Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 361
    Given: 65

DG

Looks like he had a good first game. He needs to play his way to the Chicago camp.

Facebook Mobile

Pro
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

Pro
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 972
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 21

Re: DG

Earn what's yours and play your way to a pay check DG!

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 479
    Given: 221

They measured him at 6'5" too. That would be a big plus for him.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,422
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 171
    Given: 14

Was happy to read that. I did find it funny that they said that he had to prove that his skinny body could take a beating from bigger players. He's done a lot to start to prove that it will since he never missed a game due to an injury and averaged probably 38 minutes in Big 12 games.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 274
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 21

Yesterday I was thinking how important DG's success here & in the NBA could positively affect ISU. I mean his game has blown up (comparatively) since CFH arrived. That combined with Freddys connections to the NBA has brought in some awesome potential (late years scout team).... If (I mean when) we experience some winning teams & solid NBA players its only going to keep building...

Now I dont expect to DG to blow up too much but making a good showing @ Portsmouth is good, getting drafted or making an NBA team would be even better.

Bottom line the better for DG the better for ISU

Pro
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 942
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 162

Quote Originally Posted by MrPeske View Post
    Yesterday I was thinking how important DG's success here & in the NBA could positively affect ISU. I mean his game has blown up (comparatively) since CFH arrived. That combined with Freddys connections to the NBA has brought in some awesome potential (late years scout team).... If (I mean when) we experience some winning teams & solid NBA players its only going to keep building...

Now I dont expect to DG to blow up too much but making a good showing @ Portsmouth is good, getting drafted or making an NBA team would be even better.

This. Unless CFH can point to actual NBA success stories when he's out on the recruiting trail, his talk of all his NBA connections won't carry all that much weight. Eventually, there will have to be evidence to back it up. DG could be Exhibit A for recruiting purposes. And, to a slightly lesser extent, if JVB or Jake can even get a training camp invite or a couple years playing overseas, he can point to them as success stories too.

And I just hope DG makes it. That guy was a rock for us last season.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by MrPeske View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jbindm View Post
    This. Unless CFH can point to actual NBA success stories when he's out on the recruiting trail, his talk of all his NBA connections won't carry all that much weight. Eventually, there will have to be evidence to back it up. DG could be Exhibit A for recruiting purposes. And, to a slightly lesser extent, if JVB or Jake can even get a training camp invite or a couple years playing overseas, he can point to them as success stories too.

And I just hope DG makes it. That guy was a rock for us last season.

Both good posts. I was arguing with some guys on HN about what Fred's NBA connections actually do for him, and how important it is in recruiting to be able to show prospect a "path to the pros." They were, of course, downplaying its importance, and attempting to make fun of Fred's "speed dial" line.

And while I realize that just knowing NBA GMs isn't going to guarantee that Iowa State players will get drafted, I think it's a very powerful pitch for Fred to look a recruit right in the eye and tell them that it was his job with the T-wolves to evaluate talent, and that if the NBA is the prospect's goal, Fred knows what it takes to get there. Knowing GMs doesn't mean that they're going to do Fred a solid and draft his players based on friendship, but it does mean that when Fred calls up a guy like Gar Forman of the Bulls, and says "Hey, you should keep your eye on Diante Garrett," Gar Forman is going to give the advice some consideration

Wear the fox hat.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 160
    Given: 0

I still can't help but compare DG's game with Rajon Rondo. Obviously DG is NOT Rajon Rondo at this point, so don't rip me apart, but I think that is the guy DG needs to attempt to become.

They are both tallish, slender, point guards that can pretty much get wherever they want to off the dribble. Neither shoots the ball all that well from distance, but they don't necessarily need to either. DG's game will be penetrate and dish to the superstars on the team. Make everyone else better. And on occasion, you can post up smaller point guards down low as well.

I hope DG gets drafted. It would be HUGE for Hoiberg's resume and recruiting.