Doug McDermott-harrison barnes
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Bench Warmer
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Doug McDermott-harrison barnes

I hope all of you barnes and unc lovers are cheering for Creighton to win the CBI. Doug is a Iowa kid, an Ames graduate, a freshman All-American. And has better stats then barnes. 15 points, 7.6 rebounds, FG% 52% . barnes-15.7 points, 5.8 rebounds, FG% 43%. Yet I've never seen a McDermott post on here.

All-Star
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 842
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: Doug McDermott-harrison barnes

There's no denying that both are great players, but Barnes was the #1 recruit in the nation, so he's obviously going to draw more attention.

Doug seems to be a very solid player at the college level, so it makes me wonder why Greg steered him away from committing to ISU before he left. Did he think his son wouldn't be able to contribute @ ISU or did he already fear the end was near?.......interesting to think about.

- “I’m not a spin my wheels type of guy." - Coach Paul Rhoads

Bench Warmer
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Jonecy View Post
    There's no denying that both are great players, but Barnes was the #1 recruit in the nation, so he's obviously going to draw more attention.

Doug seems to be a very solid player at the college level, so it makes me wonder why Greg steered him away from committing to ISU before he left. Did he think his son wouldn't be able to contribute @ ISU or did he already fear the end was near?.......interesting to think about.
    I'm sure he knew he would be long gone.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 251
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 17

Quote Originally Posted by simesclone View Post
    I hope all of you barnes and unc lovers are cheering for Creighton to win the CBI. Doug is a Iowa kid, an Ames graduate, a freshman All-American. And has better stats then barnes. 15 points, 7.6 rebounds, FG% 52% . barnes-15.7 points, 5.8 rebounds, FG% 43%. Yet I've never seen a McDermott post on here.
    Good for Doug, but let's get real. UNC played against a top 10 SOS while Creighton's was middle of the pack at best.

Greg advised his son well to avoid a steady diet of Big 12 front lines and elect to play against MVC post players who don't measure up in terms of size/athleticism. The same holds for the teams that CU is playing in the CBI - Oregon is woefully undersized and Davidson's front line featured the immortal Clinton Mann.

Addict
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,306
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 43

Doug is well liked and respected on this board IMO.

I know I hope he does well in his career. Only problem is his dad ran our program into the ground so I suspect a lot of people aren't rooting for Creighton but I bet most people hope Doug tears it up.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 765
    Given: 385

I'm happy he is doing well, but if one person in the world knew if he was good enough to play in the Big 12 or not is was his dad. He is a phenomenal young player in the MVC.

Addict
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 6

Could not care less about anyone not playing for ISU.

The end.

Carrying the banner for ISU.

Bench Warmer
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Good for Doug, but let's get real. UNC played against a top 10 SOS while Creighton's was middle of the pack at best.

Greg advised his son well to avoid a steady diet of Big 12 front lines and elect to play against MVC post players who don't measure up in terms of size/athleticism. The same holds for the teams that CU is playing in the CBI - Oregon is woefully undersized and Davidson's front line featured the immortal Clinton Mann.
    You do know that barnes stunk in the pre-conference against the good teams they played. When they got into the crappy ACC he got better and raised his p.p.g for the year to almost 16 (wow).

Bench Warmer
    Thumbs Up

You do know that barnes stunk in the pre-conference against the good teams they played. When they got into the crappy ACC he got better and raised his p.p.g for the year to almost 16 (wow).
    I didn't think many barnes fans would have a reply.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 251
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 17

So if the ACC gets a "crappy" label for being the 5th ranked conference, what does the MVC get for being 12th?

RealTimeRPI.com Men's College Basketball Rating Percentage Index (RPI) Ratings - A leading sports ratings and resources community on the Internet

Rookie
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 572
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 10

I didn't think many barnes fans would have a reply.
    No, people just don't want to reply to a clown like you. What are you? 12? I'm curious how many times you put 40 up against a division one basketball team? High school isn't out for a couple of months, not very nice to go against mom's bedtime orders.

Addict
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 374
    Given: 331

That increase in production was also after Marshall became the point guard. Think that's just a coincidence? Larry Drew held that team back so much it wasn't even funny. And you really think that the ACC isn't better than the MVC? Are you really willing to take your contempt for Barnes THAT far?

As mentioned, Doug is Greg's son, so there's a slightly different context there. Barnes is also much higher profile, to put it in simple terms.

And to the poster who asked why Greg steered Doug away from ISU: I'm not saying that Doug didn't see the writing on the wall, but it can't be easy to coach your own son at this level, either. Ferentz gets away with it because his sons have been linemen. But look at Dan/Cody Hawkins at Colorado. In basketball, there aren't really any players that are the same kind of "unsung player" as an offensive lineman in football. If Doug didn't perform, things would have gotten very ugly, very quickly for both of Greg and Doug. Just another possible explanation.

“Hawks tell us we have no future, and we let you know what we think of Hawk fans, which is a lower opinion all the time.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

“With the exception of tm3308. He is a good contributor on this site. It is almost to the point that I question if he is actually a hawk fan. ” -- Cyclonestate78 7/25/2011

“He broke the mold. If he wrote the OP, I would have read the whole thing.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

Bench Warmer
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Illiniclone View Post
    No, people just don't want to reply to a clown like you. What are you? 12? I'm curious how many times you put 40 up against a division one basketball team? High school isn't out for a couple of months, not very nice to go against mom's bedtime orders.
    Hey, we have a F.I.B here. I don't know how to reply because you don't make sense. Add those 40 to the rest of his total for the year and it still adds up to 15.7 points average. Wow.

Bench Warmer
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by tm3308 View Post
    That increase in production was also after Marshall became the point guard. Think that's just a coincidence? Larry Drew held that team back so much it wasn't even funny. And you really think that the ACC isn't better than the MVC? Are you really willing to take your contempt for Barnes THAT far?

As mentioned, Doug is Greg's son, so there's a slightly different context there. Barnes is also much higher profile, to put it in simple terms.

And to the poster who asked why Greg steered Doug away from ISU: I'm not saying that Doug didn't see the writing on the wall, but it can't be easy to coach your own son at this level, either. Ferentz gets away with it because his sons have been linemen. But look at Dan/Cody Hawkins at Colorado. In basketball, there aren't really any players that are the same kind of "unsung player" as an offensive lineman in football. If Doug didn't perform, things would have gotten very ugly, very quickly for both of Greg and Doug. Just another possible explanation.
    All I heard was how barnes could play in the NBA besides his sorry stats because he could " create his own shot ". Now your'e saying he needed a point guard to get shots for him?

Bench Warmer
    Thumbs Up

Hey, we have a F.I.B here. I don't know how to reply because you don't make sense. Add those 40 to the rest of his total for the year and it still adds up to 15.7 points average. Wow.
    Hey F.I.B. His assist average is 1.4 apg. Wow.