some quality backs itching to take a jab at it and by far, JJ Bass has taken control. I really look forward to seeing more of Alexandar Robinson, but I said the same about Josh Johnson and he was a let down. Where's he at, cant seem to find hime on the roster. Wierd! So this is the year for Bret Meyer and Todd Blythe to light up the national circut right? Wait, didn't we say that last year? Well, the way last night went, its not going to be any different. Though with all the mistakes, it was just awesome to see the talent out there. I just get gidding watch these guys try and work as a team. Sure mistakes are made, but when its done right, man its pretty. That second half opening drive was just marvelous. Jesse Smith is an animal for being a walk on, but Alvin Bowen needs to learn to wrap up. Sorry, bull rushing over players doesn't always bring them down, but that intensity doesn't hurt.
    Of course to top off this whole football season is the awesome tailgating. I'm not kidding. The past few seasons the spouse and I have showed up and just gone straight to the stadium. Boring. During the Iowa game two years ago, I dont know how many laps around Jack Trice we did until I ran into an old school buddie who is an iowa fan and talked to him for an hour or so. Not this year though. No, this year is games, and food, and games, and food, and food, and hanging out with other Cyclone Fanatic members. I know we were shooting to have a CF day before one of the games, but I will say that every game is just going to be CF day.
    Alright thats enough for now. Good riddance and Go State!

"You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace." -- Ernie Banks

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: Guitarchitect7 Blog (The InCYtful)

To add to my blog thread.

CHICAGO CUBS acquire RIGHTHANDER STEVE TRACHSEL from THE BALTIMORE ORIOLES

Cubs send righthander rocky cherry and infielder scott moore to the oriolesFriday, August 31, 2007

CHICAGO – The Chicago Cubs today acquired right-handed pitcher Steve Trachsel from the Baltimore Orioles for right-handed pitcher Rocky Cherry and infielder Scott Moore.

Trachsel, who returns to the organization that originally selected him in the eighth round of the 1991 Draft, is expected to be added to the Cubs’ roster this weekend. Chicago’s 40-man roster currently stands at 38 players.

The righthander joins the Cubs having recorded a quality start in each of his last four outings and in five of his last six starts with the Orioles, going 1-1 with a 2.37 ERA (10 ER/38.0 IP) in six starts this month. His 2.37 ERA is the fourth-lowest mark in the American League in August. Overall with the Orioles, Trachsel went 6-8 with a 4.48 ERA (70 ER/140.2 IP) in 25 starts this season.

The 36-year-old Trachsel has pitched in all or part of 15 major league seasons with the Cubs (1993-99),
    Devil Rays (2000), Blue Jays (2000), Mets (2001-06) and Orioles (2007), compiling a 140-151 record with a 4.29 ERA (1166 ER/2440.0 IP) in 406 major league appearances, all but one as a starter.

A 1996 National League All-Star with the Cubs, Trachsel has posted double-digits in victories in seven seasons and made 30 or more starts in nine seasons. The 6-foot-4, 205-pounder reached 200.0 innings pitched seven times.

Trachsel broke into the big leagues with the Cubs at the age of 23 in 1993 and was named National League Rookie Pitcher of the Year by The Sporting News in 1994, going 9-7 with a 3.21 ERA in 22 starts for Chicago. He owns one of the only 10 Cubs one-hitters in the last 25 years (a 5-0 win vs. Cincinnati on May 13, 1996), he started the Cubs’ 1998 Wild Card tiebreaker and won 5-3 vs. San Francisco to clinch a post-season berth, and he was the Cubs’ Opening Day starter in 1999, the final season of his first stint with the organization.

During his first stint with the Cubs, Trachsel went 60-69 with a 4.35 ERA (554 ER/1146.1 IP) in 187 outings (186 starts). For the decade of the 1990s, Trachsel led all Cubs pitchers in wins, starts, innings pitched and strikeouts (829) in that span.

Cherry this season made his major league debut with the Cubs, going 1-1 with a 3.00 ERA in 12 relief appearances. The 28-year-old spent most of the 2007 campaign with Triple-A Iowa and went 2-0 with seven saves and a 4.59 ERA in 43 appearances, all but one in relief.

Moore has played in 18 games with the Cubs the last two seasons, batting .233 with two homers and five RBI at the major league level. He went 0-for-5 in two games with the Cubs earlier this season. The 23-year-old spent most of the 2007 season with Iowa and batted .265 with 19 homers and 69 RBI in 103 games at Triple-A.

"You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace." -- Ernie Banks

cyclONEnation
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 31

Re: Guitarchitect7 Blog (The InCYtful) w/ breaking Cubs news!

Wowzers...somebody must have set the "way-back machine" to the early 90's. Trachsel's back.

cyclONEnation
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 31

Cmoore-Just to let you know, your blog is working, just reload it and your post is there.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 950
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 21

Quote Originally Posted by C.John View Post
    Cmoore-Just to let you know, your blog is working, just reload it and your post is there.

yep it is now.. thanks

Iowa State: Anyone who's a true college basketball fan needs to see a game at Hilton Coliseum. Nice is in the DNA of Iowans and the fans here are particularly gracious -- even when the home team loses but gives a great effort, they are appreciative.

ESPN.com picked Hilton Coliseum as the "Hot Arena" in the Big 12...coaches in the league noted that, "regardless of talent, the Cyclones have a home court like no other."

Addict
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 6

Josh Johnson got kicked off the team -- you should know that, you super moderator, you!

Go Sssssssssyclones!

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by AirWalke View Post
    Josh Johnson got kicked off the team -- you should know that, you super moderator, you!
    There was sarcasm(?) when I wrote that in the blog, but thanks for pointing that out.

Addict
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12

Quote Originally Posted by guitarchitect7 View Post
    There was sarcasm(?) when I wrote that in the blog, but thanks for pointing that out.
    Ah, it didn't translate very well.

Go Sssssssssyclones!

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by AirWalke View Post
    Ah, it didn't translate very well.
    Wierd! sarcasm not translating in writing, who knew.

Addict
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 295
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7

I'm not sure about this Traschel trade. Moore is a pretty decent player to be giving up on a short term rental. I'm guessing Marshall's spot in the rotation might go to him after his showing today although they did mention they'll go with a 6 man rotation here for a bit to give the starters an extra day of rest with the upcoming schedule and a double header in there.

All-Star
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 815
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 0

We'll be in Chicago for the weekend. I checked and the games are sold out (of course). But, do you guys have any estimate on how much a couple tickets on the street would cost me??? It's been a few years since I saw a Cubs game with pennant implications!!

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by travman23 View Post
    I'm not sure about this Traschel trade. Moore is a pretty decent player to be giving up on a short term rental. I'm guessing Marshall's spot in the rotation might go to him after his showing today although they did mention they'll go with a 6 man rotation here for a bit to give the starters an extra day of rest with the upcoming schedule and a double header in there.
    Yeah, aren't they playing something like 24 games in 23 days?

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by wesley_w View Post
    We'll be in Chicago for the weekend. I checked and the games are sold out (of course). But, do you guys have any estimate on how much a couple tickets on the street would cost me??? It's been a few years since I saw a Cubs game with pennant implications!!
    Actually if I were you, I would never scalp tickes in chicago. My bet would be going to some of the ticket offices around the field that sell the tickets by third party. At least there you are guranteed to get tickets for that came that will actually get you through the gates.

Just me.

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by guitarchitect7 View Post
    Actually if I were you, I would never scalp tickes in chicago. My bet would be going to some of the ticket offices around the field that sell the tickets by third party. At least there you are guranteed to get tickets for that came that will actually get you through the gates.

Just me.

Thanks for the advice. If the timing works out for me and I can go, I'll do what you said.

Addict
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by wesley_w View Post
    Thanks for the advice. If the timing works out for me and I can go, I'll do what you said.
    I have scalped tix MANY times without any issues. Usually, you can get a fairly decent price.