Prospect
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Cyclone Club in Auburn, Alabama

Hello Forum Members,
    I am a first time poster long time reader. Unfortunately, I will be moving to Auburn University where I got a research position. That means I have to put up with Gene Chizik (ugh). However, does anyone know if there is a cyclone club or viewing group in or around Auburn, Alabama. I need to keep up with my fellow Cyclones or I may lose my sanity.

Thank you in advance.

Starter
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: Cyclone Club in Auburn, Alabama

Don't think they have one in Alabama. Might I suggest binge drinking while trying to deal with Chizik?

Prospect
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CONEClone View Post
    Don't think they have one in Alabama. Might I suggest binge drinking while trying to deal with Chizik?
    haha...i'll only binge drink if he pays my dad 180k. I just can't escape The Chiz.

Prospect
    Thumbs Up

Have fun dealing with their dumba** fans

All-Star
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 788
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 84
    Given: 129

Here's a link to all of the clubs and groups from the ISUAA: ISUAA National Clubs Program
    It doesn't look like there is one in Alabama currently.

Here's a link to all of the gamewatch locations: ISUAA Gamewatch Guide
    It also doesn't look like there is one in Alabama that I saw.

When I moved to Raleigh, NC there wasn't a club or gamewatch location. I wanted to get some people together for games so I contacted the ISUAA. Now I'm the gamewatch coordinator for the Raleigh-Durham area. Message me if you'd like some advice about starting a gamewatch location. The ISUAA will probably require either a large alumni base in the area, or a very strong gamewatch attendance before they sponsor a ISUAA Club in the area. In the Raleigh-Durham area there are 300 alumni that they know of and they still won't let us be an "official club", just a gamewatch location for now... which is fine by me. We get about a dozen people or so that come to gamewatches each week.

Being a gamewatch coordinator is pretty easy. The hardest part is finding a good sports bar for a location. Then its just a matter of sending the game info, time, etc. to the ISUAA contact and they send out an announcement to everyone within 100 miles or so of the event who wants to receive gamewatch info. There's also the occasional planning of events for things like the ISU Gymnastics team coming to town, or the WBB team playing in Durham - both of which I planned events for in the last few months.