Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 296
    Given: 144

Post Fans? What the hell is wrong with people?

For those of you that say losing to Kent State is unacceptable, I want to know how you think we could have done better last night? Did you ever stop and think that just maybe Kent State has a better team right now? Just because they aren't in a huge conference doesn't mean they can't be decent. Let me break the news to you... Iowa State IS NOT a good team and we're NOT going to win the conference this year. Sorry for the wake-up call but it's time you step up and be a true fan instead of a blowhard that just wants to talk smack.

Yes it's hard to accept that change takes time but to behave like *** holes after one game shows the cardinal and gold you wear is just a facade. Anybody that has actually followed Iowa State knows the changes and drastic improvements that are happening behind the scenes. Yeah we played like **** last night but that's because we don't have talent, we don't have size, we don't have speed and YES we probably are the worst team in the Big XII today. I don't believe we will be in 6-8 weeks and I know we won't be in 2-3 years but I'm a real fan and I give my teams time and my coaches the chance they deserve.

You've said you don't want to hear the excuse about a new coaching staff but most of you are the same ones that kept giving McCarney years of excuses without wanting a change. Wake up Rush and quit being a hypocrite. The main thing to remember is that these players were recruited by a different staff to do different things. We don't have great athletes, sorry to say it but we don't have the athletes to compete every weekend with our schedule. A coaching change is great but the staff can't kick, throw, tackle, run, block, etc. It takes time to get the right guys in place to carry-out the coaching staff's wishes.

Chizik and crew came in and had nothing in place behind the scenes to match their style of coaching. Up until Thursday night, they didn't even really know what they had for a team. Until you have your guys lined up on the field against an actual opponent, it's all a crap-shot in practice. They'll get better but anybody saying that it's unacceptable to take time to get better probably should never have become a Cyclone fan, and probably really aren't.

Sorry for the wake-up call "fans" but this is a marathon and only the true fans are going to be there to celebrate at the finish line.

Note: I may run a big website but I'm a die-hard Clone to the bone. I have to be careful how I word things but there's also a time to take off the gloves and go to bat for my team. I didn't like the results last night any more than anybody else but I also didn't say "ahh ****, that was a waste of time" because I truly love my school. We're all passionate and emotional but there's also a time to be strong and support the program above your own short-term egos.

Last edited by Jeremy; 08-31-2007 at 07:42 AM.
    A program isn't built on one player and it doesn't succeed because of one player, thus a program won't fail if it doesn't get that one player.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Fans? What the hell is wrong with people?

well said Jeremy.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 30

Such passion Jer, I think this is the first time we have seen you truly ticked off....Good job outta you.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

Pro
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,444
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 1

I am going to start fire genechizik.com. /sarcasm/

I hope this game tempers some of the hype and everyone can settle down and look forward to Chizik building a solid program over the next few years.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 535
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 180

Jeremy what is wrong with people is that the fans are so tired of losing they want instant success.

If Chizik could come in here and win 5 games like Hayden Fry did his first year, I think most fans would stay excited.

Remember Winning Breeds Excitement and Losing Breeds Apathy.

Go Clones Please DON'T LOSE TO NORTHERN IOWA

Starter
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

I think the biggest thing that our fans are having to come to grips with right now is the fact that there was so much buzz, excitement, and hype for this game which caused people to lose sight of reality when it comes to this football team. The last thing Chizik and this team need is a letdown of support from our fans. UNI will be just as tough as this game and our fan base needs to send another message to this team next week. We believe in the staff and these guys deserve our support. Hell yes it would have been nice to get a W first time out, but I would put money on the fact that this staff will do an excellent job of making week to week adjustments and you will not see the same mistakes made twice. So I guess what I'm saying is, KEEP THE FAITH. We have the right guy at the helm.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 30

Quote Originally Posted by CyBobby View Post
    If Chizik could come in here and win 5 games like Hayden Fry did his first year, I think most fans would stay excited.
    I am still standing by the 3 wins prediction I had a while back that I got flamed for. Everyone here said I had a loser attitude, I just don't see this team as being a great team. I think right now we are the worst team in the conf, but I think they will build on this and get better. Well I hope they do.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

Addict
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,080
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 5

rome wasn't built in a day. i'm disappointed at the loss, but i can't wait till next week to see how we respond. in years past, that was the biggest problem-we never got better. i am a little worried that the record ticket sales won't turn into record attendences if we lose more of these games, however, i will be at the rest of the home games doing my part. give it a little more time guys-we've got plenty of it.

Bench Warmer Achievements:

Thumbs Up

The way I look at it is if everything was rosy with ISU's football program, Dan McCarney would still be coaching. At least Bass was a bright spot last night.

Rookie
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 384
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

I love that school. Go 'Clones.

Rookie
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 547
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 4

Listen,

I am a bit sympathetic to what Jeremy said. The fact remains, however, that the athletics department built excitement up to a fever pitch for this new coach, new season, new era, and so forth. Rome wasn't built in a day, you say. Well, they probably weren't out touting their invinicible empire when they were just a bunch of half-baked tribesmen, either.

Addict
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,080
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 5

Quote Originally Posted by Land Grant View Post
    Listen,

I am a bit sympathetic to what Jeremy said. The fact remains, however, that the athletics department built excitement up to a fever pitch for this new coach, new season, new era, and so forth. Rome wasn't built in a day, you say. Well, they probably weren't out touting their invinicible empire when they were just a bunch of half-baked tribesmen, either.
    then give up on the team and don't come to any more games. that'll show 'em for trying to get us excited for the first time ever. fans like this are the reason that the media says it can't be done in ames iowa. i am starting to understand why. we really don't have a very good fan base.

Legend
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 463
    Given: 310

I noticed Chiziks recruits did well. Meyer I was dissapointed with. Fumbles and penalties I was appalled by. There were alot of flashes of goodness but just not enough to beat a good Kent State team. Another thing, Im tired of people saying "i cant believe we lost to Kent State". Listen folks...Kent State does not suck, your attitude does. They arent picked to win the MAC for nothing. They have talent and discipline. In college football today you cant just dismiss these so called lesser conferences. They will sneak up and bite you in the *** on even your best playing days. That score should have been alot higher but we got some breaks. My hats' off to KSU. We will improve. It just takes time.

Legend
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 463
    Given: 310

Quote Originally Posted by ISU BET View Post
    then give up on the team and don't come to any more games. that'll show 'em for trying to get us excited for the first time ever. fans like this are the reason that the media says it can't be done in ames iowa. i am starting to understand why. we really don't have a very good fan base.

Exactly..Its not like we have eras of cyclone football where we have won Rose Bowls repeatedly and now we suck. We have been worse and are improving. I just dont get this elitist attitude some folks have.

Addict Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Well said Jeremy. I hope the team doesn't throw in towel as quickly as some people in the stands, and here are.

"Seven minutes to glory."