Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 98,437, Level: 97
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 613
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    FDWxMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    2,181
    Points
    98,437
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 20

    More Twins Roster Moves

    Hughes to AAA, Tolbert will be utility inf
    Manship and Perkins likely grabbing final two bullpen spots.
    Nathan will be closer.

    Roster Moves

    Not sure I'm comfortable with Nathan as the starter right out of the shoot. Not that Capps is exactly superman, but he hasn't given up a run yet, and reports are Nathan really has no consistency with his breaking balls yet.

    Just seems like Gardy made a few decisions before camp started, results be damned.



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 37,955, Level: 60
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,095
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CycloneNorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    2,111
    Points
    37,955
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 7

    Re: More Twins Roster Moves

    Probably a good thing that Hughes will be getting a lot of at bats. I really wish I could watch Twin's games here in Ames.



  3. #3
    Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    490
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: More Twins Roster Moves

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneNorth View Post
    Probably a good thing that Hughes will be getting a lot of at bats. I really wish I could watch Twin's games here in Ames.
    You should check out MLB.tv on line. Not that expensive. Did it last year and will do it again this season.



  4. #4
    Asst. Regional Manager
    Points: 227,114, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mj4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    16,189
    Points
    227,114
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 418
    Given: 332

    Re: More Twins Roster Moves

    How much is mlbtv?


    @RandomGeoFacts

  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 98,437, Level: 97
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 613
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    FDWxMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    2,181
    Points
    98,437
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 20

    Re: More Twins Roster Moves

    Quote Originally Posted by mj4cy View Post
    How much is mlbtv?
    Depending on the features, either $99.99 or $119.99 which is about $99.99 or $119.99 too much if you plan on watching the Twins in Iowa.

    Or the Cubs, White Sox, Brewers, Royals or Cardinals for that matter.

    You will be blacked out. Every game.



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 23,520, Level: 46
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    HGPuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,100
    Points
    23,520
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 0

    Re: More Twins Roster Moves

    The only way that I know to see almost all the Twins games in Ames/Des Moines, is to get the Sports Pack on Dish/DirectTV that includes all the Fox Sports Nets so you get Fox Sports North. We do it with Dish and I think the package is six or seven dollars a month.


    When all is said and done, more is said than done

  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 17,727, Level: 40
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 323
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,313
    Points
    17,727
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 1

    Re: More Twins Roster Moves

    Quote Originally Posted by HGPuck View Post
    The only way that I know to see almost all the Twins games in Ames/Des Moines, is to get the Sports Pack on Dish/DirectTV that includes all the Fox Sports Nets so you get Fox Sports North. We do it with Dish and I think the package is six or seven dollars a month.

    I get the sports pack on DirecTV and don't get the Twins game on the Fox Sports channels because baseball games are all blacked out on all the Fox Sports channels. You have to subscribe to the MLB baseball package to be able to watch them. I don't think you have to be a Sports Pack subscriber to get the MLB package, but I'm not sure about that. I just know that Sports Pack alone is not enough to get you MLB baseball games.



  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 23,520, Level: 46
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    HGPuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,100
    Points
    23,520
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 0

    Re: More Twins Roster Moves

    That reminds me, you have to have a telephone line hooked up to your dish receiver to not be blacked out from the 'in-market' games, still blacked out on the out of market. But we live just south of Ames, have Dish Network with the Sports Pack, and get all the 'in-market' games on the Fox Sports Net channels, Twins, Cards, White Sox, Royals, Cubs, Brewers, ect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolarcy View Post
    I get the sports pack on DirecTV and don't get the Twins game on the Fox Sports channels because baseball games are all blacked out on all the Fox Sports channels. You have to subscribe to the MLB baseball package to be able to watch them. I don't think you have to be a Sports Pack subscriber to get the MLB package, but I'm not sure about that. I just know that Sports Pack alone is not enough to get you MLB baseball games.


    When all is said and done, more is said than done

  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 117,757, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RING4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    6,475
    Points
    117,757
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 81

    Re: More Twins Roster Moves

    Quote Originally Posted by HGPuck View Post
    That reminds me, you have to have a telephone line hooked up to your dish receiver to not be blacked out from the 'in-market' games, still blacked out on the out of market. But we live just south of Ames, have Dish Network with the Sports Pack, and get all the 'in-market' games on the Fox Sports Net channels, Twins, Cards, White Sox, Royals, Cubs, Brewers, ect.
    I have never had to hook up a phone line to the receiver. I just call DirecTV and ask for Fox Sports Net North specifically for Twins games. $7 a month.




  10. #10
    All-Star
    Points: 23,520, Level: 46
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    HGPuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,100
    Points
    23,520
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 0

    Re: More Twins Roster Moves

    Yeah I was wondering if this was still necessary. We had to do it when we first got it, maybe five years ago. We just have never unhooked it because it still works.
    Quote Originally Posted by RING4CY View Post
    I have never had to hook up a phone line to the receiver. I just call DirecTV and ask for Fox Sports Net North specifically for Twins games. $7 a month.


    When all is said and done, more is said than done

  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 23,520, Level: 46
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    HGPuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,100
    Points
    23,520
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 0

    Re: More Twins Roster Moves

    As an aside, I also have access to MLB.tv for out of market games and if I'm not at home. And there are a few wireless networks in central Iowa that I have found that I can watch Twins games and some where I can not (blacked out). No idea what causes this, but it might be worth looking into for some.


    When all is said and done, more is said than done

  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 73,184, Level: 84
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,666
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    ItsCyence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Brookings, SD
    Posts
    3,310
    Points
    73,184
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 39

    Re: More Twins Roster Moves

    What bothers me is that DirecTV doesn't give us around Des Moines FSN North (unless you have the MOST expensive package). I typed in my old zip code in FD and they give FSN North AND Comcast in the cheapest package. That kind of irks me.



  13. #13
    All-Star
    Points: 15,771, Level: 38
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 679
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Dormeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    1,158
    Points
    15,771
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

    Re: More Twins Roster Moves

    Quote Originally Posted by HGPuck View Post
    That reminds me, you have to have a telephone line hooked up to your dish receiver to not be blacked out from the 'in-market' games, still blacked out on the out of market. But we live just south of Ames, have Dish Network with the Sports Pack, and get all the 'in-market' games on the Fox Sports Net channels, Twins, Cards, White Sox, Royals, Cubs, Brewers, ect.
    Can you explain this phone hook up thing a little more? I am planning to switch to DirecTV within the next month with the intention of subscribing to the sports pack (with the specific goal of to watch all the Twins games). I assumed doing this the Twins games would not be blacked out as I'm "in market" for them (Cedar Rapids). Do I need a phone line hook-up for these to not be blacked out? I don't have land line phone service, is this required for this to work?



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 29,739, Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,736
    Points
    29,739
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 3

    Re: More Twins Roster Moves

    Twins trade Billy Bullock to the Braves in order to keep Scott Diamond.
    Twins Retain Rule 5 Pick Scott Diamond | twinsbaseball.com: Official Info
    Bullocks minor league line: Billy Bullock Minor League Statistics & History - Baseball-Reference.com

    Poor trade in my opinion, Bullock is much more highly regarded, falling in the 8-15 range of Twins prospects whereas I've seen Diamond ranked no higher than mid 20's. Evidently Twins view Diamond as starter which makes me think someone on the major league team will be getting dealt in the next few months. Slowey is already in the bullpen, Gibson almost ready this move makes little sense unless someone else is going to get traded away.



  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 42,287, Level: 63
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 663
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,666
    Points
    42,287
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 11

    Re: More Twins Roster Moves

    Quote Originally Posted by Iastfan112 View Post
    Twins trade Billy Bullock to the Braves in order to keep Scott Diamond.
    Twins Retain Rule 5 Pick Scott Diamond | twinsbaseball.com: Official Info
    Bullocks minor league line: Billy Bullock Minor League Statistics & History - Baseball-Reference.com

    Poor trade in my opinion, Bullock is much more highly regarded, falling in the 8-15 range of Twins prospects whereas I've seen Diamond ranked no higher than mid 20's. Evidently Twins view Diamond as starter which makes me think someone on the major league team will be getting dealt in the next few months. Slowey is already in the bullpen, Gibson almost ready this move makes little sense unless someone else is going to get traded away.
    It's hard to tell if the Twins made the move because they value Diamond, have cooled on Bullock, or a combination of both.

    Bullock has issues with control which makes it hard to project him as a legitimate candidate with the Twins. WHIP is a key statistic and his numbers have climbed throughout his career as he moves up the ladder.

    Diamond does have better numbers while making a good showing at AAA as opposed to AA with Bullock. He is also a lefty which the Twins are always going after.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM