Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 580
    Given: 1,144

New/Changed Rules to CFB

It was listed in the Register today. I have put my two cents in on each, what do you all think?

Rule 6-1-1

Unless relocated by penalty, the kicking team's restraining line on kickoffs shall be the 30-yard line.

RATIONALE: This change will create more kickoff returns and therefore more action. This change will save about 1 minute from length of game time.

This will make for many 'big' plays. IMO, this helps ISU as we have had to cover kick offs all of last year.

Rule 3-2-5-e

When Team B is awarded a first down, the clock is stopped and starts on the snap.

RATIONALE: A rule change last year contributed to the elimination of about 16 plays and 15 minutes of elapsed time.

Great news!! the change to a continuous clock last year was a bummer: A lot less college football. This rule along side the one above, there will be more comebacks and heartbreaks this year.

Rule 3-2-2-h

Following television timeouts, the ready for play period will be 15 seconds.

RATIONALE: This will eliminate some dead time during televised games. The NCAA committee estimates this will save about 3 minutes.

Will this effect us? We don't seem to have lots of TV this year. Will we be ready for the BigXII championship clock management? All in all, I think it is a good thing.

Rule 3-3-7-a

For televised games, a team timeout is 30 seconds, plus the 25-second play clock.

RATIONALE: This eliminates 30 seconds from timeouts. Many timeouts are called to simply stop the clock. This will save 3-6 minutes on game length, depending on how many timeouts are used.

This, IMO, will keep a team up, versus the occasional let down when momentum is turning/taking place and timeout is called taking a full minute. Am I making sense here?!

Anyhoo, I am most happy about the stopped clock after a first down. I thought it was rough on the teams last year when things would get inside 3 minutes... it was really only 1 minute of game play.

- keep.

The first and best victory is to conquer self; to be conquered by self is of all things most shameful and vile. - Plato

May you only need 39 acres to turn your rig around. - keep

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 342
    Given: 243

Re: New/Changed Rules to CFB

Thanks for the summary. :)