Ron Prince KSU kicks another off the squad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    Speechless
    Points: 408,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    61,090
    Points
    408,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 880
    Given: 610

    Ron Prince KSU kicks another off the squad

    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player...layerId=173937

    Following departure of Allen Evridge, Nate Prater from Omaha Central was listed as #22 best tight end in his recruiting class. He is now available tp transfer. After having high expectations in spring, he was not listed on the two deep and decided to depart. What is going on in Manhattan?



    And KSU hotties;
    http://collegefootballnews.com/Big_1...te_offense.htm


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 408,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    61,090
    Points
    408,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 880
    Given: 610

    Iowa State Hotties

    Since we are getting close to Toledo time, time for the recap.

    Hot list for offense:
    http://collegefootballnews.com/Big_1...te_offense.htm

    Hot list for defense:
    http://collegefootballnews.com/Big_1...te_defense.htm

    ISU Preview:
    http://collegefootballnews.com/Big_1...te_preview.htm

    Analysis:
    http://collegefootballnews.com/Big_1...waState_FA.htm

    Depth chart:
    OFFENSE Returning starters: 10

    QB 7 Bret Meyer, 6-3, 208, Jr.
    10 Kyle Van Winkle, 6-6, 217, Sr.
    Austen Arnaud, 6-2 205 Fr. IB 27 Stevie Hicks, 6-1, 212, Sr.
    22 Jason Harris, 5-11, 201, So.
    6 Jason Scales, 5-9, 209, So.
    FB 31 Ryan Kock, 6-1, 239, Sr.
    45 Steven Ebner, 5-10, 229, Jr.

    WR
    1 Todd Blythe, 6-5, 210, Jr.
    9 Euseph Messiah, 5-10, 171, So.

    WR 8 Austin Flynn, 6-1, 200, Sr.
    20 Nick Campbell, 6-2, 200, Sr.

    WR 5 R.J. Sumrall, 6-1, 195, So.
    82 Marquis Hamilton, 6-3, 217, RFr.
    81 Jon Davis, 6-4, 203, Sr. INJ.

    TE 41 Ben Barkema, 6-3, 245, Jr.
    16 Walter Nickel, 6-3, 235, Sr.


    LT 69 Scott Fisher, 6-7, 335, Sr.
    59 Landon Streit, 6-5, 305 RFr.
    LG 58 Seth Zehr, 6-6, 300, Sr.
    70 Tom Schmeling, 6-3, 290, So.
    60 Brandon Johnson, 6-4, 295, So.
    C 63 Scott Stephenson, 6-4, 305, Sr.
    78 Bastian Schober, 6-2, 305, Jr.
    55 Anthony Walker, 6-2, 280, Jr.
    RG 77 Paul Fisher, 6-7, 325, Sr.
    73 Reggie Stephens, 6-4, 315, RFr.
    RT 75 Aaron Brant, 6-7, 320, Sr.
    68 John Tjaden, 6-7, 305, Jr.


    DEFENSE Returning starters: 6
    END
    47 Kurtis Taylor, 6-3, 250, Jr.
    25 Nick Frere, 6-2, 240, So.

    NG
    93 Bryce Braaksma, 6-4, 260, Jr.
    95 Matt Berg, 6-4, 260, RFr.

    DT
    52 Brent Curvey, 6-0, 305, Sr.
    94 Stephon Dale, 6-3, 255, RFr.

    RUSH
    40 Shawn Moorehead, 6-4, 250, Sr.
    83 Travis Ferguson, 6-5, 245, So.

    SLB
    17 Tyrone McKenzie, 6-2, 230, So.
    10 Adam Carper, 6-3, 225, So.

    MLB
    10 Adam Carper, 6-3, 225, Sr. OR
    57 Jesse Smith, 6-0, 230, RFr.

    WLB
    15 Alvin Bowen, 6-4, 220, Jr.
    32 Josh Raven, 5-11, 205, RFr.

    LCB
    4 DeAndre Jackson, 6-0, 192, Sr.
    6 Chris Brown, 5-11, 180, So.

    SS
    2 James Smith, 5-8, 191, RFr.
    21 Caleb Berg, 6-1, 203, Jr.

    FS 16 Jon Banks, 6-3, 217, Jr. OR
    21 Caleb Berg, 6-1, 203, Jr.

    RCB 18 Chris Singleton, 5-10, 191, So.
    23 Steve Johnson, 6-2, 197, RFr.
    SPECIALISTS
    PK
    37 Bret Culbertson, 6-6, 179, Jr.
    11 Chris Mahoski, 5-11, 172, RFr.
    48 Steven King, 5-11, 208, RFr. OR
    19 Josh Griebahn, 5-8, 193, Jr.
    P 49 Michael Brandtner, 6-1, 198, RFr.
    25 Scott Krava, 6-0, 202, Jr.
    PR
    3 Ryan Baum, 5-10, 186, Sr.
    5 R.J. Sumrall, 6-1, 195, So.
    KR
    4 DeAndre Jackson, 6-0, 192, Sr.
    8 Austin Flynn, 6-1, 200, Sr.
    DS
    27 Brian Perry, 6-3, 225, So.
    83 Derrick Catlett, 6-4, 235, RFr.
    HO
    8 Austin Flynn, 6-1, 200, Sr.
    15 Derek Schmigdall, 6-1, 211, RFr.






    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 29,731, Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    2,158
    Points
    29,731
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryceman View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player...layerId=173937

    Following departure of Allen Evridge, Nate Prater from Omaha Central was listed as #22 best tight end in his recruiting class. He is now available tp transfer. After having high expectations in spring, he was not listed on the two deep and decided to depart. What is going on in Manhattan?



    And KSU hotties;
    http://collegefootballnews.com/Big_1...te_offense.htm
    Prince is totally clueless, he's going to set KSUck football back 10-15 years. From his handling of the QB situation, to players not showing up to fall camp in shape (isn't that what summer conditioning is for?, the way Prince handled the Everidge transfer, etc. Prince hasn't even coached a game yet and fans are beginning to turn on him.



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 343,535, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    32,621
    Points
    343,535
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 573
    Given: 357
    I'm not yet ready to toss Prince under the bus as a flop yet. As noted, he has not even coached a game for K-State!

    Every time a new coach rolls into town...changes take place. Some players/fans like 'em...some don't. Almost always with coaching changes there are player defections (See Also: ISU basketball). This causes fans to panic and some even jump off the nearest bridge.

    Sure, player defections may hurt the team for the short term - being 1-3 years. Yet the long-term is completely unknown for K-State under Prince. I'd say give the guy a chance, he's trying to implement his system and not everyone is going to buy into that.



  5. #5
    Starter Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    monkeybrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    882
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by garn91 View Post
    Prince is totally clueless, he's going to set KSUck football back 10-15 years. From his handling of the QB situation, to players not showing up to fall camp in shape (isn't that what summer conditioning is for?, the way Prince handled the Everidge transfer, etc. Prince hasn't even coached a game yet and fans are beginning to turn on him.

    not quite sure if this would be a setback....KSU under the previous regime was pretty much an outlaw program and their tatics outside the pitch were shady to say the least. I know a couple of KSU alumns that would prefer to start from scratch and have a program that they can claim with pride.....vs bowl appearences due to black-op efforts



  6. #6
    Facebook Knows All
    Points: 272,593, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cycloneworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NE Oklahoma
    Posts
    16,900
    Points
    272,593
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 670
    Given: 389
    Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    I'm not yet ready to toss Prince under the bus as a flop yet. As noted, he has not even coached a game for K-State!

    Every time a new coach rolls into town...changes take place. Some players/fans like 'em...some don't. Almost always with coaching changes there are player defections (See Also: ISU basketball). This causes fans to panic and some even jump off the nearest bridge.

    Sure, player defections may hurt the team for the short term - being 1-3 years. Yet the long-term is completely unknown for K-State under Prince. I'd say give the guy a chance, he's trying to implement his system and not everyone is going to buy into that.
    Completely agree. Our situation is very similar (probably worse) in MBB than KSU's FB team. We can't critize Prince for what is happening and then turn around and cheer GMac when he lost pretty much his entire team (excpect for RC and a few others).

    Let's see what he does on the field...and if he truly is screwing things up and setting them back 15 years...well I'm all for that.



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 408,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    61,090
    Points
    408,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 880
    Given: 610

    Greenway bites the dust

    Tough luck for EIU fans:
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...orts/Football/

    Like being a redshirt freshman again.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 408,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    61,090
    Points
    408,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 880
    Given: 610


    Here is Nick Leaders good luck spot:
    http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1109819

    Go Ravens.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 29,731, Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    2,158
    Points
    29,731
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    Thing with Prince is that, I don't think he can afford 1 bad season, let alone 2 before apathy sets in with KSU fans. Remember, Bob Huggins is now "da man" @ KSU and just from lurking on KSU message boards, I get the sense that there is much more anticipation for basketball than there is for football.



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 343,535, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    32,621
    Points
    343,535
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 573
    Given: 357
    Quote Originally Posted by garn91 View Post
    Thing with Prince is that, I don't think he can afford 1 bad season, let alone 2 before apathy sets in with KSU fans. Remember, Bob Huggins is now "da man" @ KSU and just from lurking on KSU message boards, I get the sense that there is much more anticipation for basketball than there is for football.
    LMAO!

    KSU is not going to fire or run Prince out of town after one or two bad seasons. That would be administrative suicide for the football program.

    People said the same thing about Callahan...he could not afford one bad season. They had a poor season his first year there and look...he's still in Lincoln!

    Knee jerk reactions are never any good.



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 29,731, Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    2,158
    Points
    29,731
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    LMAO!

    KSU is not going to fire or run Prince out of town after one or two bad seasons. That would be administrative suicide for the football program.

    People said the same thing about Callahan...he could not afford one bad season. They had a poor season his first year there and look...he's still in Lincoln!

    Knee jerk reactions are never any good.
    I didn't say KSUcks would run Prince out of town, I said fan apathy would set in if Prince had 1 or 2 bad seasons.



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 343,535, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    32,621
    Points
    343,535
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 573
    Given: 357
    Fan apathy always sets in after 1 or 2 bad seasons...regardless of the coaching being new/old and if the program is a national power or not.

    Look at Penn State and JoPa. Until last year...fans were ready to run him outt town.



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 29,731, Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    2,158
    Points
    29,731
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    Fan apathy always sets in after 1 or 2 bad seasons...regardless of the coaching being new/old and if the program is a national power or not.

    Look at Penn State and JoPa. Until last year...fans were ready to run him outt town.
    But Penn State doesn't have a BB coach like Bob Huggins, i'm just saying that the Huggins hire has put KSU basketball on the map, interest and coverage will be at a fever pitch this year. If Huggins has success and Prince struggles in their respective 1st years, what do you think will happen?

    KSUcks has already had consecutive losing seasons on the football field (4-7 in 04; 5-6 in 05) and the recruiting class that Prince is putting together for 2007 is less than stellar, probably has less fanfare than Iowa State's recruiting classes (don't take that has a swipe, just a comparison)

    Thing of it is, Prince hasn't even coached a game and after the events that have transpired since the end of spring ball, there are some KSUck fans who are beginning to turn on Prince.

    Apathy towards KSUcks football may have already set it and we don't even know it: Snyder's home finale was far from a sell out: 46,039; capacity is over 50,000. You would think that Snyder's home finale would rank as one of the highest attendend games in KSU history, but it's not: http://www.kstatesports.com/SportSel...212&SPSID=3058 (link showing highest attended games in KSU history) & http://www.kstatesports.com/ViewArti...&ATCLID=214191 (box score showing attendance for Snyder's home finale)


    Last edited by garn91; 08-16-2006 at 04:11 PM.

  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 343,535, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    32,621
    Points
    343,535
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 573
    Given: 357
    Quote Originally Posted by garn91 View Post
    But Penn State doesn't have a BB coach like Bob Huggins, i'm just saying that the Huggins hire has put KSU basketball on the map, interest and coverage will be at a fever pitch this year. If Huggins has success and Prince struggles in their respective 1st years, what do you think will happen?
    Not a fair comparison at all and you know it. But...using that "rationale"...

    Should Texas football falter the next two years...and Texas basketball continue to do well...fans won't be happy with Brown.

    If Texas basketball falters too...fans still won't be happy with Brown.

    The sheer fact we're discussing this is preposterous.

    Quote Originally Posted by garn91 View Post
    KSUcks has already had consecutive losing seasons on the football field (4-7 in 04; 5-6 in 05) and the recruiting class that Prince is putting together for 2007 is less than stellar, probably has less fanfare than Iowa State's recruiting classes (don't take that has a swipe, just a comparison)
    Exactly...so how can fans have high expectations when the cupboard was bare in Manhattan? Plus, new coaches rarely recruit all that well in the first season because they are behind in the game. Those are unfair expectations.

    Quote Originally Posted by garn91 View Post
    Thing of it is, Prince hasn't even coached a game and after the events that have transpired since the end of spring ball, there are some KSUck fans who are beginning to turn on Prince.
    And those fans should be taken out back and beaten with a yard stick.

    Quote Originally Posted by garn91 View Post
    Apathy towards KSUcks football may have already set it and we don't even know it: Snyder's home finale was far from a sell out: 46,039; capacity is over 50,000. You would think that Snyder's home finale would rank as one of the highest attendend games in KSU history, but it's not: http://www.kstatesports.com/SportSel...212&SPSID=3058 (link showing highest attended games in KSU history) & http://www.kstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml? SPID=212&SPSID=3061&DB_OEM_ID=400&ATCLID=214191 (box score showing attendance for Snyder's home finale)
    And again...thanks for making my point. It's unfair of fans or anyone else to expect too much from KSU for the next year or two.



  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 59,308, Level: 75
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 742
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Kyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,075
    Points
    59,308
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Culbertson came in as a walk-on and took over and becoming a rock-solid kicker showing decent range and good consistency hitting nine of ten kicks inside 40 yards. He's also clutch. The down side is his deep leg; he doesn't have one.
    I thought this was a good review until he called Bret clutch. That is by far my biggest knock on him.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM