Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 85
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 113,081, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Tornado man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    7,747
    Points
    113,081
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 55

    Ames High QB Anderson to walk on at Iowa

    This is puzzling. He and his family have always been big Cyclone fans. Great size at 6' 2' and 210 lbs. Wonder if Rhoads invited him to walk on at ISU.

    Ames Tribune > Ames Tribune > Sports



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 25,021, Level: 48
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 529
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Jack & Hilton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,109
    Points
    25,021
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Ames High QB Anderson to walk on at Iowa

    Damn, missed out on an 8th string QB, last month.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 227,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Clones21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,558
    Points
    227,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Ames High QB Anderson to walk on at Iowa

    Pointless to even have him walk on at ISU. Yeah its another student for ISU blah blah blah. Hawks can have him.


    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 27,058, Level: 50
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 492
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,081
    Points
    27,058
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 102

    Re: Ames High QB Anderson to walk on at Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by Clones21 View Post
    Pointless to even have him walk on at ISU. Yeah its another student for ISU blah blah blah. Hawks can have him.
    Another athletic, former high school qb, walkon goes to Iowa. Does this sound familiar? Yet we don't care. Someday we'll learn.



  5. #5
    Legend
    Points: 150,852, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here nor there
    Posts
    10,522
    Points
    150,852
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 247
    Given: 267

    Re: Ames High QB Anderson to walk on at Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by Dopey View Post
    Another athletic, former high school qb, walkon goes to Iowa. Does this sound familiar? Yet we don't care. Someday we'll learn.
    Not really.
    Mike O'Connell? Wait no, he went to ISU. Levi Peters, wait no, he is going to ISU.



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 33,321, Level: 56
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 929
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    3,085
    Points
    33,321
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 0

    Re: Ames High QB Anderson to walk on at Iowa

    I'm sure he's an ok player but if we're that worried about getting players like him just to walk on, we got big problems. If he goes on to have an all Big-Ten career then call me an idiot but I'll take my chances on he never sees the field


    ABC - Always Be Closing

  7. #7
    Prospect
    Points: 3,745, Level: 17
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 105
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    26
    Points
    3,745
    Level
    17
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Ames High QB Anderson to walk on at Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by CyBroncos View Post
    I'm sure he's an ok player but if we're that worried about getting players like him just to walk on, we got big problems. If he goes on to have an all Big-Ten career then call me an idiot but I'll take my chances on he never sees the field

    I think the point is a local kid who is a Cyclone fan chooses to walk on at iowa instead of his hometown favorite. I saw a stat that iowa had something like 19 former QBs on the roster and many were starting @ other positions. They find ATHLETES and get them on the field !!!! Seams to have served them well.



  8. #8
    Legend
    Points: 150,852, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here nor there
    Posts
    10,522
    Points
    150,852
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 247
    Given: 267

    Re: Ames High QB Anderson to walk on at Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by osclone View Post
    I think the point is a local kid who is a Cyclone fan chooses to walk on at iowa instead of his hometown favorite. I saw a stat that iowa had something like 19 former QBs on the roster and many were starting @ other positions. They find ATHLETES and get them on the field !!!! Seams to have served them well.
    How many of those 19 were 6-2 walk-on QB's?

    You do realize a couple weeks ago ISU received a commitment from a walk-on QB that is a better athlete?



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 93,910, Level: 95
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,140
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    acgclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6,657
    Points
    93,910
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 246
    Given: 38

    Re: Ames High QB Anderson to walk on at Iowa

    I'm not saying I'm worried about it, but we probably don't want to turn down walk-ons that Iowa is interested in.

    First, CPR has been outscored 70-10 in his first two outings against Iowa.

    Second, Iowa does a great job of developing talent and finding guys that might not be 4 or 5 stars coming out of HS but making them produce in college like they are. More or less, CPR is trying to emulate Ferentz's strategy here as well.

    Third, Iowa has had a lot of success with HS walkons over the past decade.



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 50,739, Level: 69
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    pyrocyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,830
    Points
    50,739
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Ames High QB Anderson to walk on at Iowa

    Maybe he just sees a better opportunity to play at Iowa.



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 25,429, Level: 48
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,453
    Points
    25,429
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 68

    Re: Ames High QB Anderson to walk on at Iowa

    Why would any 'big Cyclone fan' walk on at Iowa?


    Clone to the Bone with the up and coming IOWA STATE.

  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 93,910, Level: 95
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,140
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    acgclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6,657
    Points
    93,910
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 246
    Given: 38

    Re: Ames High QB Anderson to walk on at Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by CTTB78 View Post
    Why would any 'big Cyclone fan' walk on at Iowa?
    If he wanted to try playing major college football and Iowa was his only option, then obviously that is his only choice.



  13. #13
    Legend
    Points: 150,852, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here nor there
    Posts
    10,522
    Points
    150,852
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 247
    Given: 267

    Re: Ames High QB Anderson to walk on at Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by acgclone View Post
    I'm not saying I'm worried about it, but we probably don't want to turn down walk-ons that Iowa is interested in.

    First, CPR has been outscored 70-10 in his first two outings against Iowa.

    Second, Iowa does a great job of developing talent and finding guys that might not be 4 or 5 stars coming out of HS but making them produce in college like they are. More or less, CPR is trying to emulate Ferentz's strategy here as well.

    Third, Iowa has had a lot of success with HS walkons over the past decade.
    First, walk-ons had very, very, very....little to do with that.

    Second, how many 6-2 QB walk-ons from Iowa have done anything at either program?
    More or less, CPR is trying to emulate 75% of any successful college program.

    Third, ISU has had just as much success with walk-ons over the past decade.


    Next you are going to be clamoring about how ISU uses yellow Gatorade when Iowa uses blue.



  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,106, Level: 68
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 644
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    3,987
    Points
    49,106
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 127

    Re: Ames High QB Anderson to walk on at Iowa

    Not only can the squawks have him (anderson i mean) ....They can keep him....



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 22,763, Level: 46
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 787
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,124
    Points
    22,763
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Ames High QB Anderson to walk on at Iowa

    Quote Originally Posted by acgclone View Post
    If he wanted to try playing major college football and Iowa was his only option, then obviously that is his only choice.
    id rather walkon at some place like wartburg or simpson (not central though) before id go to iowa



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM