Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 162

State of Iowa Football

*please...lets not turn this into a rip on Iowa thread*

I look at football for the in-state teams...namely ISU, Iowa and UNI...and it's impossible not to get excited.

UNI is coming off an appearance in the D-IA title game and a good shot to wind up there again. They've even got some TV deals for a few of their games this fall.

Iowa looks to bounce back from a "disappointing" season last year...but...they played in January - how disappointing can it be? Some think it was and that tells you just how far Hawkeye football has come. The Big 10 will be tough yet it's feasible that Iowa could again be atop the league and looking at a BCS bowl. Can Tate ride out of Iowa sunset with a BCS win?

ISU takes a crack at doing something unprecedented...go on the road into the beef of the Big 12 and come out with a win - propelling them to the next level. Some say it's impossible...but the sheer fact ISU has a decent shot to do so can't be overlooked. With the sights set on an appearance in the Big 12 title game, is the 3rd time the charm?

Now I know I left out Drake and the smaller schools...I can't follow all of 'em!

Should be one helluva year for football in the state. Should it continue...Iowa will be mentioned with the likes of state powerhouses Florida, Texas, etc.

Gotta like that!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,525
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 64
    I think I heard on KXNO that Drake is rated in the top 5 this year preseason so that is impressive as well if I heard right. I have a HARD time rooting for EIU in anything but love the other schools when they aren't playing ISU.

Definitely impressive though.........

Addict
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 247
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 6
    I thought about that back when UNI, Iowa, and ISU made the NCAA tournament the previous season in basketball. Everyone looks over Iowa, but we're starting to make quite a name for ourselves. Even the Iowa vs. ISU game is on ESPN this year. Chalk it up to a good conterversy in a billboard, but who ever thought that UNI, ISU, and Iowa would be mentioned in the same sentence regarding athletic success?

Go Sssssssssyclones!