Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 89
    Given: 0

Talent Question

Where do our players rank compared to Garret his Jr. year?

Fred has brought in a lot of talent... How many of them could/should make Diante type improvements?

Pro
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 937
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 2

Re: Talent Question

I expect Allen to make a huge jump, as far as numbers are concerned. He needs to be a 15 ppg type guy for us.

R.I.P "Gibbons" 4/3/2012
    R.I.P RollsRoyce 4/12/2012

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,096
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 89

Yeah I was going to say Allen is the obvious candidate. But I'm interested in what like Babb and Booker can do here. Do we have any ballers who are just super talented, and could really thrive from Fred correcting their shot?

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 283
    Given: 37

Quote Originally Posted by RustShack View Post
    Yeah I was going to say Allen is the obvious candidate. But I'm interested in what like Babb and Booker can do here. Do we have any ballers who are just super talented, and could really thrive from Fred correcting their shot?
    I'm really excited about Sledge myself. I also think Ejim will make a big jump especially if he get's to play at the three a little more. DG, I felt, had a lot of talent. It was a matter of putting him in position to use it and him bringing the ball up and immediately getting rid of it didn't use it. Fred did. I still have a lot of questions on Booker. Also, perhaps Bubu makes a leap. I dont' think he will ever be a staple of the offense but if he can give us 5-10 minutes and be a threat shooting it, he could help us out, especially next year when we will only have one or two guys really suited to the PG spot.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    I'm really excited about Sledge myself. I also think Ejim will make a big jump especially if he get's to play at the three a little more. DG, I felt, had a lot of talent. It was a matter of putting him in position to use it and him bringing the ball up and immediately getting rid of it didn't use it. Fred did. I still have a lot of questions on Booker. Also, perhaps Bubu makes a leap. I dont' think he will ever be a staple of the offense but if he can give us 5-10 minutes and be a threat shooting it, he could help us out, especially next year when we will only have one or two guys really suited to the PG spot.

This may be the deepest team in a long time they are loaded and set for a good ru in NCAA.

Addict
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 1,047
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 147
    Given: 350

Quote Originally Posted by JCREEK View Post
    This may be the deepest team in a long time they are loaded and set for a good ru[n] in NCAA.
    It's certainly shaping up that way. I won't even try to guess about how far the team could go in the tournament ... but the minimum expectation should be to make the tournament.

It's cart-before-horse when much of the roster is sight-unseen in actual competition, despite what looks promising on paper.

"Scout-team" hype was an underlying story for a good chunk of the 2010-11 season to ease the pain of a frustrating record. So I expect next season to be a significant step up.

Starter
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Solid...

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 989
    Given: 524

It may be hard to tell from a statistical standpoint, as there doesn't need to be a singular focus for the offense. Who knows, though? I expect it to be somewhat like last year, where any player could go off for 20+ in any given game.

Pro
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,359
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 65

I think I'm most excited to see Babb. He can definitely shoot it, which is nice, but a defensive stopper at 6'5"? It's a guard's game, and he's going to make it really tough for the opposition.

Addict
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 845
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 137
    Given: 35

I don't care if ISU has 10 guys averaging 9 points / game.......I just want to see 25+ wins and a top 4 seed in the NCAA tourney. Wanting to make a road trip next march!!!

Starter
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 699
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

Someone mentioned Chris Allen and that's a no brainer. He will step up and average numbers like DG did his SR year.

The real unknown is Booker. He was highly ranked out of HS yet didn't produce much at his old school; it was said his game didn't mesh well with coaches style. He was an uptempo guy and the coach slowed it down. If this true and if he deserved the ranking out of HS he could really thrive under Freddy's new system. Nobody talks much about him but he "could" end up a key component of the team the next couple of years and put up good numbers. So Booker is the one that could really surprise in my mind; mostly because people really don't talk much about him.

Pro
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,821
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 3

Everybody keeps saying Ejim is a 3. He doesn't handle the ball very well and he can't shoot very well from outside. Furthermore, when he tried to take his man off the dribble and finish at the rim last season, he rarely converted. I really like Ejim and I think he has a good future, but right now, he is a good offensive rebounder and a nice hustle play/easy bucket guy. He has a ton of work to do and might be able to flourish in a different role, but at this point, he's just not skilled enough to play what most would consider a conventional 3 or wing position.

"Karl Malone love making up jokes. Karl Malone always say, 'laughter is the best Mexican.' "

-Jimmy Kimmel impersonating Karl Malone

Pro
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,215
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54

Quote Originally Posted by CylentButDeadly View Post
    Everybody keeps saying Ejim is a 3. He doesn't handle the ball very well and he can't shoot very well from outside. Furthermore, when he tried to take his man off the dribble and finish at the rim last season, he rarely converted. I really like Ejim and I think he has a good future, but right now, he is a good offensive rebounder and a nice hustle play/easy bucket guy. He has a ton of work to do and might be able to flourish in a different role, but at this point, he's just not skilled enough to play what most would consider a conventional 3 or wing position.
    You are assuming that his game is static and is not going to improve. I gaurantee the weakenesses you pointed out are the things that the coaches have him working on. Plus he was a pretty decent shooter in the non-con schedule. i think he shot somewhere close to 35% from threes in the non-con. I think gaurding the big guys in the big 12 really wore him down and he hit a freshman wall like most do. I think going forward he will be playing the three and when we go small he will play the four.

Pro
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,821
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 3

Quote Originally Posted by rholtgraves View Post
    You are assuming that his game is static and is not going to improve. I gaurantee the weakenesses you pointed out are the things that the coaches have him working on. Plus he was a pretty decent shooter in the non-con schedule. i think he shot somewhere close to 35% from threes in the non-con. I think gaurding the big guys in the big 12 really wore him down and he hit a freshman wall like most do. I think going forward he will be playing the three and when we go small he will play the four.
    Wow, thanks for reading what I actually wrote. Read the bolded portions again. Of course the guy will probably improve. Nowhere did I say that he's going to be the same player for four years. Come on man.

"Karl Malone love making up jokes. Karl Malone always say, 'laughter is the best Mexican.' "

-Jimmy Kimmel impersonating Karl Malone

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,148
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 129
    Given: 21

Agree completely on Ejim. Also, I think people expecting Allen to put up DG like numbers next season will be seriously disappointed. I expect Allen to be in the 11-13 ppg range. No one on this team is going to play the minutes DG played or have the ball in their hands as much. I think Scotty, Babb and Allen all will be pretty balanced in their scoring. Also Allen is not someone who can penetrate and create like DG can, he's a very good perimeter defender and spot up shooter but he's not going to be breaking down defenses one on one.