Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Chicago Tribune Blog Rips tOSU, Notre Dame and the NCAA

For those of you keeping score of the NCAA and its members, make sure you have body condoms and 10-foot poles.

And even then, you canít avoid the slime.

Thank God that Chicago is a pro sports town. Thank God that Chicago realizes college sports is third-rate. Maybe itís because you canít win big in college sports unless youíre corrupt and lawless, and Chicago college sports canít do that as well as Chicago politicians.

As best as I can figure, the N in NCAA stands for Nonsensical. I mean, connect these dots: Covering up for players who sell material possessions is a major ethical violation that a school apparently can treat with minimal punishment, while overseeing a football program that fails to prevent the death of a kid is not worth disciplining, but premarital sex gets you suspended.

Everybody clear on that?

Ohio State football coach Jim Tressel knew his players violated NCAA rules by selling memorabilia, but Tressel said nothing. He was silent and dirty for more than half a year. He sat there silent and dirty again when Ohio State bozos announced they knew nothing about nothing until that very day in December.

Oops.

RosenBlog: Tressel puts the slime in The Oily State University

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,159
    Given: 822

Re: Chicago Tribune Blog Rips tOSU, Notre Dame and the NCAA

For a city that thinks college sports is "third-rate", Chicago sure seems to be quite the "Big Ten town" - I mean, you can't go a block in Wrigleyville (the heart and soul of Chicago's "pro sports town") without running into at least three college bars, most of which belong to Wisconsin fans...

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.