Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 144,834, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    michaelrr1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WDM
    Posts
    6,363
    Points
    144,834
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 364
    Given: 181

    Keno Davis out at Providence soon?

    KCCI mentioned this on the news tonight. It's a good thing for him he got paid while he was a hot commodity.

    Jim Donaldson: Keno Davis era nears its end | Providence College | projo.com | The Providence Journal


    *** OFFICIAL 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 CYCLONE FANATIC FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION ***
    *** OFFICIAL 2013 CYCLONE FANATIC BIG 12 ELIMINATION COMPETITION CO-CHAMPION ***
    *** OFFICIAL 2012 CYCLONE FANATIC FANTASY BASKETBALL CHAMPION ***
    *** OFFICIAL 2011 and 2012 CYCLONE FANATIC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION ***



  2. #2
    All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Cy's Taxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,209
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Keno Davis out at Providence soon?

    Wouldn't be a shocker. Hasn't had a good season since he left Drake. He does have the best scorer in the Big East, though. Brooks is kind of a beast.



  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 122,636, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    ruxCYtable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,435
    Points
    122,636
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 553
    Given: 544

    Re: Keno Davis out at Providence soon?

    I think Keno can probably coach. But he's getting what he deserves for jumping at the first opportunity that presented itself, like a puppy on a Milk Bone. Yeah, it was a step up, but could he win there? Obviously not.



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 324,151, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    CyCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rolling dirty in Roland.
    Posts
    15,123
    Points
    324,151
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 507
    Given: 90

    Re: Keno Davis out at Providence soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by ruxCYtable View Post
    I think Keno can probably coach. But he's getting what he deserves for jumping at the first opportunity that presented itself, like a puppy on a Milk Bone. Yeah, it was a step up, but could he win there? Obviously not.
    So, you would have passed on the money PC gave Keno? Likely, not.



  5. #5
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 619,596, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 95.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    23,971
    Points
    619,596
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,763
    Given: 242

    Re: Keno Davis out at Providence soon?

    Yeah, it sounds like he's done. I realize there are other factors involved, such as Providence's low status in the Big East, but I guess I never understood why he was such a hot commodity when the Fryars nabbed him. Yes, Drake had a fantastic season, but those players were not his. They were his dad's. It was a team made up of a lot of junior's and seniors. I don't want to take anything away from the job he did that year, because they were very good, but I just don't know what he showed that would make anyone think he'd be capable of turning around a program like Providence. I don't blame him for taking the job, because hey it's the Big East and it was a big payday. Maybe I'm way off base, but it seems like he had flash in the pan written all over him.


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 324,151, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    CyCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rolling dirty in Roland.
    Posts
    15,123
    Points
    324,151
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 507
    Given: 90

    Re: Keno Davis out at Providence soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Janny View Post
    Yeah, it sounds like he's done. I realize there are other factors involved, such as Providence's low status in the Big East, but I guess I never understood why he was such a hot commodity when the Fryars nabbed him. Yes, Drake had a fantastic season, but those players were not his. They were his dad's. It was a team made up of a lot of junior's and seniors. I don't want to take anything away from the job he did that year, because they were very good, but I just don't know what he showed that would make anyone think he'd be capable of turning around a program like Providence. I don't blame him for taking the job, because hey it's the Big East and it was a big payday. Maybe I'm way off base, but it seems like he had flash in the pan written all over him.
    I totally agree, if someone is going to pay you grab it.



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 428,603, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    22,456
    Points
    428,603
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,343
    Given: 701

    Re: Keno Davis out at Providence soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by CyCrazy View Post
    So, you would have passed on the money PC gave Keno? Likely, not.
    Exactly. You take the money. If you succeed youve got an even bigger payday coming. If you dont succeed you'll still make more in a few years (and plus the buyout) than you would have in a much longer period of time where you started.



  8. #8
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 122,636, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    ruxCYtable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,435
    Points
    122,636
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 553
    Given: 544

    Re: Keno Davis out at Providence soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by CyCrazy View Post
    So, you would have passed on the money PC gave Keno? Likely, not.
    He jumped at the first offer he got. He could have gotten money AND gone to a place where he'd have had a chance to win, IMO, if he'd been more patient.



  9. #9
    Rookie
    Points: 8,653, Level: 27
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    531
    Points
    8,653
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 2

    Re: Keno Davis out at Providence soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by alarson View Post
    Exactly. You take the money. If you succeed youve got an even bigger payday coming. If you dont succeed you'll still make more in a few years (and plus the buyout) than you would have in a much longer period of time where you started.
    And you can start over e.g. McDermott, Floyd, Eustacy, etc, etc, etc.



  10. #10
    Rookie
    Points: 14,125, Level: 36
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 725
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    el tornado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Marshalltown
    Posts
    554
    Points
    14,125
    Level
    36
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Re: Keno Davis out at Providence soon?

    Do you think he could end up back at Drake? Would there be mutual interest? He seemed to be a good fit for the Bulldogs.



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 324,151, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    CyCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rolling dirty in Roland.
    Posts
    15,123
    Points
    324,151
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 507
    Given: 90

    Re: Keno Davis out at Providence soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by ruxCYtable View Post
    He jumped at the first offer he got. He could have gotten money AND gone to a place where he'd have had a chance to win, IMO, if he'd been more patient.

    You can't say that. What if he tanked the next year at Drake? The money and the jobs would be no where to be found.



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 904,445, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    60,233
    Points
    904,445
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,716
    Given: 3,870

    Re: Keno Davis out at Providence soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by CyCrazy View Post
    You can't say that. What if he tanked the next year at Drake? The money and the jobs would be no where to be found.
    I think he's saying that there would (probably) be other jobs coming open that same offseason that might have been better than Providence. I don't remember what was open that year, but I think that's where he was going.


    Kansas Must Be Destroyed

    Sic Semper Jayhawks




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 324,151, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    CyCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rolling dirty in Roland.
    Posts
    15,123
    Points
    324,151
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 507
    Given: 90

    Re: Keno Davis out at Providence soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    I think he's saying that there would (probably) be other jobs coming open that same offseason that might have been better than Providence. I don't remember what was open that year, but I think that's where he was going.
    Ya maybe, but I doubt he would have got much better offers.



  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 12,772, Level: 34
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 578
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    chadly82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,370
    Points
    12,772
    Level
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 652

    Re: Keno Davis out at Providence soon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Janny View Post
    Yeah, it sounds like he's done. I realize there are other factors involved, such as Providence's low status in the Big East, but I guess I never understood why he was such a hot commodity when the Fryars nabbed him. Yes, Drake had a fantastic season, but those players were not his. They were his dad's. It was a team made up of a lot of junior's and seniors. I don't want to take anything away from the job he did that year, because they were very good, but I just don't know what he showed that would make anyone think he'd be capable of turning around a program like Providence. I don't blame him for taking the job, because hey it's the Big East and it was a big payday. Maybe I'm way off base, but it seems like he had flash in the pan written all over him.
    ive always said this. Daddys players, mostly experienced upper classmen and he has a good year of just helping facilitate. Yeah it was more than that but probably not as good of a coach as most thought. I can compare keno and tom to Bob Knight and Pat knight situation in my opinion



  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 121,975, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Tornado man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    8,265
    Points
    121,975
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 189
    Given: 334

    Re: Keno Davis out at Providence soon?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • August 29, 2015
  • 06:00 PM