Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 41,333, Level: 62
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    heitclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Malvern, IA
    Posts
    4,356
    Points
    41,333
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 77

    Question on ISU Dorms

    As part of my job I work with Special Olympics and we have the State games coming up on campus. In the past we've stayed in the Maple/Willow/Larch dorms but this year we're in Oak-Elm. The folks I'll be taking are almost exclusively use wheelchairs, in the past that dorm wasn't the most accesible for us, is that still the case?



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 22,763, Level: 46
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 787
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,124
    Points
    22,763
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Question on ISU Dorms

    Quote Originally Posted by heitclone View Post
    As part of my job I work with Special Olympics and we have the State games coming up on campus. In the past we've stayed in the Maple/Willow/Larch dorms but this year we're in Oak-Elm. The folks I'll be taking are almost exclusively use wheelchairs, in the past that dorm wasn't the most accesible for us, is that still the case?
    the redid the front entrance of it last year and over the summer. i havent been to it since its been remodeled but im sure it is now



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 32,778, Level: 55
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 272
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    4VR4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    3,468
    Points
    32,778
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Question on ISU Dorms

    I tried looking up handicapped assesibility and cound't find it. I do see they do not have A/C.

    The hall director's name/contact info is on the ISU pages here: Richardson Court : ISU Housing


    Just in case you didn't know... I'm a girl.

  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 22,763, Level: 46
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 787
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,124
    Points
    22,763
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Question on ISU Dorms

    Quote Originally Posted by 4VR4CY View Post
    I tried looking up handicapped assesibility and cound't find it. I do see they do not have A/C.

    The hall director's name/contact info is on the ISU pages here: Richardson Court : ISU Housing
    no oak elm doesnt have A/C which is the only reason i was in Larch freshman year...other than that its a dump



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 46,694, Level: 66
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    3,364
    Points
    46,694
    Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Question on ISU Dorms

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyeh8r View Post
    no oak elm doesnt have A/C which is the only reason i was in Larch freshman year...other than that its a dump
    not sure on your sex but Oak/Elm is an all female dorm.



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 22,763, Level: 46
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 787
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,124
    Points
    22,763
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Question on ISU Dorms

    Quote Originally Posted by wxman1 View Post
    not sure on your sex but Oak/Elm is an all female dorm.
    this might be different over the summer since i dont think many (if any) student live there over the summer. im sure they block off a floor or 2 for them when they come



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 46,694, Level: 66
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    3,364
    Points
    46,694
    Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Question on ISU Dorms

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyeh8r View Post
    this might be different over the summer since i dont think many (if any) student live there over the summer. im sure they block off a floor or 2 for them when they come
    Yeah Oak/Elm is closed in the summer. I was referring to you though.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 119,458, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jsmith86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    6,193
    Points
    119,458
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Question on ISU Dorms

    Quote Originally Posted by wxman1 View Post
    Yeah Oak/Elm is closed in the summer. I was referring to you though.
    Sometimes they put people for conferences in there. Or at least they did a couple years ago.


    ____________________________________

    You can't die. That would upset the equilibrium in the Cave.
    Warning: Posts contain 98% post-sarcastic content.
    Hoiball

  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 46,694, Level: 66
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    3,364
    Points
    46,694
    Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Question on ISU Dorms

    Quote Originally Posted by jsmith86 View Post
    Sometimes they put people for conferences in there. Or at least they did a couple years ago.
    They use Oak/Elm, MWL, and other RCA for conferences as well as athletic camp.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM