Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 0

Des Moines/WDM Police Report 3/9/11

I've been looking through the webs trying to find something like this. I know ISU/Ames has one where they explain what the heck happened. Please post the link if you can find it, and I've looked at the inmate list and doesn't have the name listed as they are already out but would appreciate the police report/blotter for Dsm/WDM

TI

Starter
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 131
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1

Re: Des Moines/WDM Police Report 3/9/11

Did you want something for your mom to hang on the fridge or what?

All-Star
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 152

The register posts a "crime report" maybe once a week on their website. Most crimes aren't even listed though.

If you know the name of the person arrested you could enter their name in Iowa Courts Online and see their charges. If you want more info you can get the case number and purchase a copy of it from the police department.

Starter
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 699
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Prior poster was correct; DM reg has a very high level and incomplete report every week. Also the Iowa Courts Online works too but you have to know the name of the person who was charged. Here is a link: Iowa Courts Online Search

One final comment on police reports. Normally the police do not want you to know what they are doing; so they can make up lies used to convict innocent people. That's why they've resisted putting cameras on police cruzers. The DM police recently got some added to their cars, though.

Actually the police in Iowa are not nearly as bad as others around the country. A really disturbing thing has cropped up the last couple of years; luckily it hasn't hit Iowa ... YET. Filming a police investigation or arrest has become a crime. Got a phone with a camera in it and use it to film the police beating someone up ... they will arrest you for filming it. Scary.

Here is a link to a very scary article: The War on Cameras - Reason Magazine

Pro
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,190
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 108
    Given: 5

Quote Originally Posted by scottie33 View Post
    I've been looking through the webs trying to find something like this. I know ISU/Ames has one where they explain what the heck happened. Please post the link if you can find it, and I've looked at the inmate list and doesn't have the name listed as they are already out but would appreciate the police report/blotter for Dsm/WDM

TI
    Here you can browse or search by last name Polk County arrests and jail info:

Polk County Arrest & Jail Information

It will give you the initial charges and bail info, as well.

Starter
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 128
    Given: 78

Quote Originally Posted by Rickybaby View Post
    Prior poster was correct; DM reg has a very high level and incomplete report every week. Also the Iowa Courts Online works too but you have to know the name of the person who was charged. Here is a link: Iowa Courts Online Search

One final comment on police reports. Normally the police do not want you to know what they are doing; so they can make up lies used to convict innocent people. That's why they've resisted putting cameras on police cruzers. The DM police recently got some added to their cars, though.

Actually the police in Iowa are not nearly as bad as others around the country. A really disturbing thing has cropped up the last couple of years; luckily it hasn't hit Iowa ... YET. Filming a police investigation or arrest has become a crime. Got a phone with a camera in it and use it to film the police beating someone up ... they will arrest you for filming it. Scary.

Your comment is pure garbage.

Last edited by Mr Janny; 03-09-2011 at 08:06 PM. Reason: edited our "on behalf of cops everywhere, **** you"

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52

Speechless
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 324
    Given: 135

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird View Post
    A lot of what he put there is very true, and in areas there are police departments going after people under bogus charges for videotaping the actions of cops, even when the actions were poor actions.

I think the day is near where we require all police to wear some sort of video recording device when they are on patrol outside of a car, and then its not just your word vs a cop, but it has to be backed up with the video. As more and more people get small, handheld video devices, we're getting accountability put on the bad ones, and thats a good thing.

Last edited by alarson; 03-09-2011 at 08:09 PM.

All-Star
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 969
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 9

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Freebird View Post
    All of it is true including the statements about arresting people for video taping them arresting someone.

Starter
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rickybaby View Post

You are very correct sir. The fact is that it is always the police's word over the people in most every case. I'm not saying all cops are out to get us, but innocent people get charged everyday because their word is negated by the cops word. We NEED cameras to keep the police accountable for their actions, pure and simple.

They have cameras all over us now a days, so what's wrong in keeping them honest by us videotaping them? Overall the police force is a good thing, but we must keep them humble and the threat of citizens' with cameras presenting their side would definitely humble them.

Once upon a time there was a period where when the citizens saw their local law enforcement, a safe and good feeling would overcome the citizen and they would feel safe. Now whenever any of us see a cop we get that quick jolt of fear throughout our body, even if we aren't doing anything wrong... That feeling like "oh crap it's the police, am I doing anything wrong?!?!" And that is not right, because it's almost like they are acting out of fear. Let's be honest when you see the police on the road (even if you're obeying the speed limit) you FEAR the presence of that police car and may even hit the brakes even though you are being obedient!

That is what is wrong, we FEAR the police, when it should be the police that should FEAR the people if they step out of line. We NEED these cameras, or otherwise who knows the atrocities law enforcement could commit and get away with!

All-Star
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 152

Wow, a lot of uninformed people in this thread.

It isn't illegal to film police doing their job. It is illegal to interfere with them while they are doing their job.(In Iowa)

Last edited by Me State; 03-10-2011 at 01:57 AM.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 324
    Given: 135

Quote Originally Posted by Me State View Post

It isn't illegal to film police doing their job. It is illegal to interfere with them while they are doing their job.(In Iowa)
    That is not the case everywhere.

Starter
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 699
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Me State View Post

I didn't say it was illegal in Iowa. I said it wasn't illegal in Iowa "YET".

I also said the police in Iowa are a lot better than in most places in this country. It really bugs me when people in Iowa assume that things elsewhere are like they are here. Trust me, they aren't. People are just really stupid sometimes.

The reasoning goes like this: my friend/neighbor/relative is a Cop and he's a good guy so therefore ALL COPS EVERYWHERE ARE GOOD GUYS. That's just stupid. And the worst part is when the "blue line" mentality kicks in: when confronted with evidence they are wrong and there are lots of bad cops and they do lots of bad things (yes, some even some in Iowa) ... they attack.

If you've never had a bad experience with a Cop ... good for you, you should feel lucky. But don't go around bad mouthing people who HAVE had a bad experience because there are lots of them out there and their stories are true.

Last edited by Rickybaby; 03-10-2011 at 08:07 AM.

Starter
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Unless I'm missing something about the intent of this thread, Polk county Inmates is the listing that has Des Moines area arrests.

Lifetime Achievement- In on page 1 of a THujone MS Paint thread.