Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 320
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

This out of left field: Wisconsin hires Georgia native and Stanford Assistant

Pro
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 969
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 84

Re: This out of left field: Wisconsin hires Georgia native and Stanford Assistant

Oh thanks goodness, I was worried about Fennelly bolting for Wiscy

Last edited by djcubby; 04-12-2011 at 11:56 AM.

All-Star
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 125
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 4

Re: This out of left field: Wisconsin hires Georgia native and Stanford Assistant

She is the pedigree hire. She's had progressively greater responsibility and exposure in her career - Florida, Evansville, Western Carolina, Virginia Tech before returning to Stanford. Except for the weather, UW would be a good opportunity for her. It's been noted here before that the Big10 is ripe for picking if anyone can set up a top tier program. Even so, if he did in fact seriously interview, I'm a little surprised that Bollant didn't leave the Phoenix to become a Badger.

“We’ve got a pretty good football conference, and we’ve got a pretty good conference overall. We’re still walking around with our heads held high and our chest out, about that.” Paul Rhoads

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 125

Quote Originally Posted by BenEClone View Post
    She is the pedigree hire. She's had progressively greater responsibility and exposure in her career - Florida, Evansville, Western Carolina, Virginia Tech before returning to Stanford. Except for the weather, UW would be a good opportunity for her. It's been noted here before that the Big10 is ripe for picking if anyone can set up a top tier program. Even so, if he did in fact seriously interview, I'm a little surprised that Bollant didn't leave the Phoenix to become a Badger.
    Apparently Bollant never got the call back; according to the Green Bay Press Gazette, he would have left for Madison if offered the job.
    Perhaps it's good news for him - look what happened to Borseth. He was a god in Green Bay, then left to take the Michigan job, and now after four years of not making the NCAA's, he and his program are irrelevant in Ann Arbor.
    Gotta think Alvarez wanted to hire a female coach for a women's team, and I don't blame him. I probably would too.

Pro
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 566
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 32

definitely out of left field.

TMan, the unspoken truth right now is straight female coaches are the premium. If they are minority, even better. Honestly, I wouldn't complain to see another minority female on our staff.

All-Star
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 370
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 42

As I stated earlier (3/29): "Next WI BB coach could be the obvious OR a name totally unexpected."

Seeking a new coach the search panel was very open to find a qualified women to lead the Badger Women BB team. So I guess I am not totally shocked by Kelsey's hire.

However I feel, be it man or women, Bollant is an enormously keen observer of the game, has superior knowledge of his players and sharp a strategist. This guy can flat out coach and motivate. He will go to a Big Time school and succeed.