Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Parking Passes

I was one of those Century Club members who, after several years with a parking pass, lost out this year. I guess I gambled, thinking I would have enough points to hold on to my parking pass. If you look at the number of Nat'l Cyclone Club members at the Century Club level, that is a lot of people losing parking. I just hope I don't walk by the donor lot with thousands of empty spaces, similar to the Cardinal level and up lots the past several years.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 152
    Personally, I think they should have offered the donors not able to get passed into the donor lots, season passes to the grass lots. I'd be estatic then.

We prefer to park in the grass. Easier on the body when ya want to play a game of catch, etc.

So...we lost out on parking this year...it wasn't a huge deal...except we've got to pay for it.

All-Star
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 404
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    I'm just not sure what the incentive is to donate $100, as opposed to donating the minimum $50 to the National Cyclone Club, if you still have to pay $10 per game for public parking.

It has also been rumored that seat assignments will be re-evaluated next year.

Pollard better hope we are successful this year. Another "dagger in the heart" type of season and he'll be begging people to come back!

Rookie
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 492
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 2
    Were parking passes supposed to be sent along with tickets or separate? Will they let you know if you don't get a pass or the fact that you don't get one the notice?I've been a season holder and NCC $100 member for 6 years but not counting on getting one this year. I'd give more but its going to cost me about the amount of a cardinal membership just to drive the 3 hours.I hope taking away some of the fringe benefits a lot of smaller donors enjoy don't come back to bite us. We are going to need some major success on the field to keep the interest really going. A lot of interest has been increasing because of Pollard is doing. If FB lays an egg or underachieves, it's tough to keep peoples interest or to get them to give more. Hopefully we get 8 wins or more and this isn't a problem. Been nice to get those last year!

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    cydsho- all parking passes were sent with season tickets. According to the Nat'l Cyclone Club, some but not all of the State's 250 Members received parking passes. Apparently a lot of people upped there donation this year, which is great for the program.

However I just wish, instead of taking away parking to donors, find more parking for them...

All-Star
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 566
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    I am one of those from the century club that moved up to Cardinal. My parking is actually in the section behind Cardinal because I didn't have enough points. It seems that there were plenty people who went up in membership, judging by the numbers below.

http://www.cyclones.com/ViewArticle....&ATCLID=535245

So, don't worry about the people in the parking spaces. There will be plenty. I completely understand why Pollard had to up the parking permit donation. They were giving out more parking spaces than they had. In sell-outs, aka Iowa and Nebraska, not all of the donors were getting their promised parking. I would rather him make sure he can keep a committment, than know that he can't and do nothing about it.

Last edited by BooneCy; 08-15-2006 at 07:10 AM.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 81
    I added all of those numbers together, and it ended up being 13,911,750. That seems a lot higher than I remember in year's past, and it's very encouraging to me.

Quick question: What percentage of money from Alumni association donations goes to athletics, if any?

All-Star
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 566
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    I don't believe the Alumni Association is apart of the Athletic budget. They are a separate entity that works in relationship with the university. I don't know if they give anything to the Athletic department, that is what the National Cyclone Club does. The Alumni Association gives their money to the University. The University, in turn, helps the Athletic budget.

If anyone knows otherwise, please correct me.

All-Star
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    So umm.....I got my tickets on Saturday to find that I did not receive a parking pass.......I was so caught up in the moment and so giddy that the tickets finally arrived it didn't hit me that I didn't recieve my parking pass. This is my first year getting season tickets and first year of donating to the NCC. I donate the lowly $50/year, being that I'm still a young'n.

Did I not get the pass because I donate the lowest amount and because I just started donating? Little help please.

Addict
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 373
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 103
    Quote Originally Posted by mizouse87 View Post
    So umm.....I got my tickets on Saturday to find that I did not receive a parking pass.......I was so caught up in the moment and so giddy that the tickets finally arrived it didn't hit me that I didn't recieve my parking pass. This is my first year getting season tickets and first year of donating to the NCC. I donate the lowly $50/year, being that I'm still a young'n.

Did I not get the pass because I donate the lowest amount and because I just started donating? Little help please.
    This year you wouldve needed to give to the States 250 to get a parking pass.

Pro
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 672
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    probably a dumb question, but what is the easiest way to join the NCC? I am a lifetime member of the Alumni Association, but have never been an NCC member - I would like to change that. Thanks.

Addict
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 472
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Did anyone in the $250 level get a pass? I thought you have to give at least $500 to be certain to get a pass.

We thought that was too much money considering just last year we paid $100 a pass and on our budgets from not being out of college that long we'd rather pay $10 a game to park in the grass lots compared to what would be $62.50 a game had we given $500 this year. The $250 we might have lived with but considering we could give that times about 3-4 parking passes we usually get for our group and wind up not getting a single pass it wasn't worth the risk.

Besides, I think the grass lots may actually be closer to the stadium than where we were at clear over by Hilton the past few years. The people in the grass lots are more likely to be fun and there as early as we get there. Usually we'd be some of the first people in the paved lots and a couple hours later the lot would finally start to fill up. I remember the days when the lots next to the stadium were packed full within an hour of the lots opening. Tailgating next to the stadium is basically dead now since that change...

All-Star
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHelgo View Post
    probably a dumb question, but what is the easiest way to join the NCC? I am a lifetime member of the Alumni Association, but have never been an NCC member - I would like to change that. Thanks.
    Call: (515) 294-5022
    Fax: (515) 294-0104
    E-Mail: cyclub@iastate.edu

There's the contact info for the office to get an application for the NCC.

All-Star
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Travman23- according to people at the Nat'l Cyclone Club, some members of the State's 250 received parking (the ones with the most points built up). Others did not.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Ok...here's another story for you all. I currently donate at the $250 level. A few weeks ago, I called the NCC to increase my giving level to $500 so I could get a "guaranteed" spot. During my call I also requested an RV pass since I have transit bus which I converted into a tailgater. Long story short, last year I was awarded an RV spot at the $250 level. This year I was told that a RV pass would require a $1,500 donation ($215/game) since demand is so high. I kindly said...no thanx. I've been a season ticket holder for 10 years and even though I understand what Pollard is up to, I think we are walking on thin ice with this concept of selling passes to the highest bidder. My story gets better. I DID receive a parking pass...but I will not be able to use it because my bus does not fit into a "single" slot. I have friends lining up to use it...