Recruit Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

PAUL SHUPE PASSED AWAY...

I read where Ex-ISU Player and Iowa Central Football Coach Shupe Died. He was coaching at ICCC when I was there . He ran a tight ship and those players would come out of practice like they were hit by a bulldozer every day. I lived on the Football Player's Floor, and heard stories every day...Quite a legend...HITMAN

Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Re: PAUL SHUPE PASSED AWAY...

Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    I read where Ex-ISU Player and Iowa Central Football Coach Shupe Died. He was coaching at ICCC when I was there . He ran a tight ship and those players would come out of practice like they were hit by a bulldozer every day. I lived on the Football Player's Floor, and heard stories every day...Quite a legend...HITMAN
    He was a great coach, a tough minded individual, and a great guy. He will be missed by those who knew him.

Link - Paul Shupe: Iowa Sports Connection - Iowa High School Sports Hawkeyes State Cyclones Sports Scores

Rookie
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 16

I was at ICCC for the 73 and 74 football seasons. 73 was one of Coach Shupe's best teams. He had three players from that team drafted into the NFL. Two of them actually played some. Charlie White (not the USC Charlie White) was a running back for the Jets. Mike St. Clair was a DE but I can't remember what team. St. Clair was a DE at ICCC too. I remember him returning a few punts!
    Coach Shupe ran the ready, go offense. The team would sprint to the line and snap the ball very quickly. His teams were fun to watch.

Walk On
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 488
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I played under Shupe his last season in '89. What a crazy fun old man. Got real sick of running around trees with him.

Always finished practice running. He would just yell out wich group of trees to run around and off we went "3 trees, ready go"

Sunday films were always the best the way he called people out we would make fun of it late into the night. What a coach.

Heres to you Coach (raise glass and have a drinik)

Prospect
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 155
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

He was hardcore. I had him for volleyball in PE. We were practicing setting and spiking and he would yell "Kill!" on every spike. I also remember him yelling at people to hustle as he was walking through the gym during pick-up basketball games.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

My dad was an assistant at Ellsworth in the early 70s. I.C. and Ellsworth HATED each other. (ellsworth led the series ha ha ha). Shupe hired a plane to fly over Ellsworths afternoon practice and Ellsworths coaches made their players spell out Fuc* You by lyng down on the field. Shupe called a week later to talk to the HC and said FUC* you Too!

Rookie Achievements:

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by trueclone2 View Post
    I played under Shupe his last season in '89. What a crazy fun old man. Got real sick of running around trees with him.

Always finished practice running. He would just yell out wich group of trees to run around and off we went "3 trees, ready go"

Sunday films were always the best the way he called people out we would make fun of it late into the night. What a coach.

Heres to you Coach (raise glass and have a drinik)
    I played agianst you in '89' and had some friends on that ICCC team....I bet we have some mutual friends......