Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Starter
    Points: 19,518, Level: 42
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 332
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    965
    Points
    19,518
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Tim Tebow FRS Commercial

    Anyone seen this commercial? I have seen it on Fox Sports quite a bit. It's so stupid because he starts out saying "They said I'd never be a high school quarterback". The guy was Florida Player of the Year both his Junior & Senior years. He was homeschooled and was allowed to play for whatever team he wanted basically. Lose the drama Tebow



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 485,901, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Al_4_State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Driftless Region
    Posts
    19,176
    Points
    485,901
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 421
    Given: 129

    Re: Tim Tebow FRS Commercial

    Maybe his junior high coaches told him he'd have to change positions in HS? I don't know. Besides, he probably didn't write the commercial either.


    In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 121,671, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RING4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    6,714
    Points
    121,671
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 122
    Given: 147

    Re: Tim Tebow FRS Commercial

    Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    Besides, he probably didn't write the commercial either.
    /thread.




  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 48,910, Level: 68
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 840
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    3,692
    Points
    48,910
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 7

    Re: Tim Tebow FRS Commercial

    I agree he didn't write the commercial.

    I will probably get ripped to pieces but I think he is sincere in his faith and beliefs and that's how he is every day, not trying to get attention just being himself. I know many people that I grew up with that are the same way. Not trying to send it to the cave but it seems like many people hate him because he is so out spoken in his faith.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 64,469, Level: 78
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,066
    Points
    64,469
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 224
    Given: 48

    Re: Tim Tebow FRS Commercial

    Quote Originally Posted by wxman1 View Post
    I agree he didn't write the commercial.

    I will probably get ripped to pieces but I think he is sincere in his faith and beliefs and that's how he is every day, not trying to get attention just being himself. I know many people that I grew up with that are the same way. Not trying to send it to the cave but it seems like many people hate him because he is so out spoken in his faith.
    I don't think people hate him because of how he acts or lives his life, they hate him because the media makes it seem like he is one of the greatest human beings to ever walk the earth.



  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 48,910, Level: 68
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 840
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    3,692
    Points
    48,910
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 7

    Re: Tim Tebow FRS Commercial

    Quote Originally Posted by CyJack13 View Post
    I don't think people hate him because of how he acts or lives his life, they hate him because the media makes it seem like he is one of the greatest human beings to ever walk the earth.
    Yeah that was kind of what was going through my mind and I didn't write it/develop it at all. People are tired of him being covered. All of the negative feelings from him are due to the media.



  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 39,832, Level: 61
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 518
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    tman24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,041
    Points
    39,832
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 22

    Re: Tim Tebow FRS Commercial

    Quote Originally Posted by wxman1 View Post
    Yeah that was kind of what was going through my mind and I didn't write it/develop it at all. People are tired of him being covered. All of the negative feelings from him are due to the media.
    Dont worry he went to Denver. The media hates denver and never gives them much press, so the tebow plastered all over the media should die down some.


    Hooray for Metaphors!

  8. #8
    Starter
    Points: 19,518, Level: 42
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 332
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    965
    Points
    19,518
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Tim Tebow FRS Commercial

    Quote Originally Posted by tman24 View Post
    Dont worry he went to Denver. The media hates denver and never gives them much press, so the tebow plastered all over the media should die down some.

    Ya, I have barely heard a peep out of Denver. Uh, they have a guy named John Elway who is like one of the best players ever. And they just had a nice draft



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 485,901, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Al_4_State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Driftless Region
    Posts
    19,176
    Points
    485,901
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 421
    Given: 129

    Re: Tim Tebow FRS Commercial

    I'm not religious at all, but I too think Tebow is sincere. I disagree with a lot of what he believes, but I respect his sincerity and devotion to it. He isn't hurting anybody.

    I also agree that a lot of people are just tired of the media love affair. I got tired of it, but I've never had anything against the guy. He's not the second coming, but he's a good athlete and seems like he's a good guy. I got no complaints outside of the media, which has died down for awhile now.


    In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 257,665, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cydkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    15,883
    Points
    257,665
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 692
    Given: 576

    Re: Tim Tebow FRS Commercial

    People hate him because people are generallty a jealous, hateful group. If you want to create the highest rated TV show ever just have a show where famous people are hurt in various ways. People will be glued to the TV.



  11. #11
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 38,576, Level: 60
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 474
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran25000 Experience Points
    ThatllDoCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    3,627
    Points
    38,576
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 260
    Given: 361

    Re: Tim Tebow FRS Commercial

    He was just over exposed. Had too much Tebow. Need Breakow.


    “Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun.”
    Alan Wilson Watts

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 11:00 AM