Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Chuck Fans....Urgent Action Required!

NBC's tv show Chuck is in serious jeopardy of being canceled after its fourth season ends this may. If you love this show as much as I do, check out this video and spread the word!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsF6wvBiJrU]YouTube - Chuck Promo - Save Our Show[/ame]

"It's not my fault that an opposing player isn't as strong as me" - Marcus Fizer

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82

Re: Chuck Fans....Urgent Action Required!

This show is on the chopping block every year. It's just not popular enough. And the best work the chick has ever done was in Mass Effect 2. I went there.

All-Star
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,044
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 1

I really liked the show in the first two seasons, but the writing has seriously gone down hill the last two seasons. I'd like Chuck to stick around, but won't be surprised if it doesn't make it.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 253
    Given: 107

This is now one of my favorite tv shows. I downloaded the entire series and caught up with it over a couple months recently. Love the chemistry of the cast between Chuck\Sarah\Casey. And wow is there some potential for what's coming soon, especially with Volkoff (Timothy Dalton) coming back into the picture very soon, and some very interesting developments with Ellie.

Its very much on the bubble this year, same as previous years. Most sources say it could go either way, but WB (the producing studio) really wants to get another season out of this one, for syndication purposes. Chuck's had worse ratings, but at the same time, so has NBC in general. Due to that, just like the idea that you dont have to outrun the bear, you just have to outrun the others with you, its not 'how fast can chuck run' to escape the cancellation bear, but 'can it outrun the other shows on NBC'. NBC has already cancelled a big chunk of its lineup and has some other shows (event, perfect couples, outsourced) that are almost certain to get eaten by the cancellation bear. Also, unless NBC has some stellar pilots come back it may find it a better choice to stick with a known quantity like chuck rather than fill in with one of its lower-end pilots that may itself bomb.

Theyve really shot themselves in the foot though with their lack online streaming. With any serialized show like this where new viewers cant just jump in at the middle, youve gotta allow them some way to catch up. Chuck not having any option to stream this show, at very least the first season to get people into it (then they can make the call whether to buy season 2\3 dvds), really hurts that.

As a side note, the final episode of the season (and series if it doesnt get renewed) is titled "Chuck vs. the Cliffhanger". That may speak of a little confidence on the writers part.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ISU_phoria View Post
    I really liked the show in the first two seasons, but the writing has seriously gone down hill the last two seasons. I'd like Chuck to stick around, but won't be surprised if it doesn't make it.
    Ive actually liked it in season 4... season 3 though, the first half was a mess.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by BryceC View Post
    This show is on the chopping block every year. It's just not popular enough. And the best work the chick has ever done was in Mass Effect 2. I went there.

(and i loved ME2)

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 648
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 140

Let me Chuck stay. ( I know it's getting old, but I had to get it in before anyone else did )

Pro
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,837
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 96

Quote Originally Posted by alarson View Post
    This is now one of my favorite tv shows. I downloaded the entire series and caught up with it over a couple months recently. Love the chemistry of the cast between Chuck\Sarah\Casey. And wow is there some potential for what's coming soon, especially with Volkoff (Timothy Dalton) coming back into the picture very soon, and some very interesting developments with Ellie.

Its very much on the bubble this year, same as previous years. Most sources say it could go either way, but WB (the producing studio) really wants to get another season out of this one, for syndication purposes. Chuck's had worse ratings, but at the same time, so has NBC in general. Due to that, just like the idea that you dont have to outrun the bear, you just have to outrun the others with you, its not 'how fast can chuck run' to escape the cancellation bear, but 'can it outrun the other shows on NBC'. NBC has already cancelled a big chunk of its lineup and has some other shows (event, perfect couples, outsourced) that are almost certain to get eaten by the cancellation bear. Also, unless NBC has some stellar pilots come back it may find it a better choice to stick with a known quantity like chuck rather than fill in with one of its lower-end pilots that may itself bomb.

Theyve really shot themselves in the foot though with their lack online streaming. With any serialized show like this where new viewers cant just jump in at the middle, youve gotta allow them some way to catch up. Chuck not having any option to stream this show, at very least the first season to get people into it (then they can make the call whether to buy season 2\3 dvds), really hurts that.

As a side note, the final episode of the season (and series if it doesnt get renewed) is titled "Chuck vs. the Cliffhanger". That may speak of a little confidence on the writers part.

I honestly wonder if the head honchos at NBC drink a couple shots of "stupid juice" with their coffee every single morning. They are just a complete mess. I do like Chuck and I hope it sticks around, but I'm not holding my breath. If it does go, hopefully it will have a good ending to it. As for "The Event", I do enjoy that show quite a bit, but the idiots in charge did the same thing with it this season that ABC did with "Flash Forward" last season...pull it off the air for three months right in the middle of the season so they can air complete and utter ***** like "The Cape".

What kind of qualifications do you need to be a studio executive anyway? Serious question, there seems to be a large void of any common sense with these people.

"The fact that anybody can say anything does not mean that anything anybody says is worth hearing"

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ISUChippewa View Post
    I honestly wonder if the head honchos at NBC drink a couple shots of "stupid juice" with their coffee every single morning. They are just a complete mess. I do like Chuck and I hope it sticks around, but I'm not holding my breath. If it does go, hopefully it will have a good ending to it. As for "The Event", I do enjoy that show quite a bit, but the idiots in charge did the same thing with it this season that ABC did with "Flash Forward" last season...pull it off the air for three months right in the middle of the season so they can air complete and utter ***** like "The Cape".

What kind of qualifications do you need to be a studio executive anyway? Serious question, there seems to be a large void of any common sense with these people.
    No kidding.

Or look at the walking dead over on AMC. Huge hit. 6 episodes then off the air for a year. I hope that doesnt kill what was otherwise a very good show. And its not like its getting help from shows around it in the ratings, The Event isnt exactly drawing in the viewers.

Chuck has always suffered from a lack of promotional help from NBC too (likely thanks to the fact that it doesnt produce the show). 8 billion ads for Parenthood, but maybe one ad for chuck during chuck and then one during the Late Show.

I find it odd because other networks seem to think the spy show genre can work - look at NBC trying out Undercovers and CBS adding Chaos, but yet theyve given very little support to Chuck through its entire series.

Honestly im kinda hoping they do it like fox just did with fringe. Move it to Friday and give it a full season order. It has enough dedicated fans to give it decent ratings, and those wont look as bad on a friday night. Shows tend to die on Friday night, but i think one more season oughta be enough to close out chuck.

All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

I've been watching Chuck for a while now, and it's my favorite show on TV. It kind of pains me to admit it, but it just doesn't have the fan base that a quality show like this deserves. Doesn't help that it's put in a horrible time slot where it's having to fight with Monday Night Football in the Fall/Winter, Dancing with the Stars, and How I Met Your Mother... all of which draws viewers away. The best we can do is to just keep watching, buy the DVDs, and make noise on the internet. Chuck has a strong consistant fanbase, but NBC has their head up their rears and is going through a change in ownership. I just really hope that the one consistant show they have and have had for the past 4 years isn't going to get canceled because of a lack of views in a unfavorable slot.

That being said, I'm excited for the rest of the season, with Chuck and Sara getting married, and I hope NBC orders a full 24 for next season. I can't see it going more than 1 more full season, but I wish it would. Great writers, great actors (despite what BryceC said above, Yvonne is a great actress), and a different and interesting story.

All-Star
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 16

It's up against DWTS and the comedies on CBS which consistently beat Chuck in the ratings, so obviously people aren't watching.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...tays-low/86722

Pro
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 3

Quote Originally Posted by Three4Cy View Post
    It's up against DWTS and the comedies on CBS which consistently beat Chuck in the ratings, so obviously people aren't watching.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...tays-low/86722
    Also House on Fox probably hits Chuck's ratings a bit.

All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Iastfan112 View Post
    Also House on Fox probably hits Chuck's ratings a bit.
    Exactly. Hard to compete in one of the hardest time slots in the week.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Exactly. Nbc is probably lucky to get what it does from chuck.. that timeslot is brutal. NBC might be just as well keeping chuck there, a new show with no established fanbase could easily do much worse there.

Last edited by alarson; 03-25-2011 at 09:40 PM.

Starter
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 339
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by alarson View Post
    Exactly. Nbc is probably lucky to get what it does from chuck.. that timeslot is brutal. NBC might be just as well keeping chuck there, a new show with no established fanbase could easily do much worse there.
    I think you're right but we'll see if NBC feels the same way!

"It's not my fault that an opposing player isn't as strong as me" - Marcus Fizer