Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

James Carpenter-Seattle

Nice to see James Carpenter get drafted in the first round by Seattle. So close with that guy. Keleche will do it for us next year.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 413
    Given: 63

Re: James Carpenter-Seattle

One thing I saw last night is that there were two teams we have been better than in recent years that had guys go in the first round. Baylor and Colorado. I know we lost to COlorado last year but we had been at least competitive with them previously. The last time we played Baylor we beat them. We are competing with teams putting much more in the draft than we do. I see a lot of potential NFL players out there now so hopefully that translates to beating teams like Baylor and Kansas and KSU consistently as well as competing more consistently with others. If I look at this defense, for instance, there are for guys that could go very high in the draft relative to our standards. Klein, Knott, Johnson, and I still think Benton could make a huge jump next year as a safety. That's really where I think he belongs.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.

Pro
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 117
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 129

Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    One thing I saw last night is that there were two teams we have been better than in recent years that had guys go in the first round. Baylor and Colorado. I know we lost to COlorado last year but we had been at least competitive with them previously. The last time we played Baylor we beat them. We are competing with teams putting much more in the draft than we do. I see a lot of potential NFL players out there now so hopefully that translates to beating teams like Baylor and Kansas and KSU consistently as well as competing more consistently with others. If I look at this defense, for instance, there are for guys that could go very high in the draft relative to our standards. Klein, Knott, Johnson, and I still think Benton could make a huge jump next year as a safety. That's really where I think he belongs.
    The one thing I took away from last night: it's usually been par for the course that when a Big 12 player gets drafted, the highlights usually show that player owning someone in an ISU jersey. I only saw one of those clips, and that was for Adrian Clayborn sacking Bret Meyer. The fact that players like Amukamara, Gabbert and Solder didn't have any highlights against ISU makes me a little more confident that this program is heading in the right direction.

All-Star
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 892
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

Iowa state made the clip when Prince got drafted. It was the wide receiver reverse pass where money was tackled in the backfeild.

Walk On
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

Osemele is far and away the best draft prospect on the team. With a good year, he'll be a first round pick. I don't think anyone else on the team is going to challenge for the 1st or 2nd round. Both Knott and LJ will get drafted, but I think it'll be more in the 3rd-4th round range.

Knott is really talented and athletic, but won't be a 1st round guy because he's a 4-3 linebacker...typically not a position that gets drafted at the top (none were taken yesterday).

LJ isn't big enough to be a 1st round corner. If he can run sub-4.5 at his pro day, I could see him being picked in the 3rd or 4th. IMO, he's similar to D.J. Moore, the Bears 4th round pick out of Vandy a couple of years ago. Both are a little undersized to be considered elite, but were (are) really productive in college both at corner and in the return game.

Klein and Benton both have a shot as well, although they won't be drafted high. I don't think either of them is an elite athlete by NFL standards, but they're good enough athletes to make it.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by 3GenClone View Post
    The one thing I took away from last night: it's usually been par for the course that when a Big 12 player gets drafted, the highlights usually show that player owning someone in an ISU jersey. I only saw one of those clips, and that was for Adrian Clayborn sacking Bret Meyer. The fact that players like Amukamara, Gabbert and Solder didn't have any highlights against ISU makes me a little more confident that this program is heading in the right direction.
    Are you sure? Clayborn didn't play a lot as a freshman. I did see the one where Prince took Money out in the backfield.

Or so I have read.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 555
    Given: 357

Quote Originally Posted by 3GenClone View Post
    Thought I saw Gabbert passing for a TD against the Clones also.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Addict
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 717
    Given: 9

Quote Originally Posted by 04clone View Post
    Osemele is far and away the best draft prospect on the team. With a good year, he'll be a first round pick. I don't think anyone else on the team is going to challenge for the 1st or 2nd round. Both Knott and LJ will get drafted, but I think it'll be more in the 3rd-4th round range.

Knott is really talented and athletic, but won't be a 1st round guy because he's a 4-3 linebacker...typically not a position that gets drafted at the top (none were taken yesterday).

LJ isn't big enough to be a 1st round corner. If he can run sub-4.5 at his pro day, I could see him being picked in the 3rd or 4th. IMO, he's similar to D.J. Moore, the Bears 4th round pick out of Vandy a couple of years ago. Both are a little undersized to be considered elite, but were (are) really productive in college both at corner and in the return game.

Klein and Benton both have a shot as well, although they won't be drafted high. I don't think either of them is an elite athlete by NFL standards, but they're good enough athletes to make it.
    I think Osemele has to be one of the best NFL prospects we have EVER had.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by 04clone View Post

I don't know about that. I don't think it's a matter of that position, I think it's a matter of this draft not having many of those guys but having a lot of very good 3-4 LBers. Daquan Bowers is still on the board. He's a top 10 or 15 guy last year.

I agree with this somewhat. I also haven't done any research as to what corners will be coming out next year either. That's a position where someone always needs them so if there aren't many, then I think he could sneak in late in the second. He has to get better on down field coverage though. He is very physical and does well in the short field stuff but sometimes he get's burned. I really look forward to seeing where he goes this year.

I think Klein could be up there if the right team needs a middle linebacker. We have to keep in mind both he and Knott have two years left.

Or so I have read.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Clonefan32 View Post
    I think Osemele has to be one of the best NFL prospects we have EVER had.
    I think he has to be.

Hands down, Tate Forcier was the highlight heel last night. Every defensive Bog Ten player had a clip with him in it.

Or so I have read.

Pro
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 4

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Thought I saw Gabbert passing for a TD against the Clones also.
    Really? There wasn't a whole lot of scoring in last years game.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 508
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

I think it will help Johnson to have solid safeties to rely on instead of guys like Brandon Hunley. He hasn't had much help at all over the last few years on deep balls.

Pro
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 658
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 76

Quote Originally Posted by Clone5 View Post
    I think it will help Johnson to have solid safeties to rely on instead of guys like Brandon Hunley. He hasn't had much help at all over the last few years on deep balls.
    eh? james smith, Oconnell, Benton at nickle and corner, D sims... johnson has had help. he doesnt have that many picks because he doesnt see that many balls. the chances he had last year he just knocked them down, dropped a couple as well.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,105
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 545
    Given: 829

Quote Originally Posted by Clone5 View Post
    I'm pretty positive Huntley never played with LJ, and didn't get much PT for that matter anyway.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 647
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 122
    Given: 267

Im not sure we were better than those guys but agree that talent wise, especially when talking about underclassmen we have had more guys with pro potential. I agree the defense has a handful of potential pros, I think once we can say that about the offense (specifically at the skill positions) it will translate into beating those teams you mentioned consistently.