Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

The Best/Worst of Recruiting & Developing NFL Draft Picks

Interesting study. Pretty predictable outcome for ISU but ouch for Okie State.

The Best/Worst of Recruiting & Developing NFL Draft Picks « College Football Matrix

There was one?

Pro
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 263
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 5

Re: The Best/Worst of Recruiting & Developing NFL Draft Picks

That isnt that predictable for ISU, I think its pretty bad. I would have thought that our incoming players werent good enough to cause this poor a showing.

Nothing to see here mods. Keep moving.

Addict
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 927
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 13

That's some interesting information. Thanks for posting. But I don't think it tells us much. It's not very conclusive.

All-Star
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9

Yeah, ISU has to get better at putting players in the NFL. A lot of that comes down to scouting and developing recruits, which I feel CPR & staff have a good handle on.

www.widerightnattylite.com/ - All the news on the team that gives you fits

Walk On
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by sdillon500 View Post
    Yeah, ISU has to get better at putting players in the NFL. A lot of that comes down to scouting and developing recruits, which I feel CPR & staff have a good handle on.
    Sometimes we have guys that are good enough to go that dont even try(due to circumstances). Maybe this is just one scenario that I have been told, but the guy I am speaking of could have had a shot. He is my boss too lol. Played OL back with the Davis Brothers and Sage.

Prospect
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by drmwevr08 View Post
    That isnt that predictable for ISU, I think its pretty bad. I would have thought that our incoming players werent good enough to cause this poor a showing.
    Not going to agree or disagree as each fan can take what they want/dont want from the article. Redoing it to include the 2011 draft, update granularity in the recruiting year/draft pick numbers and adding some non-AQ teams that the sportswriters put in the top 25 because they win 9-11 OOC level games each year. Of those 5 non-aqs, all have an average recruiting rank under ISU and all but one have more draft picks. Could just be errors in ranking AQ and non-aq recruits. However, if I was ISU, I would be looking a the closest teams with low recruiting and high draft numbers and figuring out how they are evaluating players or just look to recruit those players as well.

Just thinking
    Thanks for the thread and discussion. Nice to read the thoughts, ideas and feedback
    -Dave @cfbmatrix

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

The Big 12 numbers are interesting, and given many of the schools in the Big 12 place such a heavy emphasis on recruiting the state of Texas, perhaps the Texas recruits are getting rated too high coming out of high school just because they are from Texas.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. ~ George Carlin

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life:
    The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves Orcs. ~ John Rogers

Prospect
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CloneAggie View Post
    The Big 12 numbers are interesting, and given many of the schools in the Big 12 place such a heavy emphasis on recruiting the state of Texas, perhaps the Texas recruits are getting rated too high coming out of high school just because they are from Texas.
    One thing to keep in mind about the elite recruiting ranked teams and the bottom is that there is really one one way to go. For Texas and OU to be above ever 0 is very hard in this review. in fact both are within 5% of the rank of recruiting with their draft rank so they are about perfect in expectations. What I find of interest is that they are in line while OK State and A&M are two of the worst, at least in this simple comparison. That one is tough to explain or rationalize if you are a fan of either. Plus, it would be very hard for 3 major recruiting ranking systems to all over-rank one or two teams recruits over such a long period of time. My composite rank in a weighed blend of all systems to try and reduce bias and level the field a bit.
    -Dave

Addict
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 927
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 13

Quote Originally Posted by CloneAggie View Post
    good thought. Also, texas kids are usually better coached in HS, therefore more college ready. Rivals ranks kids based on their ability to play RIGHT AWAY.

Addict
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 986
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 108
    Given: 167

Quote Originally Posted by dualthreat View Post
    good thought. Also, texas kids are usually better coached in HS, therefore more college ready. Rivals ranks kids based on their ability to play RIGHT AWAY.
    No they don't. 5 stars are supposed to make an immediate impact, but everyone after that is based on potential and what kind of player they can become.

Prospect
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by josh777 View Post
    Interesting study. Pretty predictable outcome for ISU but ouch for Okie State.

The Best/Worst of Recruiting & Developing NFL Draft Picks « College Football Matrix
    Thank you for starting the thread josh. I having been reading all forum thread and comments.

Totally redone. 2011 draft plus 9 non-aq schools in the article....

Thanks to all the Cyclones reading the article (500+). Over 30k reads in last 3 days. I will be back to check feedback, answer ? etc with the hope of improving the next one.

-Dave