Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 4

NFL Draft Prediction Pool (Top 15)

Predict the top 15 picks in the correct order. There is probably more uncertainty than in any draft in previous years. Person with the most correct gets credits Chris??????

Pro
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 101
    Given: 41

Re: NFL Draft Prediction Pool (Top 15)

1. Austen Arnaud
    2-15. who cares

Speechless
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 302
    Given: 39

I started doing this but I have no clue. So many things could go so many ways.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.

Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 987
    Given: 82

Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    I started doing this but I have no clue. So many things could go so many ways.
    I agree. It's too bad the lockout has clouded things this year, because it's shaping up to be one of the most intriguing draft in years. Nobody is sure of what's going to happen. There are reports that now the Panthers are cooling on Netwon. Is that the truth? Or is it disinformation? Who knows? Nothing is nailed down.

"What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

"Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

"Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Janny View Post
    I agree. It's too bad the lockout has clouded things this year, because it's shaping up to be one of the most intriguing draft in years. Nobody is sure of what's going to happen. There are reports that now the Panthers are cooling on Netwon. Is that the truth? Or is it disinformation? Who knows? Nothing is nailed down.
    Who knows but I would probably take Gabbart over him. My hope is that he falls to the Niners (Gabbart) but I doubt it will happen. Of course, I still have a little faith that Alex Smith could be good with the talent he has around him and a little continuity so if you can't get Gabbart, grab the best defensive player not at safety or MLB and try to grab Mallet a little later. IMO, Mallett has the biggest upside if he can get out of his own head.

Or so I have read.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Who knows but I would probably take Gabbart over him. My hope is that he falls to the Niners (Gabbart) but I doubt it will happen. Of course, I still have a little faith that Alex Smith could be good with the talent he has around him and a little continuity so if you can't get Gabbart, grab the best defensive player not at safety or MLB and try to grab Mallet a little later. IMO, Mallett has the biggest upside if he can get out of his own head.
    The thing I don't like about Mallet, in addition to the off the field stuff, is his ability to perform under pressure. Granted, I did not watch a lot of Arkansas football last year, but watching him throw duck after duck when faced with blitzes in the Sugar Bowl was enough to put me off him. I realize that was just one game, but his play was bad enough in those circumstances to make me really leery about his ability to face an NFL defense. Throw in the fact that he's a headcase, and it would be hard for me to get excited if my team drafted him.

Then again, it's rumored that my team is interested in possibly drafting Jake Locker, so I might have a whole other set of issues to come to grips with.

-Simon Belmont

-Master Shake

-Lorem Ipsum

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

The thing I don't like about Mallet, in addition to the off the field stuff, is his ability to perform under pressure. Granted, I did not watch a lot of Arkansas football last year, but watching him throw duck after duck when faced with blitzes in the Sugar Bowl was enough to put me off him. I realize that was just one game, but his play was bad enough in those circumstances to make me really leery about his ability to face an NFL defense. Throw in the fact that he's a headcase, and it would be hard for me to get excited if my team drafted him.

Then again, it's rumored that my team is interested in possibly drafting Jake Locker, so I might have a whole other set of issues to come to grips with.
    I wouldn't draft Locker. Eff that.

Actually I would rather the Niner's traded a bunch of picks away and traded them all next year to get Luck rather than get anyone but Gabbart. I really don't want Cam but with Harbaugh there, I don't think I'll have to worry.

Or so I have read.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I wouldn't draft Locker. Eff that.

Actually I would rather the Niner's traded a bunch of picks away and traded them all next year to get Luck rather than get anyone but Gabbart. I really don't want Cam but with Harbaugh there, I don't think I'll have to worry.
    My hope is that Minnesota grabs a defensive end with their first round pick and then gets a guy like Dalton, Ponder, or Kaepernick with their second pick. They might have to move up a little with that second pick to do it, but I would be happy with any one of those guys.

-Simon Belmont

-Master Shake

-Lorem Ipsum

All-Star
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 174
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 18

My hope is that Minnesota grabs a defensive end with their first round pick and then gets a guy like Dalton, Ponder, or Kaepernick with their second pick. They might have to move up a little with that second pick to do it, but I would be happy with any one of those guys.
    Not sure about order here but does Minny have their 2nd round pick in the normal spot? If so I would think guys like Mallet and Locker would still be around in that mid-2nd round range. IMO once you get past Gabbert and Newton (who I'm not big on at all) the drop-off seems pretty steep.

I would say the Vikings would be much better off going after a veteran (McNabb, Palmer, or Kolb) if they could pull it off and draft a QB a little later that they could develop. If they reach and take Locker and expect him to come in and start right away, they will be in trouble for a while yet.

Pro
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 929
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 0

I wouldn't take any of the so-called top tier of quarterbacks (Newton, Locker, Gabbert, Mallett). I think Gabbert has the most potential to be a good pro out of that group but I definitely still have questions about him. The second group...guys like Ponder, Dalton and Stanzi...I think are safer picks.

Next year there will be another group of quarterbacks available...Luck, Nick Foles, Kirk Cousins, Kellen Moore, Landry Jones, Stephen Garcia, Brandon Weeden, possibly Matt Barkley...teams might hold off on taking a QB this year

Last edited by CyBroncos; 04-25-2011 at 08:11 PM.
    ABC - Always Be Closing

Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneGB View Post
    Not sure about order here but does Minny have their 2nd round pick in the normal spot? If so I would think guys like Mallet and Locker would still be around in that mid-2nd round range. IMO once you get past Gabbert and Newton (who I'm not big on at all) the drop-off seems pretty steep.

I would say the Vikings would be much better off going after a veteran (McNabb, Palmer, or Kolb) if they could pull it off and draft a QB a little later that they could develop. If they reach and take Locker and expect him to come in and start right away, they will be in trouble for a while yet.
    Mallet might, but Locker will be gone by then. He won't make it out of the first round.

And who knows if they'll be able to land any of those other QBs you listed? None of those guys are free agents and they can't even discuss player trades at this point, and even if they were able to discuss, there's no guarantee that those teams would be interested in anything the Vikings have to offer.

And then you factor in the Vikings stadium issues, and it introduces other problems. They need fan confidence to be high this year. They can't afford to have a question mark until mid summer when all this lockout stuff may or may not get resolved. Minnesota needs to come out of this draft with a rookie QB that they can sell as a franchise guy. If they're waiting on a free agent or trade to possibly happen, they are in big trouble. Ideally, they sign a guy like Ponder/Dalton/Kaepernick who could feasibly take the reins to start the season (although you hope they won't have to) and then hope they can lock down a vet if/when free agency starts.

-Simon Belmont

-Master Shake

-Lorem Ipsum

Legend
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 407
    Given: 721

Quote Originally Posted by CyBroncos View Post
    I wouldn't take any of the so-called top tier of quarterbacks (Newton, Locker, Gabbert, Mallett). I think Gabbert has the most potential to be a good pro out of that group but I definitely still have questions about him. The second group...guys like Ponder, Dalton and Stanzi...I think are safer picks.

Next year there will be another group of quarterbacks available...Luck, Nick Foles, Kirk Cousins, Kellen Moore, Landry Jones, Stephen Garcia, Brandon Weeden, possibly Matt Barkley...teams might hold off on taking a QB this year
    By next year at this time, those QBs will be put through the wringer and that class won't look near as good. I think Mallett is a far better QB than Jones or Weeden, Garcia's horribly inconsistent plus he benefits from having a great receiver, Barkley may not come out, and Kellen Moore is small, slow, and had two NFL receivers this year. Plus, most teams can't really count on having a chance at Luck next year, unless your team is looking epically bad this year.

I'd target Jake Locker in the middle of the first round this year, or grab Mallett if he drops. The Dalton hype has gotten a little out of hand IMO.

All-Star
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 658
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    By next year at this time, those QBs will be put through the wringer and that class won't look near as good. I think Mallett is a far better QB than Jones or Weeden, Garcia's horribly inconsistent plus he benefits from having a great receiver, Barkley may not come out, and Kellen Moore is small, slow, and had two NFL receivers this year. Plus, most teams can't really count on having a chance at Luck next year, unless your team is looking epically bad this year.

I'd target Jake Locker in the middle of the first round this year, or grab Mallett if he drops. The Dalton hype has gotten a little out of hand IMO.

Isn't Weeden like 27 years old too? Not really drafting much potential there

All-Star
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 658
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I wanted to see if anyone could come up with a top 15....I wanted to start a 1st round draft pool with some friends. 5 points for getting correct pick in correct spot, 4 points for being off one spot and so forth. It might be a little too overwhelming.

Asst. Regional Manager
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 425
    Given: 336

I think Scam Newton is still on the board.

@RandomGeoFacts