Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

2010-2011 Player Evaluations

These grades will be based off how the players performed compared to how I expected them to perform coming into the year. I looked back at the same thread I did last year and not surprisingly the grades were much worse for last year's season.
    Garrett- Came out of nowhere to have an all-conference senior season. Was a great offensive player and leader for us who benefited greatly from Hoiberg's style and not having lane crowded by Brackins/Hamilton. DG will be extremely difficult to replace. The only reason for his grade not being an A is because of his struggles at the end of games.
    A-
    Uncle Jake Anderson- Solid and consistent all year. Jake will be remembered very fondly because of his last game and that is definitely appropriate. Our best, and maybe the conference's best rebounder. Our rebounding would have been even more awful without him. Played out of control at times on offense and had a hard time guarding bigger players.
    B+
    Christopherson- Was one of the nation's best shooters. Showed towards the end of the year his ability to put the ball on the floor and create. Scotty still hurts us defensively when we play 2 or more good guards and he doesn't help much rebounding but his shooting and leadership will be a huge asset for us next year, even if it is coming off the bench.
    B+
    JVD- Unlike Jake, Jamie will not be remembered very fondly because of his last game. Had a few huge games for us but for the most part was not consistent. Much of that was because of foul trouble, an injury, and the large amount of minutes he played. Will never forget his "buzzer beater" against Creighton.
    C+
    Melvin- By far the most inconsistent player we had this year. At times he couldn't make a layup and others he would take over games with his rebounding and defense. I many times forgot he was even on the floor. It will be interesting to see how Ejim develops. I doubt he will ever be a go-to guy on offense but he will be a very good Big 12 rebounder and defender over the next 3 years.
    B-
    Godfrey- Excellent end to his freshman season. Took over the Colorado game at Hilton and showed he's not only an energy/hustle guy. Didn't expect much from him coming into the year and after the first few games but he'll be at least a 10-6 player for us the rest of his career.
    A
    Railey- Performed admirably for a freshman big man. He was outplayed by fellow freshman ME and CG but still had some good moments. If he's able to hit the 15 ft jumpshot he showed he can hit he'll be a good role player for us over the next three years. He was awful at staying out of foul trouble, especially with moving screens.
    C+
    Bubu- Palo had some good games in the non-conference season and gave us decent minutes sometimes. In Big 12 play he was lost and struggled to hit shots or defend. He'll struggle to get minutes over the next three years but will be a great practice player for us if he decides to stay.
    C+
    McKnight- I know many of you probably forgot he was on scholarship. I think ESPN had him pegged as our best recruit somehow. Whoever evaluated him should probably be fired. Eric rarely played despite us desperately needing depth and that should tell you all you need to know about his season. I'm glad he stuck it out all season but the obvious question with EM is will he stay?
    INCOMPLETE
    Demarcus- There were a handful of people of this board who thought he'd be out best scorer this year. His injury did hurt his progress but we really needed him this year and he did not come through. Nice guy though.
    WTF
    Coach Fred Hoiberg- Hoiberg made his best moves before the season by signing the transfers, keeping TJ, and bringing Lutz in. He knows what he's doing. We were very good on offense in most games but struggled mightily on defense a lot. I liked his willingness to change defenses and be flexible. The only reason he doesn't get an A is because of the inability to win close games. Also, hopefully he gets better about how/when to use timeouts next year but that is just a small critique.
    B+
    Overall team grade- I think the team deserves a B+. The only reason this isn't higher is because of what could have been. If Melvin doesn't throw a ball away against Nebraska and if we don't blow it down the stretch against OK State this season could have been much different. It was a very fun season to watch though.

Last edited by Clone5; 03-11-2011 at 12:28 PM.

Pro
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,467
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 152
    Given: 3

Re: 2010-2011 Player Evaluations

Maybe I'm one of those that gives out gold stars to everyone but I would give DG, Uncle Jake, and Scotty all A's.

Ejim and JVB get B+. Ejim is a true freshman and was asked to play out of position. JVB was injured down the stretch.

Pro
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 367
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 16

B+ for finishing in last place by 3 games? I guess the players aren't familiar with anything but the Geology 100 / Psych 101 / Music 102 grading scale.

Pro
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,467
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 152
    Given: 3

Player evaluations. Not team evaluation. I suppose everyone on Kansas gets an A right?

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,185
    Given: 1,040

Freddie gets a WTF?

WTF?

Rookie
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 166
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    Freddie gets a WTF?

WTF?
    You can't read. WTF?

Pro
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 930
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106

Quote Originally Posted by bosco View Post
    Player evaluations. Not team evaluation. I suppose everyone on Kansas gets an A right?
    everyone on kansas gets $5,000. their grades are then CHANGED to an A at a later date. cmon, get your facts straight.

Pro
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 930
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106

Quote Originally Posted by Clone5 View Post
    Melvin- By far the most inconsistent player we had this year. At times he couldn't make a layup and others he would take over games with his rebounding and defense. I many times forgot he was even on the floor. It will be interesting to see how Ejim develops. I doubt he will ever be a go-to guy on offense but he will be a very good Big 12 rebounder and defender over the next 3 years.
    B-
    Godfrey- Excellent end to his freshman season. Took over the Colorado game at Hilton and showed he's not only an energy/hustle guy. Didn't expect much from him coming into the year and after the first few games but he'll be at least a 10-6 player for us the rest of his career.
    A
    so the player that in the future can avg 10/6 gets an A, but the guy who ALREADY avg'd 10/7 gets a B- and will never be a good scorer. got it.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 452
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by kucyclone View Post
    B+ for finishing in last place by 3 games? I guess the players aren't familiar with anything but the Geology 100 / Psych 101 / Music 102 grading scale.
    Don't forget Spanish 97. I expected the team to be awful and they were but at least they made it interesting, hence the B+. I probably shouldn't have to explain that.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by brokenloginagain View Post
    so the player that in the future can avg 10/6 gets an A, but the guy who ALREADY avg'd 10/7 gets a B- and will never be a good scorer. got it.
    Again, I'm not really grading their performance I'm grading their performance against what my expectations were for them going into the year. If I was grading strictly performance compared to their Big 12 positional counterparts it would look like this:
    DG: B+
    JA: B-
    SC: B-
    JVD: C
    ME: C
    CG: C+
    JR: D+
    BP: D+

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 166
    Given: 38

DG should get the highest grade. That isn't even arguable.

I also think you have your man love goggles on for Godfrey. He definitely exceeded expectations but more to the B, B+ level.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by isuno1fan View Post
    DG should get the highest grade. That isn't even arguable.

I also think you have your man love goggles on for Godfrey. He definitely exceeded expectations but more to the B, B+ level.
    One more time, these grades are based on how I expected them to play before the season versus how they actually played.
    I didn't think much of Godfrey at all before the season. He wasn't highly rated and I thought Railey would be better for us this year. If you want to look at grades based strictly on performance look at my other post.