Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 7

Call-in Show

Did anyone hear it last night? Was it just me or the first caller Jamie had to listen to just drive you nuts? The guy was soooooo slllloooowww to get to his point and then when JP tried to give him an explanation on the helmet situation he was interrupting and being rude. Especially when JP talked about the various online polls they were keeping an eye on the guy interupts really smarta$$-like "oh I find that hard to believe." Great way to start off the show huh? Too bad John didn't pull one of those "oops, looks like we just lost Bob" tricks and just disconnect him.

As for GC, good segment. Loved the part where they were talking about Carper and how they were helping groom him to be a coach and Gene says "he's eating it right off the cob."

Walk On Achievements:
    SocialVeteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Call-in Show

As I true lover of corn on the cob, I loved that statement by Chizik. It made me feel like he is a true Iowan and really knows what makes us all tick. Mr. Chizik, if you are reading this, I take my hat off to you. Well, actually I don't wear hats. It makes it very difficult to fit through doors. Sorry, inside joke.

Walk On
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 574
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Can someone give a quick recap of the call in show? I missed it...

All-Star
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 421
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28

And then Jamie's last call was about title IX and he was starting to get a bit argumentative but John was up against the clock so had no choice but to cut him.
    My wife and I want to go out there some night during the show. Does anyone know how soon you have to get there to get a seat??

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 265
    Given: 36

When was it on? CF was down, so I got no notice of JP being on....grrrrr....

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

Addict
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 7

Quote Originally Posted by wesley_w View Post
    And then Jamie's last call was about title IX and he was starting to get a bit argumentative but John was up against the clock so had no choice but to cut him.
    My wife and I want to go out there some night during the show. Does anyone know how soon you have to get there to get a seat??
    Yeah that was a dumb call too. JP was explaining it about as simple as you can get it and how money is the big factor to why we can't offer some sports like baseball. Some people just don't get it. I would think the guy in charge of the department knows more about the reasons behind it than the average fan...

The thing he kept hammering home was if someone wanted to fund the $1.5 mil a year for baseball then he'd bring it back right away. Football and Men's basketball basically fund most of our sports because on attendance alone those sports would likely not survive. So technically by us the fans supporting football and basketball even more we could generate some more funding if you think about it.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 631
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 52

Quote Originally Posted by travman23 View Post
    Yeah that was a dumb call too. JP was explaining it about as simple as you can get it and how money is the big factor to why we can't offer some sports like baseball. Some people just don't get it. I would think the guy in charge of the department knows more about the reasons behind it than the average fan...

The thing he kept hammering home was if someone wanted to fund the $1.5 mil a year for baseball then he'd bring it back right away. Football and Men's basketball basically fund most of our sports because on attendance alone those sports would likely not survive. So technically by us the fans supporting football and basketball even more we could generate some more funding if you think about it.
    And in reality he probably wouldn't even do it then either, he was just saying that. Because we would then need more money for another women's sports team in order to stay in compliance with title IX. Like you said, it really isn't hard to understand.

All-Star
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 421
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28

One thing Jamie said that suprised me was that UConn is the only womens basketball team in the nation that makes money. He said even Tennessee is in the red.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 142
    Given: 216

The call in show starts @ 6:30 on Mondays. I'm not sure they will be on next Monday with the holiday. I think they have a guest until 7 and then Chizik until 8. It was on KXNO and also 101.1FM in M-town, I'm not sure if all the ISU network stations carry it. The first caller was a jerk, but Pollard handled it way better than I would have. Pollard wouldn't say what the intro would be, but it would be different. He really wants everyone in the stadium on time and making noise. He also stated they will probably need a lead donor for the south bowl in, but the increase inseason tickets will help. Chizik was very good with the callers and mentioned what good job Alvin Bowen is doing with raising his little brother with school and football. I think they will name captains today. Let me think - Meyer, Blythe, Bowen will probably be good start.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 142
    Given: 216

I forgot we couldn't have a show without a baseball call.