Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 442
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 0

A chance to help a family member of a Cyclone Great for a Good Cause (Stacy Frese)

As always requests for support for good causes always exceed the possibility to support. So if you cannot respond to this invitation, I understand, if you can GREAT!

Last night a friend of Stacy Frese posted this note on another Cyclone board:

"I'm sure you remember our All-American point guard, Stacy Frese (Huber). Her sister, Brenda, one of our former assistants, has 2 1/2 year old twin boys. One of them has leukemia and is undergoing chemo presently. Brenda is currently the head women's basketball coach at Maryland where she has already won a National Championship. Stacy is raising funds for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Team in Training in honor of her nephew and others who are battling these blood diseases. I told her I would post her link here. If anyone can donate, I know she would greatly appreciate it! Thank you."
    -----
    My Fundraising Page

After seeing the original post on CR, I saw this as a good project and made a friendly matching donation challenge to see if Cyclones could help out.

I also made a cross post on the Aggie board asking anyone who was so moved to consider supporting a Cyclone.(very low key, just asking for help if anyone was so moved).

(For those that remember, a couple of years ago, several posters here contributed to help a young Aggie with expenses for a cord blood transplant.

I thought this might be a good time to see how this could go to help a Cyclone in need.

For all of us there are more causes than dollars, so I certainly understand if it does not fit in someones plans, it was simply a request and thought to consider.

However as of Monday afternoon this is an interesting situation.

At this point, based on an original low key post, the estimated dollars contributed paint a very interesting picture. (My estimates are based on responses to threads and cross referencing with donations that show up on Stacy's site).

As of this afternoon, contributions from each board are in the range as follows:

- ISU Rivals contributions: $300-$500 (THANK YOU!!)

- Aggie Rivals contributions to an ISU cause: $2,500-$3,000 (or more).
    This is for a Clone no one knows from Adam, and this includes a $1,000 donation with a note to simply saying "I am paying it forward".

So, here we are with a Cyclone great presenting a cause for support and Aggies are answering 8-1 (or so). And the Aggies deserve a thank you.

Cyclones, if able, and so moved I would encourage your consideration of supporting this effort for a Cyclone. (Or at least match the Aggies who care!)

Again, thank you.

CyAggie

Last edited by CyAg; 03-21-2011 at 05:55 PM.

Pro
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 92
    Given: 39

Re: A chance to help a family member of a Cyclone Great for a Good Cause (Stacy Frese

Done.

Publisher
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,059
    Given: 280

Re: A chance to help a family member of a Cyclone Great for a Good Cause (Stacy Frese

I second CyAggie's post. This is a great chance to come together as a community to help out a former Cyclone who is in need. Spread the word fanatics!

All-Star
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Thanks

All-Star
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 208
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

It kills you to see kids fighting these battles at such a young age. Keep it up Tyler!

Starter
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Dormeezy View Post
    It kills you to see kids fighting these battles at such a young age. Keep it up Tyler!

I'm in, clicked on matching donor not sure how that works. Also posted on my face book page. I have multiple Aggie and TU grads in the family. Pass this on, get involved. $25 thats nothing but all helps.

Publisher
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Bumping this

All-Star
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Thanks for the bump Chris

And thanks to any and all who have supported (or are considering support.)

Any and all donations I sure will help the family of a Cyclone legend whose commitment to ISU is beyond compare! (Cue the the theme song from Rocky).

However, let me share a little information that might be of interest. While these are estimates, I do have tracking information to base this on. So far, ISU fans from either CF or CR have donated: $300-$500. Thank you very much for this support.
    (I have no connection to this except I saw it as helping someone in need).

As always, there are many more good causes than dollars available, so if not in a position please disregard this invitation.

Now for the update and I will just leave this here for FANATICS to ponder:

I also cross posted this donation on the Aggie Rivals board. As part of the post, (on a very low key basis), I invited anyone who was so moved to make a contribution (or if not possible send a prayer or best wishes.)

Again, this is a request for Cyclone in need.

So, I am glad to provide a little update of how a what the Aggies have done to provide a little bit of support for an ISU effort.

As of this afternoon, the Aggies have contributed somewhere between $3,500-$4,500 in contributions to this invitation.

I will just leave this here and let it sink in.

Thank you.

cyAGGIE

Publisher
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

ANOTHER BUMP

All-Star
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,193
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 48

done

and

bump