Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 115
  1. #1
    Starter
    Points: 35,886, Level: 58
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 764
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Boomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    816
    Points
    35,886
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    TV Money = 13 mill a year per school plus "Big XII" Network creation

    Big XII Network will not feature OU or Texas

    Fox and Big 12 near deal worth more than $60 million a year - SportsBusiness Daily | SportsBusiness Journal


    Slightly less than what i've been told (15 mill per school per year)


    www.landthieves.com Al Gore's favorite invention

  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 60,436, Level: 76
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,214
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures50000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    geburgess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    WDSM, IA
    Posts
    2,382
    Points
    60,436
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: TV Money = 13 mill a year per school plus "Big XII" Network creation

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Big XII Network will not feature OU or Texas

    Fox and Big 12 near deal worth more than $60 million a year - SportsBusiness Daily | SportsBusiness Journal


    Slightly less than what i've been told (15 mill per school per year)
    Exactly 1/2 of what you've been told (7.5 mil/year)

    Still, an increase is an increase. Can't argue against that.


    Keepers of the Faith -- The Unknown



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 114,315, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Boxerdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Beaverdale, IA
    Posts
    2,897
    Points
    114,315
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 66

    Re: TV Money = 13 mill a year per school plus "Big XII" Network creation

    What happened to that other article? This isn't the whole pie. We still have ESPN's contract.

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...als/index.html

    http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/...ng-deal-4.html



  4. #4
    Starter
    Points: 35,886, Level: 58
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 764
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Boomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    816
    Points
    35,886
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Re: TV Money = 13 mill a year per school plus "Big XII" Network creation

    Quote Originally Posted by Boxerdaddy View Post
    What happened to that other article? This isn't the whole pie. We still have ESPN's contract.

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...als/index.html

    http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/...ng-deal-4.html

    Yes you are correct there is still the ABC/ESPN contract it is discusse in the article (comes up in 2016)


    www.landthieves.com Al Gore's favorite invention

  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 114,315, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Boxerdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Beaverdale, IA
    Posts
    2,897
    Points
    114,315
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 66

    Re: TV Money = 13 mill a year per school plus "Big XII" Network creation

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Yes you are correct there is still the ABC/ESPN contract it is discusse in the article (comes up in 2016)
    Right. All I was trying to say was just to the guy that said we were only getting half of what we were told... We are getting half of what we were told with what is right now less than half of the TV revenues...so this is a very good thing.


    Quote Originally Posted by geburgess View Post
    Exactly 1/2 of what you've been told (7.5 mil/year)

    Still, an increase is an increase. Can't argue against that.

    So when you add on the "new" ABC/ESPN deal it "should" be more than that 15....for 1 reason it will be another few years so inflation...for 2 the existing fox deal is about 1/3 of the ESPN deal...so if 1/4 of our new money is already half of what we were told it would be...that should be a great sign.


    Last edited by Boxerdaddy; 03-14-2011 at 06:18 PM.

  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 484,608, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Al_4_State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Driftless Region
    Posts
    19,083
    Points
    484,608
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 360
    Given: 107

    Re: TV Money = 13 mill a year per school plus "Big XII" Network creation

    Waiting for Tornado Man to tell us we're all doomed....


    In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 100,484, Level: 98
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 566
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CyForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cornlands of Ayuxwa
    Posts
    5,361
    Points
    100,484
    Level
    98
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 4

    Re: TV Money = 13 mill a year per school plus "Big XII" Network creation

    Quote Originally Posted by Boxerdaddy View Post
    What happened to that other article? This isn't the whole pie. We still have ESPN's contract.

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...als/index.html

    http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/...ng-deal-4.html

    The previous 1st and 2nd tier contract is a total of $79.5 million a year. The new Fox deal will bump the Big 12 up to $120 million a year. Half of those amounts are shared equally, the other half is dependent on TV appearances.

    2011 -$39.25 million shared for 3.925 million per team (Plus the CU and NU fees)
    2012 - 60 million shared for 6 million per team

    On top of that is the 3rd tier rights. Texas get $15 million a year from ESPN for a total of $21 million per year before TV appearances are added. OU will probably get around $10 million for their own network for around $16 million before TV appearance are added. The new "Big 12 Network" will probably add $2-4 million per team for $9 million before TV appearance are added. That amount for the network will either increase or decrease based on if Texas A&M starts their own network or throws their hat in with the rest of us.

    SO, ISU is going to be adding around $4 million a year with this new deal and the new TV network. We will see increased TV exposure starting IMMEDIATELY and will see increased revenue IMMEDIATELY. The 2016 deal with be extremely important and should be huge.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 143,436, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CrossCyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    9,384
    Points
    143,436
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 0

    Re: TV Money = 13 mill a year per school plus "Big XII" Network creation

    The way I understand it (I could be wrong) the third tier rights would bring us no additional money at the outset.



  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 404,878, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonedave25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    14,542
    Points
    404,878
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 451
    Given: 223

    Re: TV Money = 13 mill a year per school plus "Big XII" Network creation

    Quote Originally Posted by CyForPresident View Post
    The previous 1st and 2nd tier contract is a total of $79.5 million a year. The new Fox deal will bump the Big 12 up to $120 million a year. Half of those amounts are shared equally, the other half is dependent on TV appearances.

    2011 -$39.25 million shared for 3.925 million per team (Plus the CU and NU fees)
    2012 - 60 million shared for 6 million per team

    On top of that is the 3rd tier rights. Texas get $15 million a year from ESPN for a total of $21 million per year before TV appearances are added. OU will probably get around $10 million for their own network for around $16 million before TV appearance are added. The new "Big 12 Network" will probably add $2-4 million per team for $9 million before TV appearance are added. That amount for the network will either increase or decrease based on if Texas A&M starts their own network or throws their hat in with the rest of us.

    SO, ISU is going to be adding around $4 million a year with this new deal and the new TV network. We will see increased TV exposure starting IMMEDIATELY and will see increased revenue IMMEDIATELY. The 2016 deal with be extremely important and should be huge.
    Thanks for breaking that down for me. Nice to see these numbers are immediate. Hopefully the 2016 deal is ginormous!!


    When Prepared, Fear No One.

  10. #10
    Recruit
    Points: 3,557, Level: 17
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 293
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    hawkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    122
    Points
    3,557
    Level
    17
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: TV Money = 13 mill a year per school plus "Big XII" Network creation

    "Earlier this week, the Sports Business Journal reported that the Big 12's television deal with Fox would go from $19.5 million annually to somewhere between $60-70 million annually.

    Now, sources indicated to the publication that the deal could be worth $90 million annually, a 13-year deal worth $1.1 billion total. A reporter from Bloomberg television tweeted the same thing on Wednesday afternoon, citing a person familiar with the negotiations.

    That's a 350 percent raise in television revenue, and that growth looks even better when you consider that the money would be divisible between 10 schools, rather than 12 after the exits of Nebraska and Colorado.

    We'll see once the negotiations finish and the deal is officially signed, but Fox is making one thing clear: It's serious about Big 12 football."


    Big 12, Fox TV deal gets even sweeter? - Big 12 Blog - ESPN



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 253,545, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    BryceC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    16,596
    Points
    253,545
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 101
    Given: 0

    Re: TV Money = 13 mill a year per school plus "Big XII" Network creation

    Boner...




  12. #12
    Starter
    Points: 20,981, Level: 44
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 669
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    mfelske's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    688
    Points
    20,981
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 24

    Re: TV Money = 13 mill a year per school plus "Big XII" Network creation

    Money, money, money, money!

    I hope they make the "Big 8" network. The network would hopefully bring more TV to those of us outside of Iowa and Big 12 country.



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 164,284, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran
    CtownCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    8,686
    Points
    164,284
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 79

    Re: TV Money = 13 mill a year per school plus "Big XII" Network creation

    Quote Originally Posted by Boxerdaddy View Post
    Right. All I was trying to say was just to the guy that said we were only getting half of what we were told... We are getting half of what we were told with what is right now less than half of the TV revenues...so this is a very good thing.

    So when you add on the "new" ABC/ESPN deal it "should" be more than that 15....for 1 reason it will be another few years so inflation...for 2 the existing fox deal is about 1/3 of the ESPN deal...so if 1/4 of our new money is already half of what we were told it would be...that should be a great sign.
    These fractions confuse me!!!



  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 28,514, Level: 51
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cygrads's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Altoona, IA
    Posts
    1,975
    Points
    28,514
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 36

    Re: TV Money = 13 mill a year per school plus "Big XII" Network creation

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkin View Post
    "Earlier this week, the Sports Business Journal reported that the Big 12's television deal with Fox would go from $19.5 million annually to somewhere between $60-70 million annually.

    Now, sources indicated to the publication that the deal could be worth $90 million annually, a 13-year deal worth $1.1 billion total. A reporter from Bloomberg television tweeted the same thing on Wednesday afternoon, citing a person familiar with the negotiations.

    That's a 350 percent raise in television revenue, and that growth looks even better when you consider that the money would be divisible between 10 schools, rather than 12 after the exits of Nebraska and Colorado.

    We'll see once the negotiations finish and the deal is officially signed, but Fox is making one thing clear: It's serious about Big 12 football."


    Big 12, Fox TV deal gets even sweeter? - Big 12 Blog - ESPN
    So ISU is in to get a bump of possilby (if FOX goes to $90MM) close to $7MM per year. Well $7MM per year ought to get CPR whatever he needs.



  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 209,993, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CyDude16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Heads in the sky
    Posts
    9,404
    Points
    209,993
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 189
    Given: 756

    Re: TV Money = 13 mill a year per school plus "Big XII" Network creation

    THE BIG 12 is DOOMED

    Signed,
    Tornado man and Jon Miller



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports 1
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM