Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 291
    Given: 139

Arrow Explanation of new site features

Explanation of new site features

Many of you will have noticed the new member info that displays on each post in the forum. Here is a quick summary of the new features and what they represent.

Activity:
    This will be calculated off of the amount of posts you make and the amount of site visits you have over the past 3 weeks (rolling forward constantly). Your score is based off of visiting the site once a day (more than one visit/day doesn't help this score and no visits in a day hurts this score) and the number of posts you make each day.

Longevity:
    This will calculate how long you've been a member of the site and your score will increase over time. Pretty simple.

Today:
    I currently have this setup in a test state so you only see yourself but you will soon be able to see everybody else's score. When fully implemented, this will rate your activity for the day since 12:00am. This will reset every night at midnight so everybody has an equal chance to have a higher score each day.

Self explanatory. Total number of posts on the forums.

Rep Level: (the big question maker)
    This is the ranking your peers on the forum have given you. Each member accumulates "rep giving power" with each site visit and length of time being a member, as well as positive ratings by other members. With your (currently not visible) "rep power", you are able to rate other members and their "rep level" will be affected either positively or negatively by the number of "rep giving power" you have (ie you have 25 "rep power" and give somebody a positive rating, their score goes up by 25). Everybody will have a different "rep power" based off of their post frequency, length of membership, and based off of their rating by others. Your "rep level" will go up and down as members rate you. I have rules in place that you will not be able to vote on a member without first voting on 15 other members, you have to have a "rep level" of at least 20 before your votes count, and you will be able to accumulate more "rep giving power" by posting more frequently, visiting more, etc.

Please note that the new features will not be 100% accurate for about 7-10 days from now as I have them calculating based off time values and different formulas.

A program isn't built on one player and it doesn't succeed because of one player, thus a program won't fail if it doesn't get that one player.

Walk On
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Pretty neat features

I have not really seen a lot of those features in use anywhere before. You are doing a great job Jeremy!!

Right now I noticed the Today is only worth 4 points, will it be given a higher point total once fully implemented?

Last edited by sloaner; 08-15-2006 at 09:47 PM.

CF Founder
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 291
    Given: 139
    I think it just helps to bring the community together more by trying to let users monitor who's active and who has commonalities with themselves. CF is a community for Clones by Clones, I'm just trying to help in the way I know best

Thanks!!

A program isn't built on one player and it doesn't succeed because of one player, thus a program won't fail if it doesn't get that one player.