Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Deace was talking about a move to the Big Ten

Yesterday for ISU. He seemed to indicate that John Walters had talked about this in the first hour on KXNO yesterday. I did not hear the first hour. What did John Walters have to say on this topic and why was Deace bringing it up again? Are there any credible sources even discussing this as a possibility?

URBCLONE

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 44

Re: Deace was talking about a move to the Big Ten

I used to really enjoy listening to Deace, but he is quickly becoming infected with the Hawk flu. He used to be ISU ISU ISU even though he admitted that Michigan was his favorite team. Now all I hear is how the Pukes are going at worst 11-1 and we are going to be lucky to go 6-5. Then I turned him on the other day and who is he interviewing????????????? That Pukeye Drunk wannabee sports announcer that has the common sense of a tadpole.......Zipperhead Zabel talking about all of Iowa's great season. Who the Hell cares about the Pukes and especially who cares about Zabel's opinion. With Cyclone Fanatic, I haven't had much desire to visit the C Nation, but he put a nail in that coffin as well as me listening to him anymore, or at least until he is healed of the EIU virus..................It's sickening >:(

Recruit
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 188
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

He was just killing time during a slow sports period. He doesn't believe it will happen, just throwing it out there to see what arguements, pro-and-con, his listeners would come up with.

Pro
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 722
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Agreed Clones - I even cancelled my CN subscription the other day. I can't even remember the last time that I got information out of that site that I hadn't already heard on a free board somewhere.

This site Rocks on the other hand. Jeremy is doing a fantastic job.

alwjohnson

I know there a lot of people who don't like Deace. He can get on my nerves too. There was a time where I thought Deace was a straight shooter no matter what he was talking about, and I think that still holds true on most occassions. Does he pander to his audience? Yes. Does he have cliched segments, like "What is she thinking"? Yes. Is his pride for attempting to be mediocre getting tired? YES!

But, I like him. He still gives Iowa State more airtime than any other sports talk host has done in the past. He still tries to keep us in the news. As far as his predictions, I think he is wrong, but even he would admit he isn't right all the times. At the very least, he forces people to think about the other side. I don't like him all the time, but I think we have a better change at the market with him on the radio, then not.

alwjohnson

As far as CN goes, I never really cared for it.

But, what does everyone think about the Big 10 talk? Let's pretend that it was really a possibility.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 502
    Given: 119

I heard about this a few months ago and at first was totally against it. But after listening to Deace's show yesterday, I am more for it. He brought up alot of good points, and from listening to them ISU would benifit greatly from such a move. It would definetly be a change, and it would take a little bit to get used to, but if it does happen I would not be at all upset!

alwjohnson

I agree that the money is there, but the Big 12 has a lot prestige in it's own right. Deace is a Big 10 guy, and he is going to talk that conference up. But, we do have the current NCAA Football Champion, and a thriving basketball tradition. It is hard for me to not think about playing Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, and all the other old Big 8 schools.

I am not that big on the Texas schools. Great schools. But, I am still bitter about them moving the headquarters and conference championships to Dallas.

All-Star
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Anyone who can say anything negative about a move to the Big 10 has little to no knowledge of the conferences. I am as big of a Clone fan as possible and I compare this situation to them asking you at work if you would take a position doing the same or possibly less work for a much higher salary. Well duh? #1 we would get much more in revenue from the Big 10, have more competition here in the midwest, more bottom dwellers in the conference that we could kick around and a television contract that wouldn't keep us off the air every other week to watch some Texas school stomp on a no name. But do I think this will happen? No way! I would love it, but we don't have the market television wise for the Big 10 and we do not have the size of school that a typical Big 10 school brings for a fan base. Deace talked of Missouri and ISU being the top 2 candidates. But even bleeding cardinal and gold I can't spin it to look like Missouri is less attractive to the Big 10.

ďAlso, I met a lot of Iowa State fans and I donít want to leave any of that behind.Ē - DARIUS DARKS on Staying a CLONE!!!

Matt (00 Alumn)
    Waukee, Iowa

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64

I would really miss playing Kansas in Basketball and Nebraska in football. Those are two of the biggest games of the year for me. I don't really care about the Big 10, we have no rivals there except for Iowa, and we would be added to provide fluff for the conference.

I also don't like the schools changing conferences all the time stuff. It just gets annoying to me. College sports always play the "tradition" card, but with all of these schools changing conferences it doesn't really matter. Tradition is going right out the window.

Pro
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 555
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 1

A move to the big 10 would be interesting however... maybe I would hear more about Iowa State in Illinois if it did happen, rather than only from the numerous number of people who apparently attended ISU from my town... But anyway, in my opinion the Big 10 gets severely overrated when it comes to sports analysis and predictions, but I guess that's just because the big 10 has a decent sports history. Either that, or I'm just used to being in a Big 10 state, which Illinois certainly is. But all that could potentially help bring more media attention to ISU sports, just because of the Big 10 name. But who knows... I agree conference changes all the time are kind of a pain. I guess we'll just have to see what happens.

All-Star
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 471
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 1

gotta agree with bryce. staying in an already top conference and keeping the rivalry games is most important to me. i just cant c myself getting all excited for ISU vs perdue. besides, what would they call it? the tremendous twelve? this whole idea just seems kinda silly to me.

All-Star
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 769
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

But like I said guys "IT'S ALL ABOUT THE $$$$$$$$$$$$"

ďAlso, I met a lot of Iowa State fans and I donít want to leave any of that behind.Ē - DARIUS DARKS on Staying a CLONE!!!

Matt (00 Alumn)
    Waukee, Iowa

Walk On
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 330
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

Level
    Thumbs Up

if we were in the tremendous twelve we could be sponsered by perkins...

Pro
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Living in Arizona, I'm kinda out of the Big 10/Big 12 loop. How serious is the Big 10 considering adding a team, and if they did steal one from the Big 12, has there been any discussion as to who would join the Big 12?

"THE SKIES SHALL RAIN BLOOD AND ALL THE WORLD SHALL QUAKE IN THE SHADOW OF THE CARDINAL AND GOLD!"