Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Anytime Fitness In NE Ankeny

Does anyone belong to Anytime Fitness on NE 28th in Ankeny??? I am considering joining, but was curious if the place is clean, really busy in mornings, and if anytime fitness memberships are transferrable. Any insight would be great.

Pro
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 651
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 9

Re: Anytime Fitness In NE Ankeny

Well ameshammer. I actually work at the Ankeny Anytime fitness. So I can help you out.

I work in the membership office. My uncle is the owner of that location as they are all actually independently owned franchises. I will tell you from first hand experience that the facilities are very very clean. We have staff (me) clean them up after the morning rush, and a night staff come in nightly and clean them up after the afternoon crowd is done. We are taking great pride in keeping our facilities up to the expectations of all of our members. With state of the art equipment, cleanliness, and staying on top of any repairs of that may need to be done.

Like I said before my uncle and aunt own the Ankeny location (also HUGE ISU fans like me) and they have lived in the town for a long time. They took over January 1st and have improved the overall appearance of the club greatly.

Your membership to Anytime Fitness includes access not only to our location, the other locations in the metro area, clubs in the state of Iowa, and the other 1,500 locations though out the nation. Also, the membership is 24 hours a day, so we specialize in working around your specific schedule.

I WAS THERE!!!!!!

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 670
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by EYEoftheSTORM View Post
    Well ameshammer. I actually work at the Ankeny Anytime fitness. So I can help you out.

I work in the membership office. My uncle is the owner of that location as they are all actually independently owned franchises. I will tell you from first hand experience that the facilities are very very clean. We have staff (me) clean them up after the morning rush, and a night staff come in nightly and clean them up after the afternoon crowd is done. We are taking great pride in keeping our facilities up to the expectations of all of our members. With state of the art equipment, cleanliness, and staying on top of any repairs of that may need to be done.

Like I said before my uncle and aunt own the Ankeny location (also HUGE ISU fans like me) and they have lived in the town for a long time. They took over January 1st and have improved the overall appearance of the club greatly.

Your membership to Anytime Fitness includes access not only to our location, the other locations in the metro area, clubs in the state of Iowa, and the other 1,500 locations though out the nation. Also, the membership is 24 hours a day, so we specialize in working around your specific schedule.

Thanks for the info, but I am looking for feedback from actual members (not an ad from the owner's family).

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ameshammer View Post
    Thanks for the info, but I am looking for feedback from actual members (not an ad from the owner's family).
    Thats understandable, I can tell you though that our busiest times in our club are from 4:30-7 in the mornings, and roughly 4-7 at night. But never to busy where you cannot use any equipment.

Please do note though that we took over the reigns on January 1 so however the club was run prior to that hopefully those same views are not reflected on view of the gym now. We have put alot of work into improving the facilities for our current and future members.

I WAS THERE!!!!!!

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 316
    Given: 484

I'm a member of the Johnston one and have no issues but each has probably their own plus/minuses.

Recruit
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

+10 Anytime Fitness is a well run franchise system. I have been to many throughout Iowa, and they all are run very well. High standards, good equipment, professional staff, clean, and plus OPEN 24/7.

All-Star
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 577
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 104

I am actually a member of this gym. I have lived in Ames, Waukee and Ankeny and think that the gym in NE Ankeny is the best I have been to so far. I used 2 in Ames and 1 in Waukee. Morning hours there is not to many people there. I usually get to the gym around 4:30pm and it is starting to get pretty packed at that time. I do lift on Friday mornings, usually around 9 or 10am and I can get right in and get my workouts done. The gym seems to be very, very clean and they also take good care of their equipment. I would highly recommend Anytime over others. I have had memberships at such places like Ames Racquet and Fitness and think that Anytime is by far better and treats their customers better as well.

Cyclone Sports: The next best thing since MOTHER'S MILK!

Walk On
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

We've been members at the Ankeny location for almost 2 years now. We like it. Our criteria was close to home and open 24 hours. It's fairly clean although I have been a little disappointed when I see TVs not working for extended amounts of time. They have a lot of cardio machines and each one has an individual TV. They seem to take a while to fix these TVs and that's the best part of the machines! The amount of weights, weight machines and cardio machines are sufficient for our needs. We just renewed our membership so overall, I would recommend it.

Walk On
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Anyone have the same info - thoughts on the North Ames location?

Legend
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 316
    Given: 484

Quote Originally Posted by b3r3m View Post
    We've been members at the Ankeny location for almost 2 years now. We like it. Our criteria was close to home and open 24 hours. It's fairly clean although I have been a little disappointed when I see TVs not working for extended amounts of time. They have a lot of cardio machines and each one has an individual TV. They seem to take a while to fix these TVs and that's the best part of the machines! The amount of weights, weight machines and cardio machines are sufficient for our needs. We just renewed our membership so overall, I would recommend it.
    I agree with the TV thing. Plus I'd like to see a few more channels added.

All-Star
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 577
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 104

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzBuzzBuzz View Post
    Anyone have the same info - thoughts on the North Ames location?
    Which one? If you are talking about the one on West Lincoln way (west of South Dakota) It is not the best I have seen but is nice. I liked it due to the fact that it seemed that you could get in and get your work done without a ton of people in there. That is the only that I have been in in Ames.

Cyclone Sports: The next best thing since MOTHER'S MILK!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,088
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 360
    Given: 95

I have used the one in West Ames and think it works out great. There are some times during the day when it is a little busier, but even then you are able to use whatever you want. I have seen the North Ames location but never worked out in it. At that location, there is more of a focus on cardio machines rather than lifting equipment. The West Ames location has a great variety for lifting.

Starter
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I have been a member there since it opened. The previous owner is a huge Husker fan, so I'm glad it changed. I think it is ok. I have it because I work out at weird times. The equipment is ok, the free weights are above average. They have a decent Smith machine so you can do a lot of free weights if you don't have a spotter. Their treadmills are below average, and as others have said, they tv's don't always works. Not very many channels to choose from. Maybe the new owner will change it.

They have a Precor back stretcher, which if you have not used, you should try it. Single best piece of equipment in any gym.

Lifetime Achievement- In on page 1 of a THujone MS Paint thread.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 197
    Given: 428

I workout at the one in NE Ankeny. Ive had membership about 2 years. Its a pretty decent little gym. For the price its hard to beat. I usually end up working out later at night, but my wife goes in the AM and seems to like it.

Cardio equip often has broken TVs and the treadmills are ok. Eliplticals are nice. Weights are better than adequate.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by linkshero View Post
    I have been a member there since it opened. The previous owner is a huge Husker fan, so I'm glad it changed. I think it is ok. I have it because I work out at weird times. The equipment is ok, the free weights are above average. They have a decent Smith machine so you can do a lot of free weights if you don't have a spotter. Their treadmills are below average, and as others have said, they tv's don't always works. Not very many channels to choose from. Maybe the new owner will change it.

They have a Precor back stretcher, which if you have not used, you should try it. Single best piece of equipment in any gym.
    Dont worry, although the old owner is a big husker fan, the new one is a HUGE Cyclone fan.

We are currently in the process of fixing all the TVs that have problems, and hope they will be done soon. As for the amount of channels you get on the TVs. We have plans of getting mediacom, however the building has to be wired so we are able to receive mediacom. So we have to wait until they are able to come in and do that. I think the rep said sometime in April is when they should be able to do that.

As for cleanliness, we always have an open mind for improvements, and if any member has any suggestions we will gladly hear them out, and do the best we can to make the gym better.

I WAS THERE!!!!!!