Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 261
  1. #61
    Addict
    Points: 90,729, Level: 93
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 521
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    capitalcityguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    5,395
    Points
    90,729
    Level
    93
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 147
    Given: 137

    Re: Pollard has now hired 2 National Championship caliber coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrr1 View Post
    So you're happy ISU is a training ground for new coaches, who then move on to have success at other places before having it here? That makes alot of sense...
    Nice straw man.


    CCG

  2. #62
    Speechless
    Points: 358,800, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    19,007
    Points
    358,800
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 380
    Given: 54

    Re: Pollard has now hired 2 National Championship caliber coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by cloneswereall View Post
    Explain how an advocate of their alma mater is able to win the first championship in 60 years at a different school because of AD support at a different school, and how that doesn't reflect poorly on the first school's (ISU, in case you were confused) AD.
    Please explain to me how, on this universe, you can equate us to Penn State in terms of resources. It's not even close and I think Cael realized that in the event that football or basketball things needed to be done, they would be and he would have to wait. Penn St. didn't have to do that because they have enough to get to everything. We don't, plain and simple. That's what makes Bill Fennelly Bill Fennelly. He knows what our situation is like and where things are yet he doesn't fly out for other jobs. You think he hasn't had more offered? He has, but guess what? He actually likes it here and deals with it instead of catching the first flight out for somewhere else. Cael evidently wasn't cut out for it being a littler harder or slower.


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

  3. #63
    Addict
    Points: 90,729, Level: 93
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 521
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    capitalcityguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    5,395
    Points
    90,729
    Level
    93
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 147
    Given: 137

    Re: Pollard has now hired 2 National Championship caliber coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by cloneswereall View Post
    Explain how an advocate of their alma mater is able to win the first championship in 60 years at a different school because of AD support at a different school, and how that doesn't reflect poorly on the first school's (ISU, in case you were confused) AD.
    You've just provided your own conclusion. Why are you even asking me?


    CCG

  4. #64
    Speechless
    Points: 358,800, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    19,007
    Points
    358,800
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 380
    Given: 54

    Re: Pollard has now hired 2 National Championship caliber coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by cloneswereall View Post
    Are the multi-million dollar south endzone seating necessary? Or are they a luxury? Are the new soccer fields necessary? Could their have been a wrestling wing built into the new BB facility? Allocating that money is what he's paid for, and if not being able to it loses us the best coach since Nichols, someone ****ed up.

    EDIT: I wasn't talking about me, but I realized that I wasn't the only one that you did that to.
    All football improvements we will ever be able to add are needed. I will assure you of that. Check out any polling. We have just about the worst everything right now and we will never catch up. The best we can hope for is the middle of the pack. There will never be too much in terms of football. It's a different animal. You have to recruit so many kids that so many other schools are going after with much better facilities. Now, soccer? I don't know.

    There was never going to be enough money in the pool to keep Cael and he couldn't deal with it. He didn't like playing 4th fiddle.


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

  5. #65
    I AM SO PROUD....
    Points: 97,011, Level: 96
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RhoadsRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    McGregor
    Posts
    6,688
    Points
    97,011
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Pollard has now hired 2 National Championship caliber coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post
    OK...I'll bite. Provide the one (just one) football example equivilant to Iowa State's situation to win a National Championship in the last 25 years.
    Not sure what qualifies as equivalent but, didn't Georgia Tech share a title one year? They are pretty much little brother to Georgia, same as we are to Iowa......i.e. same state, different conferences, less money for athletic budget etc.



  6. #66
    Addict
    Points: 128,852, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    michaelrr1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WDM
    Posts
    5,712
    Points
    128,852
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 176
    Given: 87

    Re: Pollard has now hired 2 National Championship caliber coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    Yes, I am extremely happy. In fact I have my Auburn pants and Penn State wrestling shirt on right now.

    That's not what I said but I can find a little comfort in the fact that the guy in charge of our athletics has hired two guys capable of winning National championships. That's it. I didn't say we should have been celebrating the ships as if they were ours. I said I think that JP deserves a little credit for hiring guys who have done a hell of a job elsewhere.
    Wow. Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

    And I'll repeat it again. Any coach can look good when the team has great talent.


    *** OFFICIAL 2013 CYCLONE FANATIC BIG 12 ELIMINATION COMPETITION CO-CHAMPION ***
    *** OFFICIAL 2012 CYCLONE FANATIC FANTASY BASKETBALL CHAMPION ***
    *** OFFICIAL 2011, 2012, 2013 CYCLONE FANATIC FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION ***
    *** OFFICIAL 2011 and 2012 CYCLONE FANATIC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION ***



  7. #67
    Addict
    Points: 90,729, Level: 93
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 521
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    capitalcityguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    5,395
    Points
    90,729
    Level
    93
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 147
    Given: 137

    Re: Pollard has now hired 2 National Championship caliber coaches

    Listen, Cael was at a crossroads...a fork in the road. My assumption is he was driven more by the desire to coach a National Championship team, then driven to coach ISU to a National Championship. Chizek, too, for that matter (although his defection is somewhat more understandable IMO)

    Guys....time to put your ego's aside. Coaching at ISU with our limited resources is a hell of a tough gig. That is why it is going to be so incredibly awesome when CPR's brings us to some of the successes that I believe he will. I also have a ton of faith in Hoiberg...but BB is still easier at a school like ISU than FB.


    CCG

  8. #68
    Addict
    Points: 128,852, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    michaelrr1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WDM
    Posts
    5,712
    Points
    128,852
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 176
    Given: 87

    Re: Pollard has now hired 2 National Championship caliber coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post
    Nice straw man.
    Wonderful. Your agenda driven thread has been completely shot down, so you resort to these types of posts. See you next time.

    Winning!


    *** OFFICIAL 2013 CYCLONE FANATIC BIG 12 ELIMINATION COMPETITION CO-CHAMPION ***
    *** OFFICIAL 2012 CYCLONE FANATIC FANTASY BASKETBALL CHAMPION ***
    *** OFFICIAL 2011, 2012, 2013 CYCLONE FANATIC FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION ***
    *** OFFICIAL 2011 and 2012 CYCLONE FANATIC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION ***



  9. #69
    Addict
    Points: 90,729, Level: 93
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 521
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    capitalcityguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    5,395
    Points
    90,729
    Level
    93
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 147
    Given: 137

    Re: Pollard has now hired 2 National Championship caliber coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrr1 View Post
    Wow. Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

    And I'll repeat it again. Any coach can look good when the team has great talent.
    Yeah...you can repeat it , but there is probably a reason it is not getting any play here.


    CCG

  10. #70
    I AM SO PROUD....
    Points: 97,011, Level: 96
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RhoadsRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    McGregor
    Posts
    6,688
    Points
    97,011
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Pollard has now hired 2 National Championship caliber coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    Please explain to me how, on this universe, you can equate us to Penn State in terms of resources. It's not even close and I think Cael realized that in the event that football or basketball things needed to be done, they would be and he would have to wait. Penn St. didn't have to do that because they have enough to get to everything. We don't, plain and simple. That's what makes Bill Fennelly Bill Fennelly. He knows what our situation is like and where things are yet he doesn't fly out for other jobs. You think he hasn't had more offered? He has, but guess what? He actually likes it here and deals with it instead of catching the first flight out for somewhere else. Cael evidently wasn't cut out for it being a littler harder or slower.
    Not to mention, when Cael left, the future of the big 12 conference was still in doubt??



  11. #71
    Addict
    Points: 128,852, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    michaelrr1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WDM
    Posts
    5,712
    Points
    128,852
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 176
    Given: 87

    Re: Pollard has now hired 2 National Championship caliber coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post
    Yeah...you can repeat it , but there is probably a reason it is not getting any play here.
    I know the reason. You choose to ignore it because it makes your viewpoint look silly.


    *** OFFICIAL 2013 CYCLONE FANATIC BIG 12 ELIMINATION COMPETITION CO-CHAMPION ***
    *** OFFICIAL 2012 CYCLONE FANATIC FANTASY BASKETBALL CHAMPION ***
    *** OFFICIAL 2011, 2012, 2013 CYCLONE FANATIC FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION ***
    *** OFFICIAL 2011 and 2012 CYCLONE FANATIC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION ***



  12. #72
    Addict
    Points: 90,729, Level: 93
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 521
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    capitalcityguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    5,395
    Points
    90,729
    Level
    93
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 147
    Given: 137

    Re: Pollard has now hired 2 National Championship caliber coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrr1 View Post
    Wonderful. Your agenda driven thread has been completely shot down, so you resort to these types of posts. See you next time.

    Winning!
    So you're saying a stawman argument is a legit way to discuss/debate a topic?

    ...and if it has been shot down (which it hasn't), you certainly weren't in the foxhole doing any damage.

    BTW....agenda??? Yeah, I hired Pollard, so I'm trying to justify my hire. WTF???


    CCG

  13. #73
    Pro
    Points: 72,425, Level: 83
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 725
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    SvrWxCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,851
    Points
    72,425
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Pollard has now hired 2 National Championship caliber coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by RhoadsRage View Post
    Not to mention, when Cael left, the future of the big 12 conference was still in doubt??
    That would have had very little affect on his standing... Speaking of that there were only 5 wrestling teams anyway. The conference thing is not as big of a deal in wrestling compared to football and basketball...



  14. #74
    Legend
    Points: 154,124, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here nor there
    Posts
    11,183
    Points
    154,124
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 468
    Given: 639

    Re: Pollard has now hired 2 National Championship caliber coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrr1 View Post
    Wonderful. Your agenda driven thread has been completely shot down, so you resort to these types of posts. See you next time.

    Winning!
    It has been shot down? You mean the few posters blinded by their love for wrestling and poor rebuttals?



  15. #75
    Addict
    Points: 90,729, Level: 93
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 521
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    capitalcityguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    5,395
    Points
    90,729
    Level
    93
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 147
    Given: 137

    Re: Pollard has now hired 2 National Championship caliber coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrr1 View Post
    I know the reason. You choose to ignore it because it makes your viewpoint look silly.
    ahhh....damn!!! Your figured it out!


    CCG

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM