Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 34,395, Level: 57
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,055
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    bpmcclain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,215
    Points
    34,395
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 15

    All Cyclone Team

    Who would be your starting 5 for an all-cyclone team? Mine would be...

    PG- Jamaal Tinsley. Averages: 12.5 PPG, 6.3 APG, 4.5 RPG, 2.6 SPG
    SG- Fred Hoiberg. Averages: 15.8 PPG, 5.9 RPG, 40% 3 point shooter
    F- Jeff Grayer. Averages: 20 PPG, 7.3 RPG
    F- Marcus Fizer. Averages: 18.9 PPG, 7.4 RPG
    C- Kelvin Cato. Averages: 11.3 PPG, 8.4 RPG, 4.2 BPG



  2. #2
    Starter
    Points: 14,984, Level: 37
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 666
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    873
    Points
    14,984
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 4

    Re: All Cyclone Team

    Quote Originally Posted by bpmcclain View Post
    Who would be your starting 5 for an all-cyclone team? Mine would be...

    PG- Jamaal Tinsley. Averages: 12.5 PPG, 6.3 APG, 4.5 RPG, 2.6 SPG
    SG- Fred Hoiberg. Averages: 15.8 PPG, 5.9 RPG, 40% 3 point shooter
    F- Jeff Grayer. Averages: 20 PPG, 7.3 RPG
    F- Marcus Fizer. Averages: 18.9 PPG, 7.4 RPG
    C- Kelvin Cato. Averages: 11.3 PPG, 8.4 RPG, 4.2 BPG
    PG - Tinsley
    SG - Willoughby
    SF - Grayer
    PF - Fizer
    C - Cato

    Not only would they be able to score, they would make one heck of a defensive team - not that Fred was a bad defender, Willoughby was better.



  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 68,005, Level: 80
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,476
    Points
    68,005
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 354
    Given: 315

    Re: All Cyclone Team

    I realize hardly any of us on this site saw him play, but Zaid Abdul-Aziz is so far and away the best center in ISU history that he should be a lock to be on every "all-time" team.

    3 time 1st team all-Big 8 selection
    2 time Big 8 scoring champion
    3 time Big 8 rebounding champion
    Big 8 POY in 1968
    All-American in 1968
    Career averages of 22.3 ppg and 13.7 rpg



  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 34,395, Level: 57
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,055
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    bpmcclain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,215
    Points
    34,395
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 15

    Re: All Cyclone Team

    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaCy View Post
    I realize hardly any of us on this site saw him play, but Zaid Abdul-Aziz is so far and away the best center in ISU history that he should be a lock to be on every "all-time" team.

    3 time 1st team all-Big 8 selection
    2 time Big 8 scoring champion
    3 time Big 8 rebounding champion
    Big 8 POY in 1968
    All-American in 1968
    Career averages of 22.3 ppg and 13.7 rpg

    Yeah, good point. Cato was here when I was a kid and I just remember how dominate of a shot blocker he was



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 19,313, Level: 42
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 537
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    chadly82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,787
    Points
    19,313
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 226
    Given: 1,708

    Re: All Cyclone Team

    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaCy View Post
    I realize hardly any of us on this site saw him play, but Zaid Abdul-Aziz is so far and away the best center in ISU history that he should be a lock to be on every "all-time" team.

    3 time 1st team all-Big 8 selection
    2 time Big 8 scoring champion
    3 time Big 8 rebounding champion
    Big 8 POY in 1968
    All-American in 1968
    Career averages of 22.3 ppg and 13.7 rpg
    well if we go back to the end of time how bout Mr. Thompson.....he was a pretty big stud back then and pretty sure that team faired pretty well against a Kansas team with Wilt the stilt....unless im mistaken. I never remember teams back even before hoiberg but im just going off the Legend i hear about



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 109,209, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    xboxfever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    7,841
    Points
    109,209
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 921
    Given: 1,655

    Re: All Cyclone Team

    PG - Jamaal Tinsley
    SG - Jeff Hornacek
    SF - Jeff Grayer
    PF - Marcus Fizer
    C - Kelvin Cato

    Bench

    Don Smith
    Fred Hoiberg
    Victor Alexander
    Will Blalock
    Curtis Stinson
    Dedric Willoughby



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 79,570, Level: 87
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 580
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    RustShack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Adventureland
    Posts
    6,972
    Points
    79,570
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 829
    Given: 0

    Re: All Cyclone Team

    Wait, where is Royce White and Chris Allen?



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 780,760, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneRulzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nevada, IA
    Posts
    28,433
    Points
    780,760
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,893
    Given: 15,088

    Re: All Cyclone Team

    Quote Originally Posted by xboxfever View Post
    PG - Jamaal Tinsley
    SG - Jeff Hornacek
    SF - Jeff Grayer
    PF - Marcus Fizer
    C - Kelvin Cato

    Bench

    Don Smith
    Fred Hoiberg
    Victor Alexander
    Will Blalock
    Curtis Stinson
    Dedric Willoughby
    Shawn Bankhead

    Good lineup but I'm making an addition in bold. Need a guy who you could put on a teams best player and more often than not shut him down.


    Quote Originally Posted by BoxsterCy View Post
    Dude, you are Gameday Rulzzz and could probably post about anything.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBA
  • Football Season Opener vs. UNI
  • September 3, 2016
  • 07:00 PM