Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 133

Was in Iowa City today, unfortunately.

My lil bro is entering his frosh year at Iowa, he happens to live in a dorm that is highly populated with underclassmen athletes. Hes told me about meeting several basketball players and many football players.

We went up there to take him a couch that we had for his room. We saw Jordan "Morris" Berstein in his hall. We also saw the two frosh from Humbolt, Neilson and the other dude.

The best part of the day was when we were leaving the dorm, we were walking out the dorm building and were behind someone my wife assumed was a football player and she wispered to me, "Where's the vodka bottles?". I immediately shushed her, evn though noone heard. About 30 seconds later once we got in the car, i said something to the tune of " nice babe, you obviously didnt realize that was ARVELL NELSON!" She busted out laughing and so did I.

My brother also tells me that Alex Kanellis is DONE at Iowa, too many concusions. He said he got one last week while lifting weights and hit his head.

He was greatchild hood friends with Julian VanDeVelde, their starting LG so he might hear so good nuggets from him. So I told him he has to get me all the dirt on the Iowa program that he hears in the halls.

#BEATIOWA

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 527
    Given: 367

Re: Was in Iowa City today, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by ripvdub View Post
    My lil bro is entering his frosh year at Iowa, he happens to live in a dorm that is highly populated with underclassmen athletes. Hes told me about meeting several basketball players and many football players.

We went up there to take him a couch that we had for his room. We saw Jordan "Morris" Berstein in his hall. We also saw the two frosh from Humbolt, Neilson and the other dude.

The best part of the day was when we were leaving the dorm, we were walking out the dorm building and were behind someone my wife assumed was a football player and she wispered to me, "Where's the vodka bottles?". I immediately shushed her, evn though noone heard. About 30 seconds later once we got in the car, i said something to the tune of " nice babe, you obviously didnt realize that was ARVELL NELSON!" She busted out laughing and so did I.

My brother also tells me that Alex Kanellis is DONE at Iowa, too many concusions. He said he got one last week while lifting weights and hit his head.

He was greatchild hood friends with Julian VanDeVelde, their starting LG so he might hear so good nuggets from him. So I told him he has to get me all the dirt on the Iowa program that he hears in the halls.
    Tell him to get a CF username and feed ALL OF US the dirt!

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Rookie Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I second that

Pro
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 516
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 6

I want the dirt, as in inside info on the Iowa FB program, but I don't want anything to do with busting college kids for things like drinking. I mean I did it PLENTY of boozing when I was underage.....last thing I want to do is deprive these kids of the same fun I had when I was in school.

All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Actually, have him send "the dirt" to the "non-Des Moines Red Star" press, as well as the NCAA. And then tell us about it, later.

All-Star
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 418
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 9

Unhappy Re: Was in Iowa City today, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by ripvdub View Post
    My lil bro is entering his frosh year at Iowa.
    My thoughts are with the family in your time of pain...

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain

Pro Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Clone9 View Post
    I want the dirt, as in inside info on the Iowa FB program, but I don't want anything to do with busting college kids for things like drinking. I mean I did it PLENTY of boozing when I was underage.....last thing I want to do is deprive these kids of the same fun I had when I was in school.
    Did you have a full ride scholarship to play football?