Thread: Lutz

Prospect
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Lutz

Any chance that the reason coach lutz came to Iowa State is because he also is trying to get to the NBA in some capacity?? I am sure he thinks Hoiberg would be someone who could help him with that if he spends a couple years working for him.. just a thought

Pro
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 10
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 1

Re: Lutz

Some of you guys act like Hoiberg was the commish of the NBA. To answer your question no.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 607
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 11

Nope.

Pro
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 18

I doubt it.

I think Lutz likes college ball, I think he saw the chance to be instrumental in something that could be very big, I think he saw the career advancement he could get by getting some time in the Big 12 on the coaching bench, I think he saw the financial benefit of getting paid buy out plus assistant cash, I think he probably heard about FH from people that are mutual acquaintances that made him realize it'd be a good work environment. I think he saw a lot of things, but I don't think the NBA was one of them.

When it comes down to it he wants to be in coaching at the college level and the stars aligned right to have him join ISU as an assistant instead of sitting at home taking a couple years off. If this program is back to the NCAA next year and competing in the top 3 or the Big 12 Lutz will have positioned himself to get to a head coaching job in one of the power conferences IMO.

"Blamo"! The new CF approved swear word.

Pro
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 95

Quote Originally Posted by vmbplayer View Post
    I doubt it.

I think Lutz likes college ball, I think he saw the chance to be instrumental in something that could be very big, I think he saw the career advancement he could get by getting some time in the Big 12 on the coaching bench, I think he saw the financial benefit of getting paid buy out plus assistant cash, I think he probably heard about FH from people that are mutual acquaintances that made him realize it'd be a good work environment. I think he saw a lot of things, but I don't think the NBA was one of them.

When it comes down to it he wants to be in coaching at the college level and the stars aligned right to have him join ISU as an assistant instead of sitting at home taking a couple years off. If this program is back to the NCAA next year and competing in the top 3 or the Big 12 Lutz will have positioned himself to get to a head coaching job in one of the power conferences IMO.
    Going off what you said VMB, I think Lutz needed to gather himself after being let go from Charlotte. Lutz grew up in North Carolina and also coached at three different univerisities in the state. Coming to Ames, was not only a great way for Fred to learn from Lutz, but for Lutz to learn how the game of basketball perceived outside of one of the biggest basketball states in the U.S. Getting outside of his comfort zone and finding success in Ames should translate to some great college jobs down the road for him.