Notebook: Calvin Godfrey opens up about his improvement
    Publisher
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,268
    Given: 329

Notebook: Calvin Godfrey opens up about his improvement

I loved some of these comments that Calvin Godfrey made to me after last week's loss to Colorado. I think you all will enjoy this.

Iowa State Basketball Notebook: Calvin Godfrey's growth, Diante Garrett's departure | Cyclone Fanatic

Starter
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 187
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 5

Re: Notebook: Calvin Godfrey opens up about his improvement

I don't think we can overstate how important it was for this year's team to be close to victory every game. That is what keeps practice exciting and meaningfull. It makes hitting the gym easier. It makes the transfers go 100%. It would have been a long long year if we were losing by 20 every game, which was pretty much what I was expecting prior to the season. You could tell that everyone within the program knew we were one piece of the puzzle away. Hamilton, Boozer, Colvin, or Dendy would have been a big help in bodies/minutes/fouls, etc. Just ONE of those guys may have been enough to pull out 3 more wins. Just speculating.
    We asked a lot out of our freshmen this year! Melvin was thrown into the meatgrinder and has to be better because of it. Calvin was given a little time to get adjust and came out firing after the suspension.
    2010-2011 will prove to be very pivitol for ISU's success in the next few years. Our youngsters have game experience, our transfers have talent and are eager to get on the floor, and our Hoiberg knows how to Mayor Coach like none other.

Cy 'till I Die